shape
carat
color
clarity

PARIS HILTON in PRISON for 45 days!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
I totally forgot about that Nicole Richie driving down the wrong side of the highway thing! I remember in some interview she said she had taken that Vicodin for cramps...those must have been some fierce cramps...
23.gif
, and still doesn't explain the marjuana intake either...
40.gif

I am not familiar with much criminal prosecution/probation stuff but I know that Paris could have gotten "up to" 90 days for this violation and she received 45 days...so idk if that is celeb-treatment category. The judge also did not allow her to go to one of the swank-prisons for an "upcharge" either. Her defense counsel will surely make some absurd appeal, as he said he was "disheartened" with the system he has worked in for 40 years, and that will be just the cherry on top. With what to go on when this is your client's "reasoning":

- Believing her license was initially suspended for 30 days and then she was allowed to drive for work purposes during the next 90 days.

- When the officer stopped her in January and made her sign a document stating her license was suspended, she thought he was mistaken and did not actually look at the document she signed (uh, ignorance is NOT a defense to the law last time I checked...)

Not only does her behavior disgust me (in this facet of her multi-faceted-questionable-decision-making-persona) - but it really infuriates me that she NEVER makes apologies for what she has done. For anything! Not that an apology makes anything reprehensible better, but it does show *some* decency, esp when you are a public figure, and have CHOSEN to make yourself a public figure. The only "I'm sorry" came out of her mouth in the courtroom, when she was trying to get out of this mess. UGH! DUI is such a big deal and truly has taken innocent lives. This isn't some skeevy-lude-homemade-tape.
29.gif

I have had my nights out in Hollywood, where we were fine to drive there - but not to drive back home...what did we do? POOL OUR MONEY together to get a cab and then fight about who had to hitch rides with who to pick up cars in the morning. The fact that she must show up driving herself in her Bentley, in full paparazzi view, is beyond comprehension to me.

As for her mom:
- During closing arguments by the city prosecutor, Paris's mom laughed when he said she deserved jail time.
- When the judge ruled, KATHY HILTON SAID "May I have your autograph?"
38.gif

I have to laugh about this so I don't cry.

ETA: I second SDL above - I know no difference between DUI and DWI, regional maybe?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicole and Paris made a pit stop in a neighboring town, to work out. They spent most of their time in the bathroom getting high. A very good friend that works out there told me the whole story. I wasn''t surprised, but was angry they would do that at a gym!!! The owner of the gym was livid, and told them off. But it never was made public.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 1:52:31 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Nicole and Paris made a pit stop in a neighboring town, to work out. They spent most of their time in the bathroom getting high. A very good friend that works out there told me the whole story. I wasn''t surprised, but was angry they would do that at a gym!!! The owner of the gym was livid, and told them off. But it never was made public.

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I have no words.
Because they surely drove themselves home. Or where-ever. Impaired by some substance.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you''ve heard the reports about Kate Moss'' fiasco, Pete Docherty. He used to be in a band called the Libertines but he fell out with the guitarist and broke into his house and stole a load of his things, sold them for money to buy heroin. He was caught, charged but got off. He has a serious drug addiction - into anything. He then started up this band called Babyshambles and started touring again and been caught driving under the influence, in possession of class A drugs, charged with intent to sell, assault............you name it. Not 1 day in prison!!! he''s been let off with it all........except, um.......go to rehab!!

Kate Moss has stood by him, he is disgusting. What is she thinking and what is she doing with a man like this.

However, the reason for my story is, he''s a ''celebrity'' who appears to be able to do what he wants, endanger his own life and the lives of others by his behaviour and still he is allowed to walk free and is not punished for his actions. It bothers me a lot that because you''re famous you''re invisible.

Isn''t he gorgeous??? NOT!!

pete_doherty.jpg

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure about the female prisons in CA, but right now the male prisons in LA are ridiculously overcrowded, hold up is a zoo, the whole thing is in shambles. I know for people who get sentenced for small infractions, they're not given prison time at all or are let out really early on "good behavior" within days etc. because there's no place to hold anyone.

I know in CA they have something like 180,000 prisoners in facilities that were supposed to hold 1/2 that many, prisoners are currently sleeping in hallways and converted common areas. It's become a safety hazard (riots etc.) and so dangerous and unhealthy that federal judges have threatened to start releasing prisoners as violating the prisoner's constitutional rights if something isn't done.

