shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Pendant Q''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thirston

Rough_Rock
It''s a little guy, just a smidge larger than .5ct and will be set as a pendant, by itself.

Similar to this one

I think I prefer the look of a single loop bail vs. the "rabbit ears" bail but I would like to know if this will cause the stone to sit cocked to one side or the other all the time. I was told that the best way to keep the stone face out is to actually connect the chain to the setting but I don''t much care for that option. I''d like my wife to have the option of changing out chains if she ever cares to.

Also, I''d love input on the types of chains you ladies/gents think will look best with this sort of pendant.

White gold, 18K setting and chain.

thirston

Rough_Rock
I suppose I could post some pics of the stone to help lure you folks out of the woodwork :)

DI40X_GIA17062990.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I would go as delicate as possible with everything, including the chain. Just a delicate plain old link chain gets my vote.

thirston

Rough_Rock
and again...

IS_GIA17062990.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty pear!! I love the shape, it''s nicely proportioned.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could also skip the bail and make it a slider pendant. That would be a pretty look. I agree with having a delicate chain.

thirston

Rough_Rock
Would you be kind enough to explain the difference between a bail above the setting and a slider pendant?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 12:31:28 AM
Author: kcoursolle
You could also skip the bail and make it a slider pendant. That would be a pretty look. I agree with having a delicate chain.
Ditto this - I had designed a potential pear setting, and it was set with 4 prongs (no V at the point), with a slider setting. You could also bezel it with a fixed delicate chain?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think a delicate halo or bezel with a delicate chain would look gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

thirston

Rough_Rock
I''ve already decided this time around it will be set alone with no other sparkly friends. I''m leaning toward a V prong at the pointed end (top) and 2 claw prongs at the fat end (bottom).

I know that my wife has expressed a fondness of a single loop bail like
pearpen2ss.jpg

vs. a double loop bail like this:
pend9.jpg

I''d like for my wife to have the option to change out chains in the future without taking the whole thing in to a jeweler. So I don''t think I''ll choose to splice the chain and put the little () () doohickies on each side of the setting.

I''m still not sure what you all mean by a "slider".

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not the best example because this has a halo and a bezel but you can see here how there is no bail at all and the chain simply sits behind the stone and "slides".

slidependant111.jpeg

thirston

Rough_Rock
Hmmm, I almost think that I need some sort of a bail to add a little substance to the pendant. The stone is only 7.09mm long (basically 1/3 of an inch +/-) so I think a little metal sitting over its head could be a good thing perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results