shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear Ideal-Scope image?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have an image of what a well-cut pear should look like through an ideal-scope?

Does anyone remember this thread? Well, I''m going to look at the pear diamond again, armed with my ideal-scope. I''m thinking of putting in an offer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2006 12:44:01 PM
Author:starryeyed
Does anyone have an image of what a well-cut pear should look like through an ideal-scope?

Does anyone remember this thread? Well, I''m going to look at the pear diamond again, armed with my ideal-scope. I''m thinking of putting in an offer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
well... I think that an ASET might be more recommended since it is a fancy cut, but that''s the totality of what I have to contribute to this LOL good luck!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Gary, what should you see when you look through the aset to know if it is worth considering? For a fancy shape.

What you see in an EC vs what you would see in a cusion/radiant? What should be the prominent color? And is the white space leakage?

Thanks...

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gary. Very helpful!

So green is ok. Wasn''t sure if green was a good or bad thing...

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Garry. The pear was set in a ring, so it was a little inexact, but the stone reflected the most red through the bow-tie area. There was some spotty leakage near the point, and it was pinker at the base of the tear-drop, but overall it looked good.

Didn't bring my camera, unfortunately.

The ideal-scope made the cut portion of the analysis easy. The jeweler had a 30x microscope, so I think I have a feel for the inclusions - VS2 most likely. The color was the hardest part. I'm guessing G/H, although the jeweler is claiming F.

He told me the GIA certification time could be up to 6 months - anyone know what the actual wait time is?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
GIA should be about 6 weeks
If you are never going to sell it then you could use an appraiser from the boards here.

Pear shapes show more color - so when graded thru the side - vs frontal view - F could look like G.

You can rotate the ring with ideal-sciope too and check for large dead zones or black areas right beside white leakage zones - white next to black makes a large dark dead zone that is very unattractive if it is big enough to easily see.

Eva Green is OK, better than leakage, but not as good as red.

Only rounds have heaps of red
15.gif

Some blue is great for contrast - but as above - not when it is close to leakage.

I do not like the way AGS do this with no back light - it holds back very useful info.

I also much prefer to be able to move fancy shapes - the bassis infact of their own computerized system

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gary. If I can negotiate a good price, I''ll be sure to post pictures.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
PS - I forgot to mention - the jeweler LOVED the ideal-scope and asked where he could get HIS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results