shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Tourmaline

Raymond Polichano

Rough_Rock
I currently aqquired a 3.73 paraiba tourmaline from the mozambiqe find the stone is eye clean and has an excellent cut and also displays the sought after windex blue color can anyone tell me what the stones estimated value is

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
i think u are opening up a can of worms-the stones from anywhere other than paraiba brazil are usually known as paraiba-like tourmaline-im seeing stones on the web from paraiba brazil-guaranteed origin-in the 2-2.5ct range going for $35,000 per stone or more-while the prices for the paraiba-like material are @ 1/3 of that price & that is based on cut, clarity, saturation of the gem, color has to do also-when iv appraised real paraiba tourl-the appr. asked about origin & without it the appraisal was usually cut by more than half-maby at one time before the continents split & africa went one way & south america went the other so to speak the material would b called paraiba brazil but there is a difference-usually the brazillian has a different richer color/saturation in most cases & the stones seem to glow on their own maby because of a slight addition of gold in some of the brazillian material-most of the appraisers iv talked with seem to think along these lines-this is just a little info iv picked up in my travels & hoped it helped a little-again my 2 cnts-if u can, post a pic of ur new treasure-steve...

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are too many variables to make any reasonable avaliations online - even the exact shade of "windex blue" can have a significant impact (specially as a lot of "windex" blue isn't really "windex"). It would be irresponsible to give such an estimate.

I suggest you take the stone to a good appraiser.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get it now! You bought Widget's ring off of Gene's site! I don't know what the ring is worth, but I imagine it's at least worth the price you purchased it for.

PaulaGem

Rough_Rock
Trade
I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to add this comment, appraisal and verification of a Paraiba tourmaline is much more specialized due to the rarity of the stone. I have a stone that has been in my possession for fifteen years so I know it is from Brazil. When looking to sell it at the Denver wholesale show only one Dealer would even make an offer because there is so much look alike material on the market. A company that specializes in such stones advised me by email "GIA can test for copper but no origin. AGL in NY can test for copper and give origin." So it would have be be tested and pricing researched.

Even if this was done, as stated by someone else on the thread, the "glow" is important and I don't know how easily this could be quantified by an appraiser that is not experienced with the material.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results