shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave diamond engagment ring meets the ocean...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2005 6:10
6.gif
2 PM
Author: mrssalvo
i may not be the best person to take advice from, i just got my new appraisal back from Rich Sherwood and he discovered 2 small chips
39.gif
on my stone. fortuately, their not visible to the naked eye but
39.gif
YIKES! That is a HUGE bummer! I am so sorry to hear that. What kind of setting is your stone in? Are there pics posted here anywhere? Do you have any idea how it got chipped? Can you see them under a loupe? Can he polish them out a bit?

I am so sorry!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Lynn

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn,

You can read all about it here

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 9:12:22 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Lynn,

You can read all about it here
Thank you for the link. WOW... that looks like an AMAZING stone!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How long have you had it?

I, too, wouldn''t change a THING! With all the fire going on in that puppy, and in a gorgeous vintage setting... no one will ever see or notice the tiny chips. Except you. And your mission from Pricescope -- try to forget about them and thoroughly enjoy your gorgeous ring!
2.gif

Lynn

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn,
I've had it 5 years. Not long after receiving my ring the setting needed some repairs, we put the stone in a tiffany 6 prong setting where it has remained until now. I was planning on upgrading to a Leon setting before the appraisal news. now, i don't know what to do, other than keep the stone because i really do love it and it really is soooo pretty and white.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Islanddreams:

1st WOW is all I can say about your honeymoon destination.....good for you!

2nd- I know nothing about what damage could occur but can I say that my favorite pic from my former marriage was taken on our honeymoon, on a FL beach, just our hands held up together to show our rings, with sand and water fuzzy in the background. its the only photo still keep around and I''m glad you''re not going to deny yourselves that very special photo-op...

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Bring them with you. Leave the rings in the SAFE IN THE ROOM! don''t take them in your beach bag. You''re asking for it then!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
John, The honeymoon plan is in stages: the wedding is Sunday July 3, 2005 in Champaign, IL. We''re going to have a mid-morning wedding and an early afternoon reception. We plan to be on a plane that goes from O''Hare to Miami leaving at 7:30 or so at night. We''ll spend the night in Miami departing for Barbados around 9am. We land in Barbados around 1pm so we''ll straight toward the island. You have to take a small plane from Barbados to Union then a boat from Union to PSV. On the way back we are going to spend 2 nights in Barbados partially to help get us used to civilization again. So now as it is snowing yet again here in Indiana I keep looking at the pretty pictures of tropical places. I can''t wait!

Will it hurt my diamonds if I put them in the cleaner the whole time I''m in the shower?

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Ooops, was posting and pressed a key and hoopla... it has vanished. Hope i''m not posting twice! what was tryign to say is, what a fabulous place,
30.gif
you are going to have such a wonderful honeymoon.

Wear the ring ( of course it always has to be completely insured), but wear it.

I''m so sorry to hear about the Retiro experience in Madrid - I lived in Madrid for two years and there is a little danger in some circumstance, it is a cool city though. I think there is a drug problem, it seemed a little more ''druggy'' than many big cities I''ve lived in. Hope I''m not offending anyone!!

But if you are flying more or less directly then just wear your ring and enjoy. Although the ''taking-the-sting-out-of the-post honeymoon/marriage-return-home-and-work'' thing, is also a good idea. Get to prolong the ''newly wed'' feeling.

I wear my 1.20 sq em cut, with trap sides, most places. I turn it in inwards usually on public transport. But in terms of robustness, phew, diamonds and platinum are tough, as long as you''re not knocking it sharply on a hard surface. It''ll look pretty in the sunlight and as for sun cream, soap and water will wash that off.

Beeeeautiful resort, congrats on it all

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 10:41
6.gif
1 AM
Author: IslandDreams
John, The honeymoon plan is in stages: the wedding is Sunday July 3, 2005 in Champaign, IL. We're going to have a mid-morning wedding and an early afternoon reception. We plan to be on a plane that goes from O'Hare to Miami leaving at 7:30 or so at night. We'll spend the night in Miami departing for Barbados around 9am. We land in Barbados around 1pm so we'll straight toward the island. You have to take a small plane from Barbados to Union then a boat from Union to PSV. On the way back we are going to spend 2 nights in Barbados partially to help get us used to civilization again. So now as it is snowing yet again here in Indiana I keep looking at the pretty pictures of tropical places. I can't wait!

Will it hurt my diamonds if I put them in the cleaner the whole time I'm in the shower?

ID,

Depends on how long the shower is...
31.gif

Being serious...You may solicit other opinions, as I only clean diamond jewelry with mildly soapy water and a soft brush - rinse with clean water...but I realize I'm a bit 'old school' in that sense.

By the way, what a plan. I take my girl to an all-inclusive retreat each year. This has made the list.

You MUST return to tell me about Barbados. I'm pretty jealous right now.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results