shape
carat
color
clarity

PARIS HILTON in PRISON for 45 days!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Can you believe it?! Finally, a judge that didn''t give a celeb special treatment. Oh my goodness what is going to happen to her in there? More importantly, for us PSers, where will she put all her bling in the meantime??!?!

From TMZ:

"A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge has sentenced Paris Hilton to 45 days in L.A. County jail for violating her probation in a reckless driving case. Judge Michael T. Sauer handed down the harsh sentence, telling Paris she will not be allowed work release, furloughs, use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail. She must do the time!

An emotional Paris, with tears welling up in her eyes, told the judge moments before the decision "I''m sorry, I''m sorry." Witnesses inside the courtroom say that Paris'' parent, Rick and Kathy Hilton, were both visibly upset as the sentence was handed down. Kathy, we''re told, was especially distraught.

Paris will serve her sentence at the Century Regional Detention Facility (CRDF). She will begin her sentence on June 5.""

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
23.gif
31.gif
32.gif
38.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly doubt it will happen. It would be good if it did to show those girls some responsibility for their actions.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read an article about this that said she would be segregated from the general population, either in a cell alone or with one roommate. I''ll be very surprised if she actually does serve time, though! Apparently her lawyer is going to appeal.

I wonder if the judge sentenced her extra harshly because she is a celebrity? (Not that I feel sorry for her!) I''m just curious as to whether or not she would have received the same sentence if she wasn''t a celeb. I''m not familiar with sentencing guidelines for breaking the terms of probation, luckily!
3.gif
Do any of the lawyers out there know?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 12:33:12 AM
Author: thing2of2
I read an article about this that said she would be segregated from the general population, either in a cell alone or with one roommate. I''ll be very surprised if she actually does serve time, though! Apparently her lawyer is going to appeal.

I wonder if the judge sentenced her extra harshly because she is a celebrity? (Not that I feel sorry for her!) I''m just curious as to whether or not she would have received the same sentence if she wasn''t a celeb. I''m not familiar with sentencing guidelines for breaking the terms of probation, luckily!
3.gif

I so agree with you thing2of2. These people make wreckless driving and DWI''s seem like an everyday occurance that is not a big deal. It is a HUGE DEAL
38.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope she does serve time. I am so tired of her reckless behavior. I couldn't give a rats as* what silver spoon she came from. She has had no regard for DUI'S, the law, etc.... If she gets off, what does that say to our young people?? I take this very seriously. And I am not naive, she could get off, or be given preferential treatment while in prison. I will be interested to see what transpires.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see this go down!!! She could make a TV show about it, "The simple life: In Prision."

I enjoyed watching naomi cambell walk to her community service site where she had to clean toiletes LOL!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She just repulses me. Every thing is a photo op, she thinks she is an iconic blonde like Grace Kelly...PULEZE. She is only in the news because she is blonde and has money, she is not a seemingly bright girl. Every photo she has that duck face and pose to the camera. I hope someone finally makes these party animal kids get it together.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 12:33:12 AM
Author: thing2of2
I''m not familiar with sentencing guidelines for breaking the terms of probation, luckily!
3.gif
not a lawyer and don''t have personal experience but breaking the terms of probation is almost always treated harshly.
I did do computer work for several judges however.

Judges don''t like to be defied and that''s what breaking probation is doing.
too put it in kid terms...
she was given a time out and didn''t do as she was told and is now getting a spanking.
That is exactly how the judge is seeing it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
also the odds of another judge doing anything in a probation violation case are about 0.
Judges don''t like other judges getting defied anymore than they like it themselves.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Paris Hilton will never be streetsmart. She lives in a bubble, she''s surrounded by bodyguards, has never had to work a day in her life, no money worries, no reality check, she does what she wants, when she wants and gets/has what she wants. Does she have ambitions do you think? When money or opportunity is not a barrier what''s next? Its the old story, sex, drugs, rock n roll and breaking the law.

I blame her parents and ''her people''. I truly believe she doesn''t know she is in the wrong because she has been overprotected and given carte blanche and lives in an excessivly privileged world. Her existence bares no relation to the real world.

She deserves to be punished for her actions, but will it happen? Will the ''bubble'' protect her? Either way, she''ll cash in on the experience and the main issue will be forgotten...........driving under the influence, driving without a license, she broke the law! Break the law, pay the consequences.

Its sad because you ask any teenager what they want to be when they grow up and they''ll say famous!! Its the paris effect in my opinion. You don''t have to work hard to achieve or be talented to be famous and be successful nowadays allegedly. very sad indeed.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that she goes to prison, but I have a feeling that she will get off with the appeal. Its ridiculous if she gets off

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
What really bothers me is the quote from her mother saying that the sentence is ridiculous. Like even though her little girl broke the law several times she shouldn''t have to suffer the consequences. I think it''s obvious the mother is a huge enabler.

