shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Angel7 - Saturday''s Game Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Weird how you knew I had curly hair. Hmm.
33.gif
Creepy.
9.gif

I can''t wait, wait, wait for you to try on that Ritani. I have a sneaky suspicion that you will LOVE it. Those Ritani rings fit so nicely!
36.gif

I''ve told you so much about me ... I feel like I''m blabbing. Anything interesting about you? If you don''t feel like sharing, that''s cool too. I know it''s weird having a conversation when you know other people you don''t know can be following along.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You know what ... You saw that thread where LV was looking for your pendant. I love it and I''ve been thinking about getting one similar or one like that Simon G. I wonder what it would look like in yellow gold. Apart from my ering and my inside out hoops, I have everything in yellow gold. I prefer it and I think that it suits me better. I''m leaning towards getting both ... mixing the yellow & white ... what do you think?

I have no idea why I''m obsessed with this stuff right now b/c I just can''t justify it in my budget but it just doesn''t stop me. I love, love, love the way yours looks. It''s gorgeous!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Y thank you! Why not contact Whiteflash(I worked with Katie) and see if they could do it two-tone. (yellow and white) or all in yellow to see what it looks like?
I love the inside out hoops! I would love to get those. Do you have a thread or pic of yours?
I remember a thread about inside out hoops..not sure if it was yours. I never understood what they were and then I saw the pic..makes so much sense now! Sometimes I''m slow!!!
9.gif

Thanks again for the compliments!!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 3:00:12 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Weird how you knew I had curly hair. Hmm.
33.gif
Creepy.
9.gif

I can''t wait, wait, wait for you to try on that Ritani. I have a sneaky suspicion that you will LOVE it. Those Ritani rings fit so nicely!
36.gif

I''ve told you so much about me ... I feel like I''m blabbing. Anything interesting about you? If you don''t feel like sharing, that''s cool too. I know it''s weird having a conversation when you know other people you don''t know can be following along.
Ohh I didn''t see this post before..sorry! I HATE when the messages don''t go through..so annoying!
29.gif

What do you want to know? Ask away! My life is pretty boring!
I live in a NW suburb of Chicago with bf in a house we had built this past September..lately I''ve been on a fitness and healthy eating kick to shed some unwanted lbs..I miss Diet Pepsi and Chocolate!
39.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I may contact Whiteflash but I''m still not sure yet ... Still daydreaming. When I''m serious I will definitely contact WF and Mary to see who has the best suggestions & pricing.

I found the link to my earrings ... Here it is! I love enabling people to buy things. I love them. They are tons of fun.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
SO annoying.
I don''t know what I want to know ...
33.gif

You guys had a house built .. That sounds great! I have a friend who is building a house right now and it is such a great process. What are you talking about you are indecisive ... picking a diamond & setting was probably nothing compared to all the stuff that went into getting your house together. I would love to have a house built some day.
Fitness kick ... boy are you good. I''ve been trying b/c I want to look and feel better but I just can''t muster up the mental fortitude to do it. I find that I really need a "partner" to get into the whole fitness thing or at least to start or else I just don''t do it. I''m sick of complaining about it now. Especially since I will be engaged soon & have to plan a wedding etc, I want to be in tip top shape. Uggh. Any suggestions?

Can you believe that I don''t like chocolate? I know ... nutso!
37.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE thos earrings! Hmm...must add them to the wish list!
27.gif

It was fun making the decisions when the house was being built but I double guessed every decision I made and that was stressful! I have no suggestions as to how to get in tip top shape since I need to get there..sorry! My bf does the workouts and eating right with me so it really helps to have a partner. It SUCKS exercising and not having the cookies I crave
18.gif
but I''m going to do my best to stick with it!
14.gif

You don''t like chocolate? I''m not sure if I can speak with you any longer.
31.gif
Hee hee!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Excellent! My job here is done
31.gif
... hmmm, maybe if you add them to your list before Vday, you will get them as a little *surprise*
27.gif

What type of house is it ... You can''t just give me that ... I''m sure you know everything about it!

You are so lucky. I wish that I was able to have a partner to work out with ... especially one you live with. It is just motivating or at least you feel as though you are accountable and that can be motivating. Good job to you! Keep up the good work and I''m sure you''ll stick to it no prob.

Well, what have you decided? Are you no longer able to speak with me due to my aversion to chocolate?
25.gif
Does it help to tell you that despite the fact that I don''t like it that much that I actually do crave it every now and then and therefore do eat a little here and there?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 1:29:37 PM
Excellent! My job here is done
31.gif
... hmmm, maybe if you add them to your list before Vday, you will get them as a little *surprise*
27.gif

What type of house is it ... You can''t just give me that ... I''m sure you know everything about it!

You are so lucky. I wish that I was able to have a partner to work out with ... especially one you live with. It is just motivating or at least you feel as though you are accountable and that can be motivating. Good job to you! Keep up the good work and I''m sure you''ll stick to it no prob.

Well, what have you decided? Are you no longer able to speak with me due to my aversion to chocolate?
25.gif
Does it help to tell you that despite the fact that I don''t like it that much that I actually do crave it every now and then and therefore do eat a little here and there?
Yeah, I don''t see me getting too much for V-day! I told him just to keep saving for the ring!
27.gif

It is a Single family home..3 bedrooms..3 baths..full basement...very open floor plan which I love...I''m very happy with the home. I think we made some good decisions..decorating it is the hard and expensive part!
22.gif

You are exactly right. It''s motivating to have someone else and it totally keeps you accountable.

Fine fine, you are still my friend EVEN with your flaw of not liking chocolate.
9.gif
I''m glad you steal a piece now and then!
36.gif

What about you..how''s life going to be in Seattle? New job? New house...spill...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I think it is great that you were able to build your own home. It sounds wonderful ... like the perfect family house. Do you guys entertain a lot? I know that my friend who is building her house as well does and she is dying for the open floor plan so that she can still participate in the fun and conversation etc when she is in the kitchen.

I know! Decorating is hugely expensive. You would think that once you have the house done, it''s all over ... nope. All the little decorating things just keep adding up and once you do one thing it''s like you have to keep on doing things.

Well ... not much to report. I think that life is going to be GREAT in Seattle. I will have to get a new job but I am excited about that. I''m nervous b/c it''s never any fun looking or trying to secure employment, especially since I have been with the same company for so many years, however, I''m looking forward to new opportunities.

I think that before we can really start to get into or enjoy any of the stuff you mentioned, we are going to have to straighten out the immigration stuff and figure out what avenue we are going to pursue.

We''ve thought about different areas to live in and have found a couple areas that we like in common but it should be "fun" trying to pick. I can''t wait to go house shopping. We won''t be building our own place for years to come so I envy you that. Maybe I should quit spending money on bling and start saving it for a house build fund .. Would that be reasonable?
33.gif
I say NO!
9.gif

Have you both ever considered moving at all? I understand that Chicago is a great place to live. My cousin lives there and works as a buyer for Follet Group. He loves it. He was thinking about coming to Seattle to work for Amazon but he unless they give him an incredible offer, I think he really likes it in Chicago and would like to stay there. I really liked it out there when I came a couple of years ago. I wasn''t there for long but I did get to up and down the Miracle Mile for a bit and to visit Navy Pier.

What''s great about Chicago to you?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I know! I heard you guys were snowed in on the news this morning. Does that mean you get to stay home and on the internet all day?
31.gif

I''ve lived in the burbs all my life pretty much so I''m used to it but I''ve always commuted into the city for school and work. I love downtown as well but I just can''t imagine really living there. I''m like you ... love the conveniences and NOT having to PAY for parking in the burbs. I hate that about downtown. grrr.

Where do you think you would want to live outside of Chicago? Me and bf like to think about it but we have so many ideas and haven''t really narrowed anything down.

A German company, huh? Interesting. What do ya do there w/marketing? We have a couple of options to consider ... I never really wanted to go in via "marriage" so we are looking at what else is available.. .with my graduate degree it''s possible I can go in for employment so I will see what I can work out in that regard.

You know what ... I think that I need a budget for both bling and the house so I need to get a new job.
3.gif
One that will support my lifestyle.
23.gif
I meant to ask you ... if you don''t mind, how much approx I could expect to pay for a pendant like yours. I have no idea and am just looking for a frame of reference. If you feel uncomfortable advising ... no worries.

SOOO ... Today being Friday means that tomorrow is another big day!! Woohoo! I can''t wait for tomorrow''s update. Getting excited? I bet you can''t even focus at work today. Hee hee. What''s the plan for tomorrow? Where are you going first and you''re going to a couple of places, right? OOOOOooooo ... I can''t wait to hear about the "next" phase, so to speak.

Also ... I wanted to mention ... I don''t think that the March concert date will be THE date. Hmmm ... this just leaves me curious as to when it will be ... He''s such a crafty bugger that I''m sure he will actually manage to make it a surprise although I''m so super sleuthy.
27.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yoo hoo! Where ya hiding? Have you started your Saturday shopping already?
27.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry! I got away from the computer this afternoon...
If I were to leave here..I''d probably do Arizona or Cali..some where over there...
What are you getting your grad degree in?
I work in the MarCom department..Intranet/Internet..other misc stuff. Lately I really hate my job, I feel like by degree was such as waste because some days I do the most menial tasks and I get very annoyed..
29.gif

Why will March not be the date?? Why..you got me all excited for March...I''m still hoping for March unless it''s sooner...ohh yea!!!!!
36.gif

Looking foward to the diamond shopping tomorrow. We''ll see how it goes! We''re only going to one place..sorry! I didn''t get to go to BB&B today, damn snow storm!
7.gif

I will keep you posted on the trip tomorrow! Got an email of some GIA stones from LA jeweler..horrible stones! Overpriced ahd horribly cut. We''ve decided he is definitely out of the running! Kinda glad..wasn''t crazy about him...
27.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
No need to apologize! If you ever do get tired of our little convo though ... just let me know.
28.gif

I''m happy that you got to enjoy your snow day and weren''t stuck in the house! Getting away from the computer is good too b/c goodness knows that with our jobs and our PS obsessions we spend way too much time on the computer!

Arizona or Cali sound like great options ... I was in Phoenix a couple of years ago and I really liked it ... It''s too bad I didn''t get to spend more time ... didn''t get to see a lot. I couldn''t believe how spread out and big it is. I''ve always loved visiting Cali but am scared to actually move there ... BF and I loved San Francisco when we were there but the housing prices are way out of control. Last year we went to San Diego and thought it was so great but it''s crazy expensive there too! I think that if we were to ever seriously consider moving to Cali, it would be San Diego. You just cannot beat the weather there!

I got my Master''s in Organizational Mgmt a year or so ago so believe me I can completely, in every sense, relate to your job frustrations right now. Since my intention was to stay with the same company I have worked for for 10 yrs, I figured advancement would be the way to go ... it is just so backwards there that advancement opps are limited b/c they keep making positions redundant but, no word of a lie, in my one position, I am literally doing 4 different jobs. It is annoying and so incredibly frustrating ... If opportunities do arise, it is like they are reserved for those with "experience" and education doesn''t matter ... Well, how about this? Allow me to earn an opportunity to gain experience whilst leveraging the knowledge I have gained obtaining my graduate degree??? Sounds good to me! Oh my goodness, sorry to rant but you hit a nerve. I get so, so irritated. After doing some of the stuff I have to do at work, I feel like asking, would you like me to take the garbage out as well??? grr.

Well, despite my rant ... don''t despair. Your education was not a waste. I can imagine that there are tons of opportunities in your area ... Have you considered looking for a job elsewhere before you become too comfortable or invested at this one? I know that my cousin in Chicago really likes his job and is doing really well for himself and I believe his degree was in marketing as well ... I would be happy to inquire with him about opportunities there if you would like?

About March ... well, I kind of let what I was thinking slip when I was teasing him and he really didn''t seem moved by it ... He was like " why would you think that" ... He said that he would never want our proposal to be associated with some lame artist that no one will remember in a couple of years ... It was pretty funny b/c if you remember, I told you that, right??? Well, I guess only time will tell but I''m still trying to crack his code and see if I can beat him at his own game. If I have any other suspicions, I will be sure to share with you.
3.gif

Can you believe it, but I forgot that you were supposed to be going to BB&B today. Oh well, I guess you can go any time for that, right? The important thing is trying to find the right diamond for you and then you can choose your setting from there. I hope you have a GREAT time shopping tomorrow and that it is a really good experience again. Pls don''t forget to update me on the custom job ... I''m curious about what kind of pricing they have come up with for you.

Glad to here that you are not going forward with the LA jeweler! What a waste though ... why would he even bother given that he knew what type of stones you were interested in? I''m sure you''ll be much happier with a reputable jeweler in your area or one you trust online.

Good luck! Have fun!
35.gif
Looking forward to my update.
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back..
27.gif

Ok, so today went well. BF liked our SA and the store and LOVED the Eighternity. I have created a monster! Surprising the 1.29 Eight stone was not that much more $ than the regualr RB. HOWEVER........the Eighternity was an I...I tried my hardest and I could not see a color difference in the I and the G regular RB. I tried my hardest and finally saw it under the microscope on the sides when turned upside down..but I''m not sure if it bothers me too much or if it does bother me slightly (there is definitley a difference between and I Eighternity and I regular RB..that I saw). The eighternity was beautiful however the I concerns me (only because it''s an I on paper, IRL its nice and white) and I ran it through the cut advisor and it didn''t do so hot..2.5..very good.(Attached) Table seem to be a little small.
Depth - 61.4%
Table - 51.9%
Crown - 34.9 (degrees)
Pavilon - 41.0 (degrees)
Girdle - Thin to Sl Thick

