shape
carat
color
clarity

"Parti" Sapphires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Michael, that is one stunning stone!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decpdame, that is a stunning ring! I love the trilliant shape - how unusual!
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 5:22:38 AM
Author: decodame
This is my Parti. I set it early this year, it comes from the Queensland mines. My parti flashes green, teal and blue
30.gif
I never tire of looing at this stone.
What a beauty!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi All,

Africa produces some very interesting particolored sapphires too. These are all from the Songea region of Tanzania.

The round and oval are unheated. The trillion had a streak of blue through it before heating and I was surprised that heating turned the rest of the stone amber while the blue was unchanged.

Richard M.

Parti Girls copy.jpg

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This stone came from Australia as well. I think it weighs 2 1/2 carats or so...it''s close to 9mm across and a bit shallow. It flashes blue, green and yellow depending on the angle it''s being viewed from. I bought it with re-cutting in mind, but my daughter, who goes through my box-o-rocks periodically, saw this and decided that it would make a good birthday present...for her. Sooo, it''s into a pendant and onto her neck. At least it''s easy to figure out what she likes !

Parti Heart.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
heliotrope, hotpozzum cool stones! Sapphire can have quite a bit of color zoning and is usually cut to minimize the zoning, so those are extremes when you can see it especially when they are different colors (not just different saturation of color).

Michael I''ve been eyeing that stone, think it is very cool! As both me and my daughter are september babies, feel that I have at least 1 more sapphire coming my way. However I wonder with the parti colors, that I get it and every one will think I''m weird (hmm, doesn''t she notice the band of green through the stone?)

Attached is an example of a bicolored pad sapphire (not mine), where the pink and orange are not evenly dispersed.

exbicolorpad.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2009 10:01:38 PM
Author: Michael_E
This stone came from Australia as well. I think it weighs 2 1/2 carats or so...it''s close to 9mm across and a bit shallow. It flashes blue, green and yellow depending on the angle it''s being viewed from. I bought it with re-cutting in mind, but my daughter, who goes through my box-o-rocks periodically, saw this and decided that it would make a good birthday present...for her. Sooo, it''s into a pendant and onto her neck. At least it''s easy to figure out what she likes !

Beautiful stone! Lucky daughter!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 10:01:38 PM
Author: Michael_E
Lucky daughter!!!! Where can I find a heart parti sapphire like this????

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME PHOTOS....THANK YOU FOR THE EYE CANDY!!!!
30.gif

Lori

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lori I''m sorry it''s taken me so long to reply. I bought this stone off Ebay from a seller who routinely photoshops his photos and videos! I bought this and a pear shape parti. They didn''t cost much and when they arrived I was disappointed at the colour because it looked nothing like the advert. Having said that, the sapphire I''ve had set now looks gorgeous (really against all odds) and is such a pretty gemstone that shows all different colours. So actually, I''m very happy with the purchase. I posted a thread about this sometime ago. Let me see if I can find it and you can see the seller''s name and also the photos of what they said I would be getting and what I got
9.gif

This isn''t the link I was looking for but it does have the seller''s pictures and some other photos of parti sapphires:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bi-coloured-sapphire-anybody.104329/

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 7:41:09 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Lori I''m sorry it''s taken me so long to reply. I bought this stone off Ebay from a seller who routinely photoshops his photos and videos! I bought this and a pear shape parti. They didn''t cost much and when they arrived I was disappointed at the colour because it looked nothing like the advert. Having said that, the sapphire I''ve had set now looks gorgeous (really against all odds) and is such a pretty gemstone that shows all different colours. So actually, I''m very happy with the purchase. I posted a thread about this sometime ago. Let me see if I can find it and you can see the seller''s name and also the photos of what they said I would be getting and what I got
9.gif

This isn''t the link I was looking for but it does have the seller''s pictures and some other photos of parti sapphires:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bi-coloured-sapphire-anybody.104329/

LD, who was the seller you got these from again? I think I remember that someone also told me not to buy from them because their sphene pictures are WAY off the real thing.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW Michael E, Richard M and Part Gypsy those photos are great! TFS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results