Let''s see - first there was the DUI for which she got probation and ordered to attend alcohol education. Already ridiculously light in my opinion. Then she''s caught driving with a suspended license, and the cop actually makes her sign a document saying she knows that she''s not supposed to drive! There were no other consequences for that first infraction! Then another stop for speeding at night without headlights after signing the document. And she never attended the alcohol education class. And after all this she says, "I didn''t know I wasn''t supposed to drive". And her mother says the sentence is ridiculous!?!?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering...does Paris even have above a fifth grade level of education? Can she even read? Maybe she just thought she was signing another autograph for the cop? Hee hee.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I wish the court could request the pleasure of her parents company in jail also. They taught her that the whole world should view her as a princess with special privileges and look where that got her. Obviously, she has a problem and the best thing that could happen to her would be to spend time in jail.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope she rots in jail! I am so sick of seeing all these faux celebrities get special previlages. I mean, what ever happened to seeing talented actors/actress/singers on the news and tabloids. I can''t wait until she becomes a has-been.
14.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
slightly off topic..........what age are you in fifth grade?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
11 YO right?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
11 sounds right.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I''m from Scotland and don''t understand the school system in the US and young people tend to be addressed by their school grade and not age and I''m always like eh??

thanks for clearing that up

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was 10 in fifth grade. Most kids in my area started kindergarten at age 5...but that was 20 years ago
6.gif
so things could have changed!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the spoiled little girl serves time in jail. Did you read that her mother was laughing at the judge?????? Now that made me sick!!!!
29.gif
14.gif

Some role model for her child.

Linda

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 5:11:44 PM
Author: Linda W
I hope the spoiled little girl serves time in jail. Did you read that her mother was laughing at the judge?????? Now that made me sick!!!!
29.gif
14.gif

Some role model for her child.

Linda

Yep, you can definitely see where she gets it from!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure it''ll be like Martha Stewart''s ''country club'' prison. But FINALLY a celeb gets to see the repercussions that anyone ELSE would.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a women''s facility they''re trying to send her to...Lynwood, I think? I don''t know how swank it is. But the judge specifically stated that she can''t pay to go to another smaller jail, which celebrities in the past have been able to do. I hope she has to go!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other thing that is really aggravating is that she has the money to hire a driver. A suspended license is not even that much punishment for her because she can pay for someone to drive her any hour of the day. Most people don''t have that privilege. It amazes me that she continually defied the law and is now surprised that she''s have consequences.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 11:12:06 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The other thing that is really aggravating is that she has the money to hire a driver. A suspended license is not even that much punishment for her because she can pay for someone to drive her any hour of the day. Most people don''t have that privilege. It amazes me that she continually defied the law and is now surprised that she''s have consequences.
That''s what my daughter said. Like if you have that kind of money, hire a driver!! They just showed the type of prison cell she will be incarcerated in. Open toilet, 2 bunk beds, and no room service, LOL!!! Ok that''s what the reporter said. I also think she''ll cash in on this big time. Probably a book, or some lame movie, etc...
20.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

Or maybe they will make it part of her reality show???

I hope she does have to serve jail time and doesn''t get off. What does she have to do, seriously injure someone first???

Linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 11:31:42 PM
Lisa,

I hope she does have to serve jail time and doesn''t get off. What does she have to do, seriously injure someone first???

Linda
Yeah throw Nicole Richie in there, and ya got a real hit. Oh good lord, have no words!!!
29.gif
Didn''t Nicole get a DUI, or DWI too. What is the difference between a DUI and a DWI, I thought they are the same thing??

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa,

I know one is Driving Under the Influence and one is Driving Without a Licence.

Linda

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/5/2007 11:44:16 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 5/5/2007 11:31:42 PM
Lisa,

I hope she does have to serve jail time and doesn't get off. What does she have to do, seriously injure someone first???

Linda
Yeah throw Nicole Richie in there, and ya got a real hit. Oh good lord, have no words!!!
29.gif
Didn't Nicole get a DUI, or DWI too. What is the difference between a DUI and a DWI, I thought they are the same thing??
Kaleigh, Nicole Richie was actually caught driving on the wrong side of a freeway!!! These two girls are completely ridiculous and it really burns me up. I too wonder what it will take to get these two to straighten up, one day they will drink and drive and end up killing a pedestrian or other driver. Even then, I'm sure they will find someway to blame it on the others involved
20.gif
. Oh the difference between DUI and DWI are blood alcohol levels. DUI (Driving Under the Influence) has a lower blood alcohol/drug level than a DWI(Driving While Intoxicated) and is a less severe infraction.

Oh and I didn't know that her mother actually LAUGHED at the judge, that's just ridiculous!! It really makes me think these people truly think they are better than "commoners", what is this, the middle ages????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results