So I doubt Paris Hilton will actually get more than a week, even a few days, for a DUI. Hopefully a few days, in those crowded prisons, will hopefully teach her a lesson =).

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think pete doherty is one of the most disgusting people. How has he not gotten jail time yet-I mean he squirted a syringe of his blood at someone. He''s just disgusting

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Michelle,

Thank you and Steve for explaining DUI and DWI to us, boy was I way off LOL. BTW LOVE your new picture. Have you lost more weight??? You look so beautiful.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicole and Paris made a pit stop in a neighboring town, to work out. They spent most of their time in the bathroom getting high. A very good friend that works out there told me the whole story. I wasn't surprised, but was angry they would do that at a gym!!! The owner of the gym was livid, and told them off. But it never was made public.

How SICK is that!?!?!? I will never ever buy a magazine they are on the cover of or anything they sell; ever!
29.gif
Kathy Hilton should be ashamed of herself.
38.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 3:55:42 PM
Author: Skippy123

How SICK is that!?!?!? I will never ever buy a magazine they are on the cover of or anything they sell; ever!
29.gif
Kathy Hilton should be ashamed of herself.
38.gif

Kathy Hilton is common trash, she was a "child" star of sorts and married "rich" there are some absolutely charming stories out there about her and her mom "Big Kathy." People seem to think that Paris is high-society, while true NYC society shunned the Hiltons and this is one of the reasons why they went back and forth between NYC and California- the Hiltons weren''t associating with the Astors, Vanderbilts, Lauders, Nan Kemper, Jackie, etc.

She is definitely from a wealthy family, but like most family fortunes, by the time you reach the 3rd generation the well starts to run pretty dry, if the younger generations don''t keep working and aren''t smart. Kathy & Rick have encouraged Paris to "work" and Paris does quite well between paid appearances, Simple Life, licensing crap, etc. Kathy & Rick let their daughters go out & dance on table-tops when they were in high school- they encouraged this behavior & never told them not to court the media. There was a big piece done on them in Vanity Fair in ''99?
As a result of her overexposure in the NYC market when she was in high school someone "stalked" her and she had to finish high school thru home schooling.

She''s a disgusting person and is the exact opposite of what a socialite is IMO. It used to be that ppl w/ real money only wanted to be in the newspaper 3 times in their lives, when they were born, when they married and when they died.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I, like, you know, just don''t understand what she, like, did wrong. It wasn''t, like, her fault. You know, her minders, didn''t advise her properly, like. I think, like, the only reason she''s getting gaol time, like, is because, like, you know, it''s the tall poppy syndrome.

Set, like, Paris Free!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 6:05:44 PM
Author: Sparkster
I, like, you know, just don''t understand what she, like, did wrong. It wasn''t, like, her fault. You know, her minders, didn''t advise her properly, like. I think, like, the only reason she''s getting gaol time, like, is because, like, you know, it''s the tall poppy syndrome.

Set, like, Paris Free!!!!!
ROFLMAO!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We never hear anything about her sister do we ?????

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 6:17:49 PM
Author: Linda W
We never hear anything about her sister do we ?????

Except for the time she married that older bald guy in Vegas on a whim... only to end it a few months later and get back together with her leprechaun boyfriend.

Also she designs hideous clothing and plastic hand bags.

I will allow that at least her sister graduated from a decent high school.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
She doesn''t get into trouble with the drugs and drinking though like Paris does she? I don''t follow them too closely.

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicky is no saint, but a heck of a lot smarter than Paris. I give her credit, that she followed her passion and went to design/ fashion school after she graduated from High school. Not that I love what she designs, but gotta say the girl is driven. Couldn't avoid the pun, sorry.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 6:27:10 PM
Author: Linda W
She doesn''t get into trouble with the drugs and drinking though like Paris does she? I don''t follow them too closely.

Linda

I only know as much about them as I do because I used to live in NYC- v. close to their old apt. building- Nicki lived w/ her former boyfriend, an MTV vj for at least a year in a building that was just across 6th Ave from me. I remember thinking that she was REALLY young to be living w/ her boyfriend at the time, and that the BF had a kid from a previous relationship.

