shape
carat
color
clarity

Paraiba Tourmaline Fetish - Went a bit overboard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that pic LD! It''s huge! I love the color of that stone. I know you have pressing projects, but I''d recut that stone and WEAR it!
9.gif
Maybe someday, right?
31.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 1:56:58 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 3/7/2009 1:48:57 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/7/2009 1:45:54 PM

Coati - I probably won''t have the 18ct stone cut because in all honesty it''s now in a pendant (topped with an oval white diamond) and I find it too ostentatious. It''s just not ''me''. So I rarely wear it. I possibly will re-cut it but there are other projects that are more pressing! I definitely will want to have the 4.1 recut because that''s a much more wearable size and I can have that made into a stunning ring. Even if it goes to 3.5ct (or even 3ct) I think it would be worth it.

Where''s a pic of the pendant?? I missed it? I totally understand more pressing projects!

I think the 4.1 will be amazing recut--the color is just gorgeous!
I haven''t taken pictures of everything. Some pieces are not worth taking a photo of! Anyway, here''s the pendant but I don''t like it so haven''t bothered taking a photo that makes it look as good as it does in real life! In this pic it looks dull and lifeless and the colour is wrong but at least you can see how it is now. Even the white diamond looks blue/green in this photo! Think that''s a reflection however. It''s a monster pendant - waaaayyyyyy too big!

Ambergretchen - You''re more than welcome. I''m glad you liked looking at them.
Gosh, what a huge burden for you to carry. I''m more than willing to take it off your hands! Except, it''s probably worth a kings ransom!!

It would be great to hear your tales of how, what, why, where you came by some of these beauties.

TL''s going to need a lie down after she''s seen this thread.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! What a collection!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Why do you want to go to a pool? You can swim in your prabs...
21.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww thanks Coati. The dimensions are 18.15 x 14.84 x 9.69mm so it's not only long and wide but it's deep as well! I just don't think I can carry it off as it is. I promise if I get it recut I'll post more photos but it really is a long way down the project list!

Gailey - I've bought these as finished pieces, loose stones, settings etc., from all over the world. I got more fussy about colour the longer I looked but I found that the best coloured ones (with the glow in the dark capabilities) were normally poorly cut. I never understand why the cutters don't just make the stones smaller because I'm sure they'd be worth more without windows AND would look 10 times better!

Yingh - You've got a point!
9.gif
The single square pendant is the colour of Mochi's pool!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:11:23 PM
Awwww thanks Coati. The dimensions are 18.15 x 14.84 x 9.69mm so it''s not only long and wide but it''s deep as well! I just don''t think I can carry it off as it is. I promise if I get it recut I''ll post more photos but it really is a long way down the project list!

haha ok! When you DO recut it, I''m wearing it on the world tour!
3.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 2:12:42 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 3/7/2009 2:11:23 PM
Awwww thanks Coati. The dimensions are 18.15 x 14.84 x 9.69mm so it''s not only long and wide but it''s deep as well! I just don''t think I can carry it off as it is. I promise if I get it recut I''ll post more photos but it really is a long way down the project list!

haha ok! When you DO recut it, I''m wearing it on the world tour!
3.gif
Deal!
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a huge collections and I like the pear and that 4.1ct stunner best. I think a recut would make it even more amazing!

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Paraiba''s are new to me, and I love seeing them! Not sure how to form this question... How do you tell the difference between a 15,000.00 a carat stone, and a 100.00 a carat stone? What is the best of the best for color?

p.s. I don''t mind giving your pendant a home lol! I promise to take really good care of her
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 2:45:20 PM
Author: shaunrice
Wow! Paraiba''s are new to me, and I love seeing them! Not sure how to form this question... How do you tell the difference between a 15,000.00 a carat stone, and a 100.00 a carat stone? What is the best of the best for color?

p.s. I don''t mind giving your pendant a home lol! I promise to take really good care of her
36.gif
Nice try! lol

For me, the difference between an ok Paraiba and a drop dead OMG Paraiba is colour. My appraiser has a colour chart of the "best" colours and there is a green and a blue at the top with those colours fading in intensity as you go down the scale. It''s so difficult to tell from photographs but a good Paraiba literally glows in low light. Almost like it has a little torch inside it. So my own criteria for choosing a PT is (1) colour (2) clarity - as you know it''s a type II gemstone so inclusions are expected but, like all other gemstones, you want one to be as inclusion free as possible and (3) cut - a great cut PT has been the challenge but they are out there - you just pay top top top top $.

If I can find the colour chart anywhere online, I''ll post it up.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 2:38:42 PM
Author: Chrono
That is a huge collections and I like the pear and that 4.1ct stunner best. I think a recut would make it even more amazing!
Totally agree about the recut for the 4.1ct.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 2:45:20 PM
Author: shaunrice

36.gif
Just like any gemstone, they have the same criteria for pureness and vividness of colour. I believe blue is still the desired colour but paraibas come in pure blue, windex blue (greenish blue), green, bluish green, purple and I''ve also now see magenta and similar colours. There are many gemstones with the paraiba (apatite has a very similar vivid colour) but no other gemstones glows like a paraiba. It looks like it has its own internal battery pack.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD, your collection is absolutely breathtaking. They are all gorgeous, whether they need a recut or not, I
30.gif
30.gif
them.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Fantastic collection!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!! Can I come play in you Paraiba box??

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 6:10:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE them!!! Can I come play in you Paraiba box??

Freke: you have to take a number...
25.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, your collection is AMAZING. Thank you for posting these pics!

lavenderlill

Rough_Rock
I really enjoyed seeing such a range of stones in one color family photographed together. The carribean green to the icy blue. Really stunning. I''d love to see more like this.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection! I ***love*** the color of the stones!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am green AND blue with envy.
3.gif

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I couldnt stop looking. Your collection is so beautiful that I was in awe looking at each piece.

I agree that even the ones that you said needed a recut were spectacular and beautiful. The colours in your collection are just perfect. No doubt, enjoy having, wearing and playing!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:53:01 PM

Date: 3/7/2009 2:38:42 PM
Author: Chrono
Totally agree about the recut for the 4.1ct.
wow... the color overload! Great collection. I agree the 4.1 is my favorite and I bet it would pop even more with a recut.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 2:09:41 PM
Author: Gailey

Gosh, what a huge burden for you to carry. I''m more than willing to take it off your hands! Except, it''s probably worth a kings ransom!!

It would be great to hear your tales of how, what, why, where you came by some of these beauties.

TL''s going to need a lie down after she''s seen this thread.
I love this thread, it really brought a huge smile to my day.
9.gif
I''m drooling all over the place.
3.gif

LD,
You have one of the most amazing collections of colored gems, and not just paraibas, but tanzanites, colored diamonds, and alexandrites. I''m in awe!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
What a collection! Who will be you be sending your stones for recut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results