shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy Sapphire

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Also the one from Laurie Sarah, it does look pale but when I was shopping I noticed the pale stones would darken up when placed in the rose gold setting. And the pale pink ones would pull in alittle more peachy color that wasn't there before. So that could happen but you won't know until it's in the setting. My guess it would be it would look paler pink than the surrounding rose gold. How is the cut on that one? I would check from windowing.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
I would not recommend that lab created sapphire! I have nothing against lab created created in general, but that looks exactly like the Catham Labs stone I bought and returned! It had a huge bowtie and all the color and sparkle was at the tip. the rest was paler and less sparkle. In fact heres a pic of the four lab stones (8×5) next to my garnet.
20180615_195825.jpg
All the stones were excatly the same but you can see the bowtie most in the one on the left. If that bothers you, stay away from Catham Labs pears! The cut was very poor and not as many facets as my garnet.

Where did you get the 8x5 Chatham looking stones? I am just in love with the color. Even blush Chatham stones. I did a google search on Chatham days ago and bascically its not good. But how do you know? Would LaMore be able to tell me?
Thanks for all your input btw!

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
If you want to see for yourself, order Catham champagne stones from Africagems.com. Look for a discount code or sale as they run them often. They also have a very generous return policy of 30 days. I too really liked the color but the cut was a deal breaker for me. Maybe not for you.
ETA: I think you'll like the Champagne color better, NOT the pink champagne.

Last edited:

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Also fireandbrillance.com sells larger size pears but the price per carat is higher than Africagems.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Also fireandbrillance.com sells larger size pears but the price per carat is higher than Africagems.

I’ve never owneda gemstone so I’m not really sure what’s good and what’s not good. But I could post here right?

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Of course you can! Before my e-ring, my only gemstones were inherited. I'm still a newbie to this world too. I just went through a very similar search as you so I want to pass on the info I found.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Sorry for the typo I don’t know how to edit my post.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
https://www.etsy.com/listing/530631...most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_gall.... We'll hope I am having better luck with links tonight. Yvonne Raley has a peach garnet ring available. If you ask she may be willing to make it in rose gold for a special order. They are very gracious and a joy to work with.

I am loving her colored stones it’s just not the style settings I have in mind. Your ring avatar is a beauty. Can I see a bigger picture I’d you don’t mind? I keep going back and forth of a halo or not.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My ring is a loose copy of an Edwardian piece that I found on Pinterest but they tell me it was posted here originally. The halo is shaped like a heart and was made by Ivy and Rose aka Mydiamondzone on ebay.
Deborah-Thompson-1.jpg The diamond is also from Ivy and Rose and is a 1.36 ct F SI-2 antique cut. The diamond faces up 8 x 6mm with a high puffy table.

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
@Soon2bMrsFredericks I would suggest reaching out to Yvonne and explaining to her what your looking for. She sent me a few garnets and sapphires that she could source for me and she was very sweet to work with. I recently bought some small melee stones from her.
Also @princessandthepear I love the beach on view of your pear! That halo is so unique and to die for!

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well we purchased the setting this past weekend. We are going to go with a diamond. Here are some
pics. It has a CZ in it now until we purchase the diamond. The band has 1.1 carats of diamonds and it can hold between a 1-1.25 carat center. My question is though, do you think the diamond is raised too high? Do you think it should have more prongs?
7DB3ACBA-C91D-4A6F-9F68-2D500DA8CC8F.jpeg

E0B8735C-87EB-4408-B053-67FEFA672983.jpeg . 538E265A-F745-47A0-8702-6CE85EE27266.jpeg

Attachments

• 3E05A7D8-22A4-493B-8F9A-25D1C439A745.jpeg
    3E05A7D8-22A4-493B-8F9A-25D1C439A745.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 11

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you are on the hunt for a diamond you will want to start posting in the Rocky Talky forum. To answer your question about ptongs, I have seen rings with 5 and 6 prongs, I have also seen settings with v- shaped prongs on the tips. The v prong provides more stability and protection for the tip of the pear.
I will show you a side shot of my halo so you can see where the diamond is sitting.
IMG_0317.JPG My halo has a bezel around the pear and the diamonds sit slightly lower than the bezel. The rest is the puffy crown on my pear. Modern pears won't stick up as high as my antique cut pear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results