shape
carat
color
clarity

PARIS HILTON in PRISON for 45 days!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
My question is this:

When does the excuse "but I told the truth" (as Paris has exclaimed so defiantly since Friday of last week) negate the fact that she BROKE THE LAW!!

Last time I checked, telling the truth doesnt get you out of breaking the law.. lets put it this way... a man is on trial for first degree murder, confesses to it (i.e. "tells the truth") and thinks because he confessed and told the truth, that he should be found not guilty??? hmmm.. I dont think that would fly in our court system here in the U.S. of A. does anyone else think that this is a good "excuse" as to why this 45 day (45!!!!!) sentence should be appealed and eventually overturned.. um.. NO!

My response...

Yes... you told the "truth" (whatever that may be in her deluded world).. you told the "truth" do you want a cookie, ?? BUT, you broke the law... more than once.. you deserve to go to jail... ENJOY lockdown with your cookie!!!

Arghhh... she just drives me to insanity!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
just read that she''s appealing to big Arnie for a pardon!!! *sigh*

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well this will certainly be interesting ha ha ha ha ha.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, he better not do that. Very sick.
29.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh to be young, pretty, rich and famous. How one might aspire to this is nothing special. It sounds appealing on the surface. behind the scenes life for such people is under a microscope. Imagine not being able to go where you want to go without bodyguargds and an entourage. Imagine the paparazzi camped out at every possible turn. Little privacy and constant scrutiny make people into strange beings. They get reclusive, obsessive, obnoxious, more spoiled, excessive, and on and on. People who pursue them constantly break the limits of good sense. People want to see celebs screw up and get caught. All in all, its not anything to wish for.

She should go to jail, do her time and try to be a better human being when she gets out. Just like anyone else, she needs real, sincere correction and a time out. It will not hurt her and might just help her, although I'm sure she's afraid of the jail house experience.

Our society at large is much in the same condition as Paris finds herself although she is at the top of the heap in many respects. Where is the discipline? Where is self respect? What limits do parents enforce on children? Are there no rules of decency in song lyrics? Is there no reasonable code of conduct in public? Where has service to the Nation gone? It would suit me just fine to see the whiney children who have become young adults get a chance to spend ten weeks in basic training in the Army or Marines and then spend a few months or a couple years doing duty for their country and their fellow citizens. There is such a wide divide between those who deserve our respect and those who demand it for no good reason. Everybody claims they have "rights", but very few deserve them with the way they act. Paris is just an ultimate example of a spoiled brat brought up without limits or regard for others. We have lots of small versions of Paris running around demanding their "rights" and their welfare. We have illegals demanding citizenship on top of illegal entry into the country. Everybody has their "rights", regardless of what is RIGHT. I'd support some amnesty, but I can't support stupidity.

Paris, go to jail, do your time and get over it! Be a good girl and get a driver when you've had a bit too much of the sauce.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Having been the victim of three drunk drivers on three separate occasions, I have no sympathy for those who drive when they aren''t competent to do so.

Quite honestly I am a bit shocked she only got 45 days. If I were the judge, she would have gotten 45 days for each occurence that either broke the law, due to her probabation. I probably ( depending on the law) would have also issued the maximum punishment for driving drunk AND for driving on a suspended license. Suppose she had hurt someone, when she not only operated a car while DUI but with a suspended license as well?

Paris is certainly not the sharpest acadeic knife in the drawer, but she ( or her publicity staff ) has certainly marketed her successfully.

Kaleigh - RE : The "S" being stupid in celebrity

I move to adopt a new word for those celebs that act Stupid............. I suggest SELEBRITY. By changing is the "S" is patently more noticable and separates the good celebs from those who have " Ihavemoremoneythanbrainsitis"

Rockdoc

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 1:50:40 PM
Author: Po10472
just read that she's appealing to big Arnie for a pardon!!! *sigh*
Seriously, that makes me sick. She was also driving w/o a license at one point too, because it had been suspended. And she thinks they're making an example of her because she is a celebrity!?!? A normal person would ALREADY be in jail.
20.gif
I don't have a single iota of sympathy for her. She's lucky she didn't kill anyone.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Just goes to show that there's no correlation between money and being white trash!
20.gif
11.gif

ETA: I just signed a Lock Up Paris petition!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 6:05:10 PM
Author: KimberlyH
If you're interested in reading the petition, here's a link... http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/PH21781/

OMG, I just saw it and this is what the petition letter says "She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives." Then a person is to sign it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 6:17:41 PM
Author: IndieJones
Just goes to show that there''s no correlation between money and being white trash!
20.gif
11.gif

ETA: I just signed a Lock Up Paris petition!
9.gif
I''d like to sign that too, but couldn''t find it. I''ll keep searching...

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Here is a little blurb about the Judge in this case from the LA Times:

"An otherwise unassuming career jurist, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer found himself thrust into semi-celebrity last week when he sentenced Paris Hilton to jail.

Hilton and her spokespeople have since decried the 45-day sentence as unfairly harsh and out of step with her crime of repeatedly driving with a suspended license. Bloggers and celebrity watchers across the country have weighed in, alternately criticizing the ruling and applauding Sauer for standing up to Hilton''s reckless ways and consequence-free lifestyle.

"I don''t care to be the DUI judge to the stars," Sauer told The Times on Monday. "I''m amazed about the amount of talk about this case. I''m amazed at the amount of publicity."

Those who know and work with the 69-year-old Sauer said he''s one of the last people they can imagine grandstanding for the cameras, or altering his judgment for a famous defendant.

"He''s not the type of individual to make an example of anyone," said Mark Rafferty, an attorney who said he''s argued hundreds of cases in front of Sauer, most of them DUIs. "He''s not the kind of guy who likes the limelight. He''s a hardworking judge and has been for a long time. He''s not worried about what other people think, good or bad."

Another attorney who has appeared multiple times before Sauer speculated that the judge may have been annoyed by Hilton''s repeated violation of her license suspension and her late arrival for her hearing.

"I think in this case she must have gotten under his skin … basically she thumbed her nose at him," said Mark J. Werksman. "There''s a limit to a judge''s patience.

During the two-hour hearing Friday, Sauer seemed well aware of the defendant''s celebrity, at one point joking with the prosecuting attorney that "I don''t want to deny you your 15 minutes of fame.""

36.gif

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Um, and don''t get me started about this:

http://freeparis.org

Can somebody start me a website:

http://getJenniferBmorebling.org? Can I persuade all PSers to sign it? Imho, it''s less ridiculous than the above.
20.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 1:34:13 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
go to a traffic division lot and see the vehicles as I have that are twisted metal and dried blood. Cars that have been cut in half.

van.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
murdered by a drunk driver Aug. 21 1999.
R.I.P. my friends.

murdered.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2007 3:36:52 AM
Author: Po10472
I don't know if you've heard the reports about Kate Moss' fiasco, Pete Docherty. He used to be in a band called the Libertines but he fell out with the guitarist and broke into his house and stole a load of his things, sold them for money to buy heroin. He was caught, charged but got off. He has a serious drug addiction - into anything. He then started up this band called Babyshambles and started touring again and been caught driving under the influence, in possession of class A drugs, charged with intent to sell, assault............you name it. Not 1 day in prison!!! he's been let off with it all........except, um.......go to rehab!!

Kate Moss has stood by him, he is disgusting. What is she thinking and what is she doing with a man like this.

However, the reason for my story is, he's a 'celebrity' who appears to be able to do what he wants, endanger his own life and the lives of others by his behaviour and still he is allowed to walk free and is not punished for his actions. It bothers me a lot that because you're famous you're invisible.

Isn't he gorgeous??? NOT!!
I completely agree, in fact I would say he is repulsive, I wouldn't take him encrusted in diamonds - he makes my skin crawl.

Storm, I am so sorry for the loss of those young people.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this what she will have to do, before anyone listens, including her dumb #%#@#%@#$# mother and father????????

Thank you Storm.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results