shape
carat
color
clarity

Passed around pink tourmaline finally set!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I know I am at least the third ps owner of this stone so I'm sure you'll want to see how it was finally set.

Custom 18K pink/white gold setting (I know the pink photographs yellow)
7.41 asscher african tourm cut by Gene Flanigan

LOVE IT!

pinktourm741 014.JPG

pinktourm741 011.JPG

pinktourm741 027.JPG

pinktourm741 015.JPG

couple more.

pinktourm741 019.JPG

pinktourm741 018.JPG

pinktourm741 012.JPG

pinktourm741 004.JPG

last ones

pinktourm741 010.JPG

pinktourm741 026.JPG

pinktourm741 008.JPG

pinktourm741 020.JPG

Kelpie,
I LOVE the setting! :love: It is awesome for a solitaire that is so open, with the delicate double prongs and the little curve "W" on the profile. The pink tourmaline looks to have good body colour too. Is it done by your local jeweller?

That setting is just awesome, i must know where you got it!!!

Chrono said:
Kelpie,
I LOVE the setting! :love: It is awesome for a solitaire that is so open, with the delicate double prongs and the little curve "W" on the profile. The pink tourmaline looks to have good body colour too. Is it done by your local jeweller?

Thanks Chrono! Yes, they are local. I was driving past them everyday for years in this tiny 18th century rowhouse in a village of about 200 people and finally checked them out. They are family run where the mom is a precision lapidary, dad is a goldsmith, and son is a goldsmith/geologist so they know exactly how to treat the more fragile stones. My ring was made by the son who is about 25 or so but really a developing talent. I showed him a pic of a ring's bones I liked, specified pink head and white shank, sharp elongated double prongs, and a "sinister aesthetic". I LOVE what he came up with and talking with him about mining colored stones in Africa (he interned with the late Campbell Bridges in his Kenyan grossular mines). He even lent me his GIA colored stones essential course. He better be careful or I will be his new BFF!

I love that setting. Where is this wonder family and why don't they have a website? ;-)

And the tourm looks great in it!

Wow I love the setting, and the tourm looks great in it! :love:

Beautiful ring! Gorgeous stone and setting!

Quite a fantastic jewel, you are lucky to have such a gifted jeweler to work with locally!

Kelpie, it's stunning! I absolutely love it. The cut, color, and setting are perfect. Your jeweller did a fantastic job. :))

Wow! 8) Amazing ring!

YAY....this is going to my favorites list....I love it!!!!

Lori

loriken214 said:
YAY....this is going to my favorites list....I love it!!!!

Lori
Thank you, Lori. I'm so glad you like what I did with it.

That is a beautiful ring, and your jeweler is very talented. Just do me a favor, and please be careful with it, since the stone sits rather high off your finger. I'm someone who likes a lot of diamond and bling, but I have to say this has got to be my all time favorite solitaire setting on PS. It's so unique and such fabulous detail. I like the gothic edge to it.

I really like the antique look of the setting. That is a rock for sure.

That is some kind of ring!! :love:

-A

:love: :appl: :love: GORGEOUS....

That is an absolutely lovely solitaire. I especially like the head. Thanks for sharing!

I'm not sure which I'm more jealous of, your gorgeous new ring, or that you've found the perfect trifecta of talent and craftsmanship at a local jewelers!

Wow that is amazing. I swoon over lovely double prongs. Gene cuts a mean asscher! Amazing finger presence. Enjoy it :appl: :appl:

Wow love the color and the setting, its is just beautiful :love:

That is lovely. It would be interesting if you could get your camera to focus on the band detail, sort of like you were able to do in the one photo near the end. I've not seen anything like that before, and it is beautiful.

That is really amazing! Love the setting, and love the way it looks on your hand. Well done! :appl:

Wow, very nice!

Pink Tower said:
That is lovely. It would be interesting if you could get your camera to focus on the band detail, sort of like you were able to do in the one photo near the end. I've not seen anything like that before, and it is beautiful.

Thank you, everyone! I received pics today which show it better. It is delicate and yet so sturdy. They definitely build their rings for generations of wear.

top reduced.jpg

angle.jpg

laying.jpg

side.jpg

OMG it looks wonderful Kelpie! I love it! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Very cool and creative setting. It is like a golden web holding the stone to your finger...very different and not something an average person can carry off. You do so well!

It is a beautiful ring! Very elegantly made. And the stone sparkles in it! Thank you for posting the website, Kelpie.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP