shape
carat
color
clarity

Passed around pink tourmaline finally set!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I know I am at least the third ps owner of this stone so I'm sure you'll want to see how it was finally set.

Custom 18K pink/white gold setting (I know the pink photographs yellow)
7.41 asscher african tourm cut by Gene Flanigan

LOVE IT!

pinktourm741 014.JPG

pinktourm741 011.JPG

pinktourm741 027.JPG

pinktourm741 015.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
couple more.

pinktourm741 019.JPG

pinktourm741 018.JPG

pinktourm741 012.JPG

pinktourm741 004.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
last ones

pinktourm741 010.JPG

pinktourm741 026.JPG

pinktourm741 008.JPG

pinktourm741 020.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie,
I LOVE the setting! :love: It is awesome for a solitaire that is so open, with the delicate double prongs and the little curve "W" on the profile. The pink tourmaline looks to have good body colour too. Is it done by your local jeweller?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That setting is just awesome, i must know where you got it!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
Kelpie,
I LOVE the setting! :love: It is awesome for a solitaire that is so open, with the delicate double prongs and the little curve "W" on the profile. The pink tourmaline looks to have good body colour too. Is it done by your local jeweller?

Thanks Chrono! Yes, they are local. I was driving past them everyday for years in this tiny 18th century rowhouse in a village of about 200 people and finally checked them out. They are family run where the mom is a precision lapidary, dad is a goldsmith, and son is a goldsmith/geologist so they know exactly how to treat the more fragile stones. My ring was made by the son who is about 25 or so but really a developing talent. I showed him a pic of a ring's bones I liked, specified pink head and white shank, sharp elongated double prongs, and a "sinister aesthetic". I LOVE what he came up with and talking with him about mining colored stones in Africa (he interned with the late Campbell Bridges in his Kenyan grossular mines). He even lent me his GIA colored stones essential course. He better be careful or I will be his new BFF!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I love that setting. Where is this wonder family and why don't they have a website? ;-)

And the tourm looks great in it!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love the setting, and the tourm looks great in it! :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Gorgeous stone and setting!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Quite a fantastic jewel, you are lucky to have such a gifted jeweler to work with locally!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kelpie, it's stunning! I absolutely love it. The cut, color, and setting are perfect. Your jeweller did a fantastic job. :))

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! 8) Amazing ring!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....this is going to my favorites list....I love it!!!!

Lori

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
loriken214 said:
YAY....this is going to my favorites list....I love it!!!!

Lori
Thank you, Lori. I'm so glad you like what I did with it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful ring, and your jeweler is very talented. Just do me a favor, and please be careful with it, since the stone sits rather high off your finger. I'm someone who likes a lot of diamond and bling, but I have to say this has got to be my all time favorite solitaire setting on PS. It's so unique and such fabulous detail. I like the gothic edge to it.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I really like the antique look of the setting. That is a rock for sure.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is some kind of ring!! :love:

-A

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :appl: :love: GORGEOUS....

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
That is an absolutely lovely solitaire. I especially like the head. Thanks for sharing!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure which I'm more jealous of, your gorgeous new ring, or that you've found the perfect trifecta of talent and craftsmanship at a local jewelers!

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is amazing. I swoon over lovely double prongs. Gene cuts a mean asscher! Amazing finger presence. Enjoy it :appl: :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow love the color and the setting, its is just beautiful :love:

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
That is lovely. It would be interesting if you could get your camera to focus on the band detail, sort of like you were able to do in the one photo near the end. I've not seen anything like that before, and it is beautiful.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That is really amazing! Love the setting, and love the way it looks on your hand. Well done! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very nice!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower said:
That is lovely. It would be interesting if you could get your camera to focus on the band detail, sort of like you were able to do in the one photo near the end. I've not seen anything like that before, and it is beautiful.

Thank you, everyone! I received pics today which show it better. It is delicate and yet so sturdy. They definitely build their rings for generations of wear.

top reduced.jpg

angle.jpg

laying.jpg

side.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG it looks wonderful Kelpie! I love it! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool and creative setting. It is like a golden web holding the stone to your finger...very different and not something an average person can carry off. You do so well!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring! Very elegantly made. And the stone sparkles in it! Thank you for posting the website, Kelpie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results