shape
carat
color
clarity

Paris Hilton's 2 million dollar engagement ring

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I could not wear that ring as I would not be able to bend my finger, most short women would be the same. She must be tall.

She is 5ft 7 inches or 170.2 cms tall which IMHO is neither particularly tall or short.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is 5ft 7 inches or 170.2 cms tall which IMHO is neither particularly tall or short.

Times change. When I was growing up 5' 4" was the average height of a woman in the United States and women in the United States were taller than many other women in the world. It was always said that a model had to be 5' 6" tall. A man who was 6 feet tall was considered to be quite tall. I was 5' 4 3/4 " and called myself 5' 5". I wore two to three inch heels to work and heard myself described as "that tall, thin girl".

Well, I shrank from 5' 4 3/4" down to 5' 2" and everyone in the world has gotten a lot taller. Now I am considered tiny.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I just measured my ring finger and my real estate is 25mm long x 15mm wide (size 5) so this ring would likely cover my entire knuckle and make it hard to bend the ring finger. Would this make it unwearable for Paris? Probably not, as she most likely doesn't do much stuff with her hands anyway.

I certainly wouldn't be able to wear it on daily basis in the winter here. It's 10F outside right now so I'm not going out without gloves and there are no gloves to fit that ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Times change. When I was growing up 5' 4" was the average height of a woman in the United States and women in the United States were taller than many other women in the world. It was always said that a model had to be 5' 6" tall. A man who was 6 feet tall was considered to be quite tall. I was 5' 4 3/4 " and called myself 5' 5". I wore two to three inch heels to work and heard myself described as "that tall, thin girl".

Well, I shrank from 5' 4 3/4" down to 5' 2" and everyone in the world has gotten a lot taller. Now I am considered tiny.

I just googled it and modelling agencies today list female model requirements as rake thin and between 5ft 9inchs and 6ft as what they are after.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
The size of that ring is ridiculous. Wouldn’t wear that kind of ostentatious-ness (is that a word?) even if I was filthy rich. Way over the top IMO.

She varies too much :lol:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good ending for her. Time for sizing. Anyone who found it and had ill intentions probably wouldn't have been able to do anything with it anyway as it's so recognizable.

Good exposure for British DJs Above & Beyond.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She's very lucky!
I agree about Above & Beyond - used to enjoy their music in my clubbing days (16+ years ago).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha!!! How silly this girl is!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... does it look like she might be pregnant in the picture of her and her sweetie with the band?

Then again, I don't think pregnant women generally have a problem with rings flying off their fingers, so maybe not.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results