Setting - I just love the plain thin MicroPave band. (She called it Micro Pave and I think it looked a little like it was prong set but TINY prongs) who knows..regardless I loved the look of the skinny band with the stone on top. I keep going back to it and that''s what I like. PLUS, the setting is obviously less expensive and I can always go back and find the pave of my dreams. To custom make the Michael B with Leon basket was giong to be like $3K...I''m happy with the thin band. It looks very similar to
this A. Jaffe ring..obviously without the massive rock!
31.gif
and no Euro Shank...I really did love the look of it!

So I am officially OUT OF THE LOOP! I have nothing else to say....bf knows the stats I''m looking for (etc) and we''ll see what the heck he pics. I KNOW he thinks I''m being finicky with all these stats and sometimes I get frustrated myself that "numbers" are so important but I would like a nicely cut ring!
27.gif

So, I think I am all out of updates for you!
39.gif
No more to report..I am done. What will we do with our time? Ok, you must keep me entertained now!
31.gif

Ok, I''m going to go read your other post and respond to that now! Can''t wait to hear your thoughts!
35.gif

129eighternitystats.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 1:23:26 AM

Arizona or Cali sound like great options ... I was in Phoenix a couple of years ago and I really liked it ... It''s too bad I didn''t get to spend more time ... didn''t get to see a lot. I couldn''t believe how spread out and big it is. I''ve always loved visiting Cali but am scared to actually move there ... BF and I loved San Francisco when we were there but the housing prices are way out of control. Last year we went to San Diego and thought it was so great but it''s crazy expensive there too! I think that if we were to ever seriously consider moving to Cali, it would be San Diego. You just cannot beat the weather there!
I LOVE SAN DIEGO! You are right though, it is SO expensive. You cannot beat the weather and scenery though..just love it!

I got my Master''s in Organizational Mgmt a year or so ago so believe me I can completely, in every sense, relate to your job frustrations right now. Since my intention was to stay with the same company I have worked for for 10 yrs, I figured advancement would be the way to go ... it is just so backwards there that advancement opps are limited b/c they keep making positions redundant but, no word of a lie, in my one position, I am literally doing 4 different jobs. It is annoying and so incredibly frustrating ... If opportunities do arise, it is like they are reserved for those with ''experience'' and education doesn''t matter ... Well, how about this? Allow me to earn an opportunity to gain experience whilst leveraging the knowledge I have gained obtaining my graduate degree??? Sounds good to me! Oh my goodness, sorry to rant but you hit a nerve. I get so, so irritated. After doing some of the stuff I have to do at work, I feel like asking, would you like me to take the garbage out as well??? grr.
I can totally relate. It is so unbelieveable how they package a position when you are interviewing and once you get in the job, it is nothing like you though. Happens to me all the time! Especially in Marketing..I think the description can be so vague so it''s like everything gets thrown on my plate. Exactly, give me the opportunity to get experience...god why can''t we just win the lottery or something?!?!
31.gif

Well, despite my rant ... don''t despair. Your education was not a waste. I can imagine that there are tons of opportunities in your area ... Have you considered looking for a job elsewhere before you become too comfortable or invested at this one? I know that my cousin in Chicago really likes his job and is doing really well for himself and I believe his degree was in marketing as well ... I would be happy to inquire with him about opportunities there if you would like?
The one thing that is nice about my job is that it''s 5 minutes from home. So spoiled I know! Plus its a huge corporation so there are so many opportunites. (I''ve only been there for a year so haven''t really looked yet) I think I just get tired or bored easily and need a change. It''s a horrible personality trait and I''m sick of it myself! If I am ready to just leave it, I will let you know thank you! Do you know what company he works for?
About March ... well, I kind of let what I was thinking slip when I was teasing him and he really didn''t seem moved by it ... He was like '' why would you think that'' ... He said that he would never want our proposal to be associated with some lame artist that no one will remember in a couple of years ... It was pretty funny b/c if you remember, I told you that, right??? Well, I guess only time will tell but I''m still trying to crack his code and see if I can beat him at his own game. If I have any other suspicions, I will be sure to share with you.
3.gif

Oh man. I guess he has a point, ok well if you get any other feelings..let me know!
27.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Yay, you''re back!!
36.gif
Glad you had another good experience!