Those girls are pure CLass...

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t they have a younger brother? Is he ''on the scene'' or is he publicity shy?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
there are 2 younger brothers- I think both too young to be out and about like them- easier for underage girls to get out and dance on tables you know-

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
There''s a rumor going around that a nightclub on Sunset Blvd. had a moment of silence for Paris due to her impending jail sentence. How sick is that?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 10:15:26 PM
Author: KimberlyH
There''s a rumor going around that a nightclub on Sunset Blvd. had a moment of silence for Paris due to her impending jail sentence. How sick is that?
Oh good lord, now I''ve heard it all.
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, how disgusting is that. Well what do they want like I have said, let her ride around until she injures someone, or worse?????

Linda

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
A place held a moment of silence for her getting a jail sentence? What about a moment of silence, for those starving, dealing with chronic illnesses, abuse...etc...It is seriously ridiculous.

RE the DUI and DWI, I did some research and it does differ from state to state, I guess I''m in one that has DUI as a lesser charge...I never knew that it could differ from state to state, thanks for the info :).

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 11:44:31 PM
Author: KindredSpirit717
A place held a moment of silence for her getting a jail sentence? What about a moment of silence, for those starving, dealing with chronic illnesses, abuse...etc...It is seriously ridiculous.

RE the DUI and DWI, I did some research and it does differ from state to state, I guess I''m in one that has DUI as a lesser charge...I never knew that it could differ from state to state, thanks for the info :).
CA has really started cracking down on drunk driving in the last 5 years or so. They used to give restricted licenses so people could still drive to work, etc. but that has all stopped. A first offense typically earns you 15 days of community service + fines + no driving for 1 year. If you''re BAC is above 1.5 your community service sentence doubles. On top of CA''s newer, more restrictive laws, she didn''t just earn herself a DUI, she also managed to violate parol, twice.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5.''''
*a la Nelson from the Simpsons*: "HA HA!"

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''m slightly surprised she got actual jail time. Mainly due to the overcrowding, but also cuz judges seem easily swayed into giving a celebrity community service as being "more useful to the public" instead of actual jail time.

Course, celebs are normally not stupid enough to violate parole twice and then give completely flippant and asinine excuses in court.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:48:09 PM
Author: codex57
I''m slightly surprised she got actual jail time. Mainly due to the overcrowding, but also cuz judges seem easily swayed into giving a celebrity community service as being ''more useful to the public'' instead of actual jail time.

Course, celebs are normally not stupid enough to violate parole twice and then give completely flippant and asinine excuses in court.
I think many celebs put the S in stupid!!!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2007 3:59:31 AM
Author: peridot83
I''m not sure about the female prisons in CA, but right now the male prisons in LA are ridiculously overcrowded, hold up is a zoo, the whole thing is in shambles. I know for people who get sentenced for small infractions, they''re not given prison time at all or are let out really early on ''good behavior'' within days etc. because there''s no place to hold anyone.
This particular prison is the same one Michelle Rodriguez (of Lost and so on) went to when she was caught driving drunk in Hawaii, which was a violation of her parole. She was supposed to serve 60 days but was let go after just a few hours because of overcrowding. SO. We''ll see how long Paris actually has to stay. I''m hoping the whole sentence, but only because she''s a menace, just like every other person who decides to speed down the road at night with no headlights on, in violation of a drunken driving conviction''s parole. Sheesh!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Paris is now appealing the decision claiming it''s cruel and unusual punishment for her to have to serve time.
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG you have to be kidding???????? She makes me sick
14.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a hard sentence -- I wouldn''t wish 45 days in prison on anyone -- but it doesn''t seem harsh. I''m sure her celebrity influenced the judge. Unfortunately, people driving with licenses suspended because of DUI convictions seems to be the norm here in California. How do we know? By the number of fatal accidents in the news that are caused by people driving with a suspended license. I suspect the judge sentenced her to 45 days, and did his best to make the sentence bulletproof, out of exasperation. None of the other punishments seemed to get her attention; maybe this will.

There are a lot of roll-your-eye moments in the "paris goes to prison" story [i.e., "I didn''t read the citation, people do that for me"]. Hopefully they''ll cause some young women to question who they''re idolizing, and parents to question what they allow their kids to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results