shape
carat
color
clarity

Paris Hilton's 2 million dollar engagement ring

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband actually met Paris once although he had no clue who she was which was really funny at the time, he was so clueless he actually asked who she was - and he said she is tiny ie petite short and really thin/small framed etc so that could be another reason the ring looks massive on her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love her ski jacket. Gold, no less. lols

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to see it up close (there’s no such thing as too big).

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband actually met Paris once although he had no clue who she was which was really funny at the time, he was so clueless he actually asked who she was - and he said she is tiny ie petite short and really thin/small framed etc so that could be another reason the ring looks massive on her.

Is he sure it was Paris Hilton he met? I was under the impression that while she's slim, she's also on the tall side.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385296/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure the ring would not look large on a bigger woman. ;))

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely wear that ring. Who wouldn't? I don't think it's tacky. I like huge pears.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely wear that ring. Who wouldn't? I don't think it's tacky. I like huge pears.

As my husband always says (I am addressing both you, lyra, and Madam Bijoux): That's why they make vanilla and chocolate!

Deb :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is kind of hysterical that we are discussing whether we'd wear it or not!:lol: I guess if it was a surprise engagement ring, one might have to. But if I was expecting a large diamond above 6-7 cts, an emerald cut would be about the only shape I'd consider (maybe an elongated antique cushion), and definitely at 10+ cts. Twenty carats is gaudy to me unless you're the queen or something, and even Queen Elizabeth wears a very tasteful 3 ct diamond.

However, since PH most certainly paid for the ring herself, I am betting she had input into it more than the article says.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I second what @arkieb1 was saying - it's not so much the ring but rather the person wearing it that we associate with as gaudy. I have seen Bostonian old money matriarchs wearing huge bling - and it looks elegant on them. Liz Taylor rocking her massive baubles. The ring on it's own, as several posters pointed out, is utterly gorgeous.

In any case, I wish her much happiness - having gone through 3 public engagements, 2 of which failed and covered in the tabloids, it must not have been easy! Hopefully this guy is the one for her.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meh. I'm not into pears and can think of better ways to spend $2M. That being said, I wish Paris and Chris all the best and hope they live happily ever after. I'd love to see how the wedding will be. Quite the shindig, I'm sure, and she'll certainly have an amazing dress!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pears but I def would NOT wear either one.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is he sure it was Paris Hilton he met? I was under the impression that while she's slim, she's also on the tall side.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0385296/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

I assume so - he was in a high end duty free shop at a large International airport, the only person in the shop and suddenly a crowd of people came into the shop two girls and their entourage of people the shop workers suddenly closed down the outside door and locked them all in, there were paparazzi outside with cameras yelling out to them.

He shopped for a while, they shopped for a while and finally he thought WTF is going on so he walked up to her and said "excuse me I hope you don't find this rude but who are you" to which she replied "I'm Paris" and walked off.

They opened the shop when they were done shopping and when he went to the counter one of the staff also said it was Paris Hilton.

His overall impression of her was she was tiny, perhaps he was more meaning thin and slender not just short, but he is a tallish thickset older man so maybe he just had the overall impression IRL she would some how be taller and bigger overall than she was. I wasn't there so no idea.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
F317250B-5779-4FCF-BD31-CD0A0633A0A4.jpeg I'd rather have her sister Nicky's engagement ring (attached picture). Nicky married an aristocrat (Rothschild) and Paris is engaged to actor many of us don't know??? He must have given up a kidney to buy Paris's ring??:lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@arkieb1 I was wondering if your husband might have met Nicole Ritchie and she as well as her people were calling her Paris? Nicole is super petite while Paris is at least between 5’6” to 6’ based on silly internet articles and stats. Anyway it’s of no consequence, and what a great story for your dh to have. How long ago did he meet her, do you remember? I’m not trying g to disprove your anecdote at all; rather, I’m just curious as a former lover of all things late 90s and early oughts. :mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He just got home from work so I grilled him about it he said it was at LAX and it was Paris and her sister Nicky was the other girl with her, and he said he didn't observe specifically that she was short but he did notice she was very what he described as "fine boned" and slender more so in person than in the tabloids and a lot more attractive and finer featured in real life as well.

Me, I can't actually get over that he was so dopey he had to walk up to her to ask her who she was.....

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This site has pictures of three of her previous rings. The first one was $125,000 and people were saying things like "nothing but the best for Paris!" and "It's so HUGE!"

One of the rings was not officially an engagement ring, and there are also old stories about someone named Cy Waits looking for rings before she dumped him. So I think we may have five engagement rings out there.

She auctioned off the emerald, BTW.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the staged photo. They are on top of a mountain with no skis or ski boots and there are no tracks, footprints or other marks in the snow...looks like it had been raked smooth. Not even the shadow of the person(s) taking the photo. How romantic.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can honestly say I wouldn’t wear it. It’s too big and I wouldn’t feel comfortable being a moving target for every nut job who now knows how much it cost.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the staged photo. They are on top of a mountain with no skis or ski boots and there are no tracks, footprints or other marks in the snow...looks like it had been raked smooth. Not even the shadow of the person(s) taking the photo. How romantic.
While I dont doubt it was staged, they are both wearing ski boots, and the shadows are slanted NE, with the photographer/videographer standing SE of the couple which would hide their shadow. Not sure what you are looking at?
https://fashionmagazine.com/fashion/paris-hiltons-engagement-ring-shockingly-smaller-first-one/

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A twenty-carat pear shape diamond is huge!

