shape
carat
color
clarity

Peachy Sapphire

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
50F97F17-A8AC-4294-BB88-9F2BF371E5B5.png FEF11EFD-F99C-43E5-9894-9CF3FD5361A3.png A08033A3-996E-4470-9B60-4F95D3BD275B.png Hi ladies, you may remember my posts regarding morganite. I have now decided on sapphire but I am having a hard time finding any. Who has time to help me search?
I am looking for a pear peachy pink or blush sapphire to be set in a rose gold halo. As of now I just want to find the sapphire. 1-2carats equivalent. Here are some of my inspiration pics:

Thank you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try finewatergems.com
Whitesgems.com
Clearcutgems.com
Wildfishgems.com

There is a list of vendors on the colored stone board.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Preferred shape?
Budget?

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Try finewatergems.com
Whitesgems.com
Clearcutgems.com
Wildfishgems.com

There is a list of vendors on the colored stone board.

Yes, I did look through a bunch of them and can’t find what I am looking for.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Preferred shape?
Budget?

Pear between 1-2ct equivalent. Not sure on a budget because everywhere I look sapphires are such different prices. How much is a 1ct natural sapphire cost?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different prices because of color - cutting- clarity- treatment- report & origin.
And then, of course markup depending on where you are looking.
You need a budget first.
Then I/we can help you search.

Pear between 1-2ct equivalent. Not sure on a budget because everywhere I look sapphires are such different prices. How much is a 1ct natural sapphire cost?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
50F97F17-A8AC-4294-BB88-9F2BF371E5B5.png FEF11EFD-F99C-43E5-9894-9CF3FD5361A3.png A08033A3-996E-4470-9B60-4F95D3BD275B.png Hi ladies, you may remember my posts regarding morganite. I have now decided on sapphire but I am having a hard time finding any. Who has time to help me search?
I am looking for a pear peachy pink or blush sapphire to be set in a rose gold halo. As of now I just want to find the sapphire. 1-2carats equivalent. Here are some of my inspiration pics:

Thank you.

Also request this thread be moved to colored stones section.
You might have more traffic there that might be more inclined to offer suggestions.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Also request this thread be moved to colored stones section.
You might have more traffic there that might be more inclined to offer suggestions.

Thank you. How do i do that?

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
This will not be my forever e-ring so we would like to keep the ring under $2,000.

Different prices because of color - cutting- clarity- treatment- report & origin.
And then, of course markup depending on where you are looking.
You need a budget first.
Then I/we can help you search.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a lot of gorgeous inspiration!

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t necessarily rule out ebay so long as the GIA or IGI certificate is there.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1008.JPG
https://jupitergem.com/0-70-carats-heated-padparadscha/

It's a little smaller than you asked for.. It's got a report. It's looks to be not too pale. It looks like it may have a window - it may be peppered. Ask for a video/handshots.
Ask for 20% less and go from there.
Even without discount you'll ( I think) have enough leftover to get a delicate halo.

Have you seen the color you like in person yet?

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
That is a beauty! Thank you. I have tried on Morganite in a similar color before, but not Sapphire.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you would be willing to consider a light pink this gem is really attractive. It is untreated and the video shows a bright sparkling pear with over 7mm of length. https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphires-pink-13-535 The next sapphire is also pink and untreated over 7mm but has some inclusions in the magnified picture at the rounded bottom. I would ask if they are eye visible and at what distance. https://www.earthstreasury.com/product/0-81-pink-montana-sapphire
I am not sure why the links are not working but one is Gemfix and the other is Earth's Treasury. Both are extremely well cut and over 7mm in length with no visible bow ties.

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Non-padparadscha peachy, you should pay about $700-800 per carat.

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
You might also want to look at Malaia or Malaya Garnet in the peachy pink tones too. It is durable and budget friendly.
I strongly second the idea to consider mayala/mahenge garnet.
@Soon2bMrsFredericks I was looking for a sapphire almost excatly like what you're seeking with the same budget. (1ct-1.5 ct, peachy pink and pwear) I wasn't able to find a nicely cut pear in the right color and stay within budget.
But my malaya garnet is 1.9 ct and the perfect peachy pink color! Switching stones allowed me to get the halo setting i wanted.
If you're interested mine was sourced by Lindsay from Afacetaffair on etsy. She was amazing to work with and gave me four options to choose from.

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
You might also want to look at Malaia or Malaya Garnet in the peachy pink tones too. It is durable and budget friendly.
@Soon2bMrsFredericks I was looking for a sapphire almost excatly like what you're seeking with the same budget. (1ct-1.5 ct, peachy pink and pwear) I wasn't able to find a nicely cut pear in the right color and stay within budget.
But my malaya garnet is 1.9 ct and the perfect peachy pink color! Switching stones allowed me to get the halo setting i wanted.
If you're interested, mine was sourced by Lindsay from Afacetaffair on etsy. She was amazing to work with and gave me four options to choose from.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
If you're interested, mine was sourced by Lindsay from Afacetaffair on etsy. She was amazing to work with and gave me four options to choose from.

I would love to see your ring. I am open to a different stone, just harder than Morganite.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see your ring. I am open to a different stone, just harder than Morganite.

If you need it to be harder than morganite, the only choices would be spinel and sapphire. If you search for peachy spinel, you will find a lot of larger loose stones for less than $1000. The trouble is more so the pear shape than the budget. There just aren't a lot of pear shaped peachy sapphires or spinels right now, but there are many ovals available.

I found you the best deal when it comes to oval peachy spinel:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/198610...nel&ref=sr_gallery-1-7&organic_search_click=1

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
20180730_210355.jpg 20180730_205659.jpg 20180730_205329.jpg 20180730_212205.jpg 20180730_211241.jpg
My furbaby wanted cuddles while I was trying to take pictures!
Sure, I love showing off my ring!
Garnet is on the softer side, 7-7.5, so it would benefit from a protective setting. Mine is very low set in the halo and low to the finger. And I don't plan to wear it to work becuase I work with my hands alot.
But I don't think garnet has the other probelms associated with morganite. I've heard it can lose color over time and attracts oil easily making it look dull.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
Your ring is beautiful! What size pear is that?

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! It's 1.89 ct center plus another .25 ct in the halo.

MrsKissel9623

Rough_Rock
Trade
4B3D83DA-DBA9-4B64-9306-9930C6E09258.png

Too pink I believe. Laurie Sarah just sent me a video of this one. I’m unsure if it’s too pale. What do you think?
Also LaMore Designs who I just love has this but it’s a lab created sapphire. The color is perfect. What’s your thoughts on lab created? This one is 8x5 I believe, I would have liked t F13DD39B-194E-4A17-91D5-9A69656DA27C.png o go larger but with the halo I would have more finger coverage, correct? What do you think ladies?

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
I would not recommend that lab created sapphire! I have nothing against lab created created in general, but that looks exactly like the Catham Labs stone I bought and returned! It had a huge bowtie and all the color and sparkle was at the tip. the rest was paler and less sparkle. In fact heres a pic of the four lab stones (8×5) next to my garnet.
20180615_195825.jpg
All the stones were excatly the same but you can see the bowtie most in the one on the left. If that bothers you, stay away from Catham Labs pears! The cut was very poor and not as many facets as my garnet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results