carat
color
clarity

My beautiful garnet engagement ring!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
What a beautiful ring. The color of your center stone, and the halo made me think of Princess Eugenie's ring. But please don't tell her: I like yours so much more!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement!!!
Beautiful garnet indeed!!! Gorgeous sparkly! Wear it in good health!:love:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement, Ellebelle! I love your unique garnet e-ring :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a happy and joyful time. :kiss2:

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to look and send well wishes. I'm truly overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from so many. This is my first participating in an online forum and it really means alot to me for such a warm reception. This is a great community and thank you for letting me be a part of it.
Oh that's wonderful! Congratulations on your engagement! He did it to a different timeline than you were expecting huh? Clever guy! Much better surprise to do it when you're not expecting it!

Although! Does that mean he scuppered your idea to propose back to him?! Oh no! Ah well, I'm sure you can make a moment for him that's all about him! Perhaps it works out better that way!

Awww and the ring. Wow that's beautiful! All your time was will spent! So beautifully made, such gorgeous colours. It really suits you! That tip for the pear is perfect, it doesn't obscure anything. The halo is also lovely, really well proportioned, and, dare I say it, better than your inspiration ring!

That undergallery is divine! The flow is perfect. The thing I really love about that is that it's like a secret just for you, a hidden beauty that only you'll really see unless you decide to share it.

How romantic!

You'll have to show us his finished ring. And! Well... Are you going to wear a wedding ring...? :mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

Congratulations again! So delighted for you!
Thank you so much, you're too kind!
Yes, he threw me off when he didn't proposed on our anniversary. He knew I was expecting it that night so he told me ahead of time that it wasn't happening. He also told me he wasn't able to get time off work for a trip we planned to my hometown. (Every summer my hometown has a big food festival and I wanted to take him for the first time). I was really disappointed because my perfect timeline was the proposal on the anniversary then announcing the engagement to my family over the weekend. So when the ring wasn't ready and he couldn't make the trip I was really bummed..
So on Saturday I went to the festival with my sister and one of my best friends. I was telling them all about how I wanted the proposal but it hadn't happened yet.

Later that night I had plans with another best friend who was also visiting from out of town. It was also her birthday weekend and her husband helped me surprise her- she had no idea I was in town! So we hung out and he suggested we should visit a favorite local coffee shop near her alma mater.
After getting coffee, we walked around the dowtown/campus area and ended up in front of city hall where there is a really pretty fountain. All of the sudden, I turn around and my boyfriend is right behind me, in a suit, playing my favorite Ed Sherran song on his phone! He gets down on a knee gives his speech, the whole time I'm freaking out because I'm holding a coffee cup have another ring on my left hand! So after getting that sorted he pulls out David Klass' amazing ring box and the ring was just glowing! Even in the early evening light!
Shortly after my parents showed up and we all went out for drinks to celebrate. The following day we had brunch with some family friends then visited both of my grandparents to make the announcement official!
All in all, it was even better than I imagined it would be. He completing surprised me and made a huge grand gesture by showing up out of nowhere. It was grand but intimate surrounded by loved ones. :kiss2:
I didn't get to do my same day reverse proposal but it worked out because the whole weekend was just about his proposal. I just got his ring tonight and I'm dying to give it to him!

Had to come back to your thread to admire your ring again. Will you combine it with a band?
Yes, I plan to have a band with a U-shape that curves around the bottom of the pear. At the bottom of the U, there will be a small marquise or pear. We'll have a long engagement so it will be a while before I get the band!

Congratulations!
What a beautiful ring. The color of your center stone, and the halo made me think of Princess Eugenie's ring. But please don't tell her: I like yours so much more!
Thank you so much! That's the best compliment! I originally wanted a peach pink sapphire but that was before I discovered the price tag of Padparadschas!
When I dropped off the stone to Amy, she also mentioned the similarity to Eugenie's ring. But don't worry, I won't mention it to the princess! :lol:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to look and send well wishes. I'm truly overwhelmed with the outpouring of support from so many. This is my first participating in an online forum and it really means alot to me for such a warm reception. This is a great community and thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Yes, he threw me off when he didn't proposed on our anniversary. He knew I was expecting it that night so he told me ahead of time that it wasn't happening. He also told me he wasn't able to get time off work for a trip we planned to my hometown. (Every summer my hometown has a big food festival and I wanted to take him for the first time). I was really disappointed because my perfect timeline was the proposal on the anniversary then announcing the engagement to my family over the weekend. So when the ring wasn't ready and he couldn't make the trip I was really bummed..
So on Saturday I went to the festival with my sister and one of my best friends. I was telling them all about how I wanted the proposal but it hadn't happened yet.

