shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Tourmaline Fetish - Went a bit overboard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any excuse for an eye candy thread!!!! It''s a dull grey day with the kids running around like maniacs so thought it would be a good opportunity to get the camera out .............

I went through a "chase the ultimate neon-glowing Tourmaline" phase and thought you might like to see the result! All classified as Paraiba Tourmaline (some Brazilian, some from Mozambique).

Tons of pictures to load so bear with me!

First up ........... this is the one that started it all. Highly highly highly included but the colour grabbed me. I''d never seen a stone glow before (this was several years ago I hasten to add).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.1ct with a window. I''d love to have this re-cut because the colour is gorgeous - just a shame about the poor cut.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the hand

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a few in a box. I''ve found that they don''t really show their best colour to the camera when photographed on mass

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some on the hand - again, not really showing their true glowiness or colour but at least you get an idea of the different tones.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The twins

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4.9ct - this glows for England! It's a stunner. Dreadful setting and would improve from a re-cut at some point.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the blue and green seen in this stone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this ring very much.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a great collection! Which is your favorite?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This doesn''t look good in photos - the colour washes out - but in real life it''s stunning and the scissor cut is amazing.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18ct - lovely colour but it sooooooooooooooooooooooooo needs to be recut!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

You have a awsome collection, LD!! WOW! Can I come and play??? If not, can I just come over to clean them for you???? (they don't need it, but I just want to hold them!)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Round brilliant cut - I found it hard to find one in this cut.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for my favourites ........... 3.45ct

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only 1.87ct but mmmmmmmmmmm yummy!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm... I''m sensing that you like paraiba tourmaline?
28.gif

Fantastic collection!!!
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one. This is the best colour of them all and I can''t capture it''s beauty at all so you''ll have to use your imagination I''m afraid!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Innerkitten - I think the square pendant (below your post), the 1.87ct ring and the last photo I posted are my favourites. They''re the real "glowers".

Mochi - Of course you can come and play if I can come and play in your pool?
1.gif
I always adore seeing it in the background of your pictures.

Tuckins1 - Suprisingly no! Paraiba Tourmalines aren''t my favourite. As the title says, it became a fetish for a while and I just didn''t stop!!! I haven''t bought one for several years now though.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Good Golly Miss Molly, what an amazing collection. Is this the first time you''ve un-veiled it on PS? Takes a lot to leave me GS, but those just blow me away - and I''ve never really been moved by Paraibas before. Next time I come home, I have to visit!!

I want to tell you about The Gem Doctor. He seems to be a master of re-cuts. I haven''t ever used his services, but he is highly regarded on GO. He''s an Englishman living in British Columbia. If you do decide to seek out a re-cut, he is one gentleman I would consider. I''m fairly sure you can watch him in action on Youtube.

I would love to see an individual shot of your 3 stone asscher/emerald square cut pendant. I have been searching for some inspiration for what to do with my 11mm citrine asscher and something like your 3 stone might just fit the bill.

Lovely lovely pieces. Best keep it hidden from those Mysterons though!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:28:45 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Innerkitten - I think the square pendant (below your post), the 1.87ct ring and the last photo I posted are my favourites. They''re the real ''glowers''.

Mochi - Of course you can come and play if I can come and play in your pool?
1.gif
I always adore seeing it in the background of your pictures.

Tuckins1 - Suprisingly no! Paraiba Tourmalines aren''t my favourite. As the title says, it became a fetish for a while and I just didn''t stop!!! I haven''t bought one for several years now though.
Well, if they aren''t your favourites, you''d better start a thread (with pictures, of course!) of the ones that are!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 12:43:09 PM
Author: Gailey
Good Golly Miss Molly, what an amazing collection. Is this the first time you've un-veiled it on PS? Takes a lot to leave me GS, but those just blow me away - and I've never really been moved by Paraibas before. Next time I come home, I have to visit!!

I want to tell you about The Gem Doctor. He seems to be a master of re-cuts. I haven't ever used his services, but he is highly regarded on GO. He's an Englishman living in British Columbia. If you do decide to seek out a re-cut, he is one gentleman I would consider. I'm fairly sure you can watch him in action on Youtube.

I would love to see an individual shot of your 3 stone asscher/emerald square cut pendant. I have been searching for some inspiration for what to do with my 11mm citrine asscher and something like your 3 stone might just fit the bill.

