shape
carat
color
clarity

Pear ASET & Images - Opinions appreciated!

marshmellowluver

Rough_Rock
Premium
I feel like you are rushing this far far too quickly.

I know it's personal preference, but are you certain that a pear with L/W of 1.8 is actually what you want? The one you thought you were purchasing was at closer to 1.45 and you were happy with those images, now 24 hours you are posting long, sling diamonds that look nothing like the previous one.

If a L/W of 1.8 is something you think you want, I strongly advise you go and look at some thing similar in store before purchasing. It is not a very popular ratio which doesn't mean it's not nice, but I think you might be underestimating the impact that it has in the appearance of a diamond.

Thanks KingKuda for the suggestion! I'm planning to do a halo ring, which would be better with a more elongated type pear. I also wanted a certain dimension, with length being 9 or close to that.. I was not planning for a 1.8 ratio, but this one (I think) look like it is promising with the light return on the video, and fits my length.. And an F as well. so I think it is worth considering.. The others are 1.6 - 1.7 so more in the "ideal" ratio..

Aside from the ratio / shape I would really appreciate thoughts on light performance. Which one out of the 4 seems to have the best potential? I really want the best sparkle within what I am looking for. Thanks!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit rubbish at looking at light return and paying attention to the impact of pavillion facets and can really only comment on symmatry/color/shape/various inclusions and the like, but here's my best try...

I can't see either of the bn stones as you have placed them on hold. For the JA stones i like the the f better. The reason for this is mainly shape, the f appears more symetrical whereas the tip of the k looks cut off to me and the bottom edge (the round part) is also more symmetrical with nice roundness in the j where the k has a slight squareness that bothers me. However, both stones look to have a mushiness in the tip and bottom...with some bow tie effect (not strong enough to bother me personally but strong enough that I wouldn't pick it for someone else). The mushiness seems less on the f because of the higher color. I think that the brighter white flashes accross the crown obscure it better, whereas in a lower color it seems to enhance it. The caveat to this is that in the f the inclusions at the bottom actually seem to blur out some of the white flashes which makes that mushiness very apparent to me.

Are you sure about going to a k for this stone? A lot of halos usually have fgh colored stones which against the k, will make the main stone's body color more apparent.

I've looked over some pears since you've posted and none in your l/w with your specific mm wants have really spoken to me. I looked for months before I chose the pear in my mom's necklace...my advice is to be patient. The right stone is out there somewhere, it just might not be listed right now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results