shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon project on HOLD for now.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all,
I received and email from Richard Sherwood with all the appraisal information on my stone. I have an 1.19 G European Cut SI2...When I bought it is was a VS2 but according to Rich it has suffered a couple of chips that have lowered the clarity. Now I'm in the process of deciding to re-cut it, which would lower the tcw but increase the clarity, leave it as is, which was Rich's suggestion since the stone is eye clean, or go ahead and try to upgrade. All that said, I have decided to put my Leon project on hold until I decide. I am thinking of finding and antique setting for my "old" stone and trying to convice hubby for a new stone to send to Leon
1.gif
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you keeping the Old European as is and finding a vintage looking setting for it...and seeing if you can get hubby to fork over a new stone for the new setting. But I frequently like to have my cake and eat it too.
9.gif

If you can''t see the blemishes due to the chips in the OEC...it''s likely worth it to keep them there as it is an older and more rare cut. Let us know what you decide!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... you have a VS2 by nature that got worn down to SI2. Let''s say you recut it up to it''s best (VS2 or better - depending on what and where the internal characteristics are) - the result will just be a smaller stone just starting to get worn down again !

Unless there are some cracks way obvious and the cut is not appealing to you for some other reason... can''t see a strong reason to recut just to repair invisible scratches.
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, that's what i'm thinking. I personally LOVE the stone, it has tons of fire and is very white. I was told that in order to sell it I should recut to get a "better" stone. I just don't think I want to do that. For me it's a piece of history that would be destroyed, as well and being the stone hubby proposed with. We had to replace the original antique setting a few years ago. Well, now I get to have fun finding an antique looking setting
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll try to attach one of the pages Rich sent me. His appraisal''s are really amazing and I really enjoyed doing business with him. I had to make the page smaller so I hope the images show up???
20.gif

E-clarity photo report1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the girdle took some abuse... nothing strategically placed prongs or a bezel could not handle. Aside that, I can definitely see why you like this piece
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a down side to OEC's. thin girdle's....

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo, do you have any pics of the type of setting you want? That is a lovely stone and I wouldn''t change it a bit or sell it.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is lovely and if its eye clean, then I think you should keep it as is.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 8:27:17 AM
Author: Shay
Mrssalvo, do you have any pics of the type of setting you want? That is a lovely stone and I wouldn''t change it a bit or sell it.

I was thinking of something like this:

onlywitharound.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also LOVE slammie''s ring:

topperside08.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s my Leon LOVE..

idreamofleon.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG - I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture you posted. Is that from Fay Cullen? It''s GORGEOUS!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG- it's from estatediamondjewerly;.com You can check out all of their stuff here

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to see my jeweler today. He had several new setting's to show me. there was one sheldon speyer I fell in love with. I have reconsidered the possibility of going ahead with Leon as well. Oh, how am I ever going to decided.....

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 3:15:37 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I went to see my jeweler today. He had several new setting''s to show me. there was one sheldon speyer I fell in love with. I have reconsidered the possibility of going ahead with Leon as well. Oh, how am I ever going to decided.....
So many choices!

Did the Sheldon Speyer setting make your heart go pitter pat?

Did it speak to you? If so, what did it say?
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 4
6.gif
2:50 PM
Author: Patty
Date: 3/4/2005 3:15:37 PM

I went to see my jeweler today. He had several new setting''s to show me. there was one sheldon speyer I fell in love with. I have reconsidered the possibility of going ahead with Leon as well. Oh, how am I ever going to decided.....

So many choices!

Did the Sheldon Speyer setting make your heart go pitter pat?

Did it speak to you? If so, what did it say?
9.gif

Patty,
it is the first and only setting i have seen that I Loved since discovering the one and only Leon.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
How does it compare in price to the Leon Mege?

How much do you like your jeweler and want to deal with him/her?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a few hundred less than leon. I do love my local jeweler and he has been awesome taking tons of time with me during my search which began almost a year ago. the two rings are similiar in style - both have the antique look i want but the sheldon speyer has side half/moons. it is covered in pave and just stunning. the side stones add a little extra bling. if i go with leon i''ll just cover my solitaire in pave. i never really thought i would like the 3 stone look on my hand but when i tried that baby on....WOW
30.gif
30.gif
but i have yet to see a leon ring in person and i know from others his would be AMAZING to.....
20.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 9:13:26 AM
Author: appletini
Your stone is lovely and if its eye clean, then I think you should keep it as is.
ditto

blkcat

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 5:07:08 PM
it''s a few hundred less than leon.

I''m new so I might not know what I''m talking about -- LOL. But I would keep the stone as it is - it''s beautiful. And if the price is only a few hundred more - I would go ahead with Leon''s design. I think his design would outweigh any slight imperfections (is that the right term?) with the stone.

blkcat

Rough_Rock
Oh gosh, I am new -- LOL I looked at the wrong date. I thought this was a recent thread. Sorry for bumping old news. DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results