Thanks very much for the info on The Gem Doctor. I've got cousins in Vancouver - any excuse for a trip!

Do you mean this pendant? The stones in this aren't good but I like the pendant and surprisingly it lies well without twisting too much.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:58:46 PM

Date: 3/7/2009 12:43:09 PM
Author: Gailey
Good Golly Miss Molly, what an amazing collection. Is this the first time you''ve un-veiled it on PS? Takes a lot to leave me GS, but those just blow me away - and I''ve never really been moved by Paraibas before. Next time I come home, I have to visit!!

I want to tell you about The Gem Doctor. He seems to be a master of re-cuts. I haven''t ever used his services, but he is highly regarded on GO. He''s an Englishman living in British Columbia. If you do decide to seek out a re-cut, he is one gentleman I would consider. I''m fairly sure you can watch him in action on Youtube.

Thanks very much for the info on The Gem Doctor. I''ve got cousins in Vancouver - any excuse for a trip!

Do you mean this pendant? The stones in this aren''t good but I like the pendant and surprisingly it lies well without twisting too much.
Yes, this is the one - thank you. Could I be really cheeky and ask for a neck shot? Perhaps you could give me some idea of the size of the stones as well.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:17:22 PM
18ct - lovely colour but it sooooooooooooooooooooooooo needs to be recut!

Awesome! A recut could make it amazing! Are you planning on recutting?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:05:07 PM
4.1ct with a window. I''d love to have this re-cut because the colour is gorgeous - just a shame about the poor cut.

Gorgeous color!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:36:30 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/7/2009 12:05:07 PM

Gorgeous color!
Coatimundi (sorry for the treadjack LovingDiamonds) did you say that the shank on your James Meyer is aound 1.4mm? I think I''m getting one se with a sapphire I just bought. I love your setting. I just don''t want the shank to seem "flimsy".

Loving Diamonds, the colors in your tourmalines are SO pretty!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gailey - sorry, don''t have a neck shot and don''t have much success with them either because I have to take a photo in a mirror (hubby is dire with the camera!). However, each stone is 6mm and weighs about 1.1ct each. The diamonds are 1.3mm. The drop (and I''m guessing because it''s in the safe) is about 2.5".

Coati - I probably won''t have the 18ct stone cut because in all honesty it''s now in a pendant (topped with an oval white diamond) and I find it too ostentatious. It''s just not "me". So I rarely wear it. I possibly will re-cut it but there are other projects that are more pressing! I definitely will want to have the 4.1 recut because that''s a much more wearable size and I can have that made into a stunning ring. Even if it goes to 3.5ct (or even 3ct) I think it would be worth it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s one of the most spectacular collections I''ve every seen - absolutely stunning
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
36.gif
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:45:54 PM

Coati - I probably won''t have the 18ct stone cut because in all honesty it''s now in a pendant (topped with an oval white diamond) and I find it too ostentatious. It''s just not ''me''. So I rarely wear it. I possibly will re-cut it but there are other projects that are more pressing! I definitely will want to have the 4.1 recut because that''s a much more wearable size and I can have that made into a stunning ring. Even if it goes to 3.5ct (or even 3ct) I think it would be worth it.

Where''s a pic of the pendant?? I missed it? I totally understand more pressing projects!

I think the 4.1 will be amazing recut--the color is just gorgeous!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 1:48:57 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/7/2009 1:45:54 PM

Coati - I probably won''t have the 18ct stone cut because in all honesty it''s now in a pendant (topped with an oval white diamond) and I find it too ostentatious. It''s just not ''me''. So I rarely wear it. I possibly will re-cut it but there are other projects that are more pressing! I definitely will want to have the 4.1 recut because that''s a much more wearable size and I can have that made into a stunning ring. Even if it goes to 3.5ct (or even 3ct) I think it would be worth it.

Where''s a pic of the pendant?? I missed it? I totally understand more pressing projects!

I think the 4.1 will be amazing recut--the color is just gorgeous!
I haven''t taken pictures of everything. Some pieces are not worth taking a photo of! Anyway, here''s the pendant but I don''t like it so haven''t bothered taking a photo that makes it look as good as it does in real life! In this pic it looks dull and lifeless and the colour is wrong but at least you can see how it is now. Even the white diamond looks blue/green in this photo! Think that''s a reflection however. It''s a monster pendant - waaaayyyyyy too big!

Ambergretchen - You''re more than welcome. I''m glad you liked looking at them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results