Many years ago at the JCK Trade Show in Las Vegas, one of the diamond cutters who specializes in diamonds weighing more than ten carats waddled up to my late wife Robin and "proposed" to her by dropping a 25-carat pear shape diamond into her hand.

She hefted it in her hand like a paperweight, keep in mind that a one-carat diamond weighs about one gram, so this would be a twenty-five gram paperweight ;-)

She set it on top of her hand with the culet resting between her fingers and it looked ridiculous, but we did think that it would have made a stunning pendant! :eek-2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A twenty-carat pear shape diamond is huge!

Many years ago at the JCK Trade Show in Las Vegas, one of the diamond cutters who specializes in diamonds weighing more than ten carats waddled up to my late wife Robin and "proposed" to her by dropping a 25-carat pear shape diamond into her hand.

She hefted it in her hand like a paperweight, keep in mind that a one-carat diamond weighs about one gram, so this would be a twenty-five gram paperweight ;-)

She set it on top of her hand with the culet resting between her fingers and it looked ridiculous, but we did think that it would have made a stunning pendant! :eek-2:

Hi, Todd-

Whenever I see you post I think of Robin and your partnership. I do not post often in RockyTalky, which I am sure is where you post most often. But it is always good to see you there. You and Robin were always great community members. I love this story.

All the best,
Deb/AGBF

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi, Todd-

Whenever I see you post I think of Robin and your partnership. I do not post often in RockyTalky, which I am sure is where you post most often. But it is always good to see you there. You and Robin were always great community members. I love this story.

All the best,
Deb/AGBF

Thanks Deb, that's very sweet and nice to know :)

20 carat pear shape diamonds, I found a few floating out there, they average 24 mm in length, which is about 2.4 centimeters. A quarter measures about 2.5 centimeters which is roughly one inch if that helps put things into perspective for people reading this thread who might be wondering about that. The average width of the other pear shapes is about 15 millimeters.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd rather have her sister Nicky's engagement ring (attached picture). Nicky married an aristocrat (Rothschild) and Paris is engaged to actor many of us don't know??? He must have given up a kidney to buy Paris's ring??:lol:

Yes! Nicky's ring is classy and beautiful and not oversized. Certainly she could have had one worth 10 million if she wanted. There's zero chance the boyfriend bought the ring. Of course, I am all for the girl chipping in to get what she wants! :lol:

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes! Nicky's ring is classy and beautiful and not oversized. Certainly she could have had one worth 10 million if she wanted. There's zero chance the boyfriend bought the ring. Of course, I am all for the girl chipping in to get what she wants! :lol:
Given what happened to Kim Kardasian in Paris, you'd think she'd be more cautious of flaunting her wealth? Ah well, if it makes her happy (and I agree she must have chipped in), who am I to judge? She definitely won't have DSS with that ice rink!!

cats_sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
:whistle: I dunno is it just me or do you guys agree that she won’t stay married to anyone for very long. I knew someone like her, had a box of engagement rings, no one was ever good enough. It’s a nice enough ring, bit gaudy for my taste.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can imagine it’s very difficult to find someone who loves you for yourself and not your money/fame. I hope this works out for her. We all deserve to find happiness and I really do wish them well.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG: she drove away and left her fiancee on the curb lol

"it seems Paris Hilton was so distracted by her new $2 million engagement ring that she didn't immediately notice that her new fiance wasn't in the car when her driver sped away from LAX on Thursday.

The pair just returned to Los Angeles from their trip to Aspen for New Year's Eve where the actor proposed to the Hilton heiress with a giant, pear-shaped engagement ring worth $2 million dollars.

Hilton, 36, entered the awaiting SUV with her luggage before her driver bolted as paparazzi congratulated her.

Zylka, 32, was left alone on the curb.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG: she drove away and left her fiancee on the curb lol

"it seems Paris Hilton was so distracted by her new $2 million engagement ring that she didn't immediately notice that her new fiance wasn't in the car when her driver sped away from LAX on Thursday.

The pair just returned to Los Angeles from their trip to Aspen for New Year's Eve where the actor proposed to the Hilton heiress with a giant, pear-shaped engagement ring worth $2 million dollars.

Hilton, 36, entered the awaiting SUV with her luggage before her driver bolted as paparazzi congratulated her.

Zylka, 32, was left alone on the curb.

So it was the driver who drove away. Do we know that Paris didn't immediately notice her fiancé was missing? I mean, it makes a great story, but is it true?

Deb (history teacher fact checking here)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it was the driver who drove away. Do we know that Paris didn't immediately notice her fiancé was missing? I mean, it makes a great story, but is it true?

Deb (history teacher fact checking here)

Yes, i was too lazy to clarify lol

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I could not wear that ring as I would not be able to bend my finger, most short women would be the same. She must be tall.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results