Later that night I had plans with another best friend who was also visiting from out of town. It was also her birthday weekend and her husband helped me surprise her- she had no idea I was in town! So we hung out and he suggested we should visit a favorite local coffee shop near her alma mater.
After getting coffee, we walked around the dowtown/campus area and ended up in front of city hall where there is a really pretty fountain. All of the sudden, I turn around and my boyfriend is right behind me, in a suit, playing my favorite Ed Sherran song on his phone! He gets down on a knee gives his speech, the whole time I'm freaking out because I'm holding a coffee cup have another ring on my left hand! So after getting that sorted he pulls out David Klass' amazing ring box and the ring was just glowing! Even in the early evening light!
Shortly after my parents showed up and we all went out for drinks to celebrate. The following day we had brunch with some family friends then visited both of my grandparents to make the announcement official!
All in all, it was even better than I imagined it would be. He completing surprised me and made a huge grand gesture by showing up out of nowhere. It was grand but intimate surrounded by loved ones. :kiss2:
I didn't get to do my same day reverse proposal but it worked out because the whole weekend was just about his proposal. I just got his ring tonight and I'm dying to give it to him!

Yes, I plan to have a band with a U-shape that curves around the bottom of the pear. At the bottom of the U, there will be a small marquise or pear. We'll have a long engagement so it will be a while before I get the band!

Thank you so much! That's the best compliment! I originally wanted a peach pink sapphire but that was before I discovered the price tag of Padparadschas!
When I dropped off the stone to Amy, she also mentioned the similarity to Eugenie's ring. But don't worry, I won't mention it to the princess! :lol:
Enjoyed hearing about his proposal. Hope you surprise him just as well! :cool2:
I wish my fiance would wear an engagement ring! He just wants to wear a plain gold band after the wedding, and nothing before. sad :((

ellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Enjoyed hearing about his proposal. Hope you surprise him just as well! :cool2:
I wish my fiance would wear an engagement ring! He just wants to wear a plain gold band after the wedding, and nothing before. sad :((

I have a plan brewing...:cool2:
I think he was getting jealous of all the time and effort we were putting into my ring. He said it wasn't fair he had to wait til the ceremony to get his bling!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a plan brewing...:cool2:
I think he was getting jealous of all the time and effort we were putting into my ring. He said it wasn't fair he had to wait til the ceremony to get his bling!

Pretty cool that he wants to join your bling party and you have something in the works for him!! ::) My DH did get jealous of my of my blinging sets and resets...so I eventually did have a custom piece made for him. Now he is all smiles!!!:))
I'm so happy for you two!! Congrats again!:appl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180730_210355.jpg 20180730_205659.jpg 20180730_205329.jpg 20180730_212205.jpg 20180730_211241.jpg
My furbaby wanted cuddles while I was trying to take pictures!

I'm so late to the party...i just saw DH design by DK on the rocky talky forum!!! His band is a true work of art!! Lovely detail! Awesome design!! :love::love::appl:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

What an absolutely fabulous proposal! You have yourself a crafty one there! Although truly he sounds like a pretty great cookie too. Aww
honestly that's just so lovely and to have all of your friends and family around... That's really very special. And sneaky. Did I mention sneaky?:lol::lol::lol:

Your furbaby looks gorgeous too. What's her name? She looks very cuddly.
P

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Huge congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and I wish you many happy years wearing it.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love the setting. Congratulations on your engagement!

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
wowoowowowowow!!!! its beautiful!!! congrats!! you must be thrilled!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job on the design and I must say your surprise proposal story made me cry (on the bus home from work). How sweet and wonderful. Congratulations and enjoy this time!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely gorgeous! :love: Congratulations...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful proposal story! It adds to the stunning beauty of your ring

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
Its beautiful!

chipahoy

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring :kiss2:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw this thread, what a beautiful ring and awesome proposal story. Congratulations!!!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I missed the proposal story so I'm glad I came back to this thread to read it! And then I got to stare at the close up pics of your ring. I did not realise there were graduated diamonds on the halo, how fascinating and unique!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results