Oh gosh ... I love that setting, as I do all of your setting choices. It''s beautiful and I am glad that YOU are happy with it! I thnk that your suggestion about waiting for your ultimate - the Michael B setting, is great. Get a gorgeous setting now and if you still want your Michael B in a couple of years, you can both work towards that, right? Why not? It''s not as though you would be losing out with a setting as beauteous as the one you posted the link to.
9.gif

Now ... to your diamond ...

If you don''t see a difference in the color ... I say, don''t worry about it. The only reason I pay attention to it is because it is something I always tend to notice. If you are not color sensitive or at least not with this cut/stone ... disregard the paper b/c you won''t be wearing it on your finger, you know what I mean? Besides, going lower with color means getting more carats ...
31.gif

Hmmm, interesting about the Eighternity vs the regular RB. I wish I could be so lucky to see one in real life as well. It sounds gorgeous and as though you love it so, this being said, you don''t need to worry about it anymore. I find myself to be obsessive about "the numbers" and in constant pursuit of the Ex, when it may not always be necessary. The table is on the smaller side but possibly this may mean that it is more of a "fiery ideal cut" ... Did you notice if the stone had lots of fire?

The depth is great and the angles appear to be okay so, unfortunately, I''m not sure why it wouldn''t do so hot. Maybe you can post your specs and ask this question in the Rocky Talk forum where some of the actual experts might be able to advise. I certainly don''t think that the cut is not good so I''m not sure what could account for the overall VG score. I''m sure it probably has something to do with the relationship between the angles, however, as you said, if the diamond was an incredible performer, you can disregard the HCA results.

You are out of the loop, huh?
39.gif
Well ... This means big things!
3.gif
You keep teasing me about Valentine''s Day but I wouldn''t be one bit surprised if it was you before me. We should put a wager on it.
25.gif
I know it can be difficult being out of the loop, trust me, but given that your bf is armed with your specs and knows what you like and, on top of all this, seems to have decent taste, I''d say you''re going to get something beautiful and exactly what you are looking for.

Now b/c you are out of the loop. I am out of the loop and this is no good.
38.gif
What am I supposed to do now ...I clearly exist for your updates ...
9.gif
I cannot wait to see what he comes up with!

You did such a great job ... You should be proud of yourself. I really hope that I was able to assist with any info I was able to share about my experience or about diamonds. Do you feel more confident now than you did before about what you like/don''t like in a diamond and what your preferences are?

Does this mean we don''t get to chat anymore until you or I get our rings?
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun, diamond shopping!!! I kept seeing this thread and finally had to peek
2.gif
I seriously, thought it was going to be about football.
6.gif
hehe
Sounds like you lady's have an awesome game plan going on, yay!
36.gif
Angel, I love your new pendant and Sparks, love your diamond hoops!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You are too funny! My posts are so hugely long, it is probably easier to answer them that way.

I always feel bad for new hires at my place b/c the interview process and the reputation of the company always makes newbies eager to join. They know nothing of what lies in store. By the time they come on board it is too late. Job descriptions and specific tasks are definitely a thing of the past at my company. It''s more of a question of who has the time to do something that absolutely has to be done .. you? Okay, perfect. This is not a good business plan as far as I am concerned and I am just waiting for our dept to become "redundant" Woohoo! Package me out, baby. While I am looking for other jobs, it sure would be nice to be able to line my pockets with some pay out cash.

I would love to work 5 mins from home. That would be fantastic and you are spoiled. I''ve always had to commute so I can just imagine the luxury of being able to walk to work.

1 yr is a good period of time. You''ve got some legs under you at the company and now you can start feeling out more desirable positions. Good luck ... I know that this can be frustrating sometimes as well given the varying climate for advancement opportunities in different orgs. I really don''t think that you becoming bored easily is a character flaw. I think it just relates to the fact that you are eager and this is good.

My cousin worked for OfficeMax when he first got to Chicago and now he has moved on to Follett Corp, I think the name is, for a promotion. From what he has described it sounds like a great place to work but I think that he lives in the suburbs as well and has to commute into work. Boo.

I know what you mean about him being right ... I shoudda known.
40.gif
I guess my sleuthing skills need some work. Do you have any doubt that I will share with you the second I get a hint of anything ... Of course!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh Skippy! You are TOO fun! Thanks for stopping in ...
35.gif
I would have been curious as well.

Thanks for always being so sweet. I can''t tell you how thrilled I am that you stopped in to say hi and to pay both of us a compliment ... This is me
9.gif

I was just checking out some of your pics on the travel pic thread last night and they are gorgeous, as are you.

Feel free to drop in anytime!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparks you are the sweet one, always happy to help others!!!! Ah, I feel the same about you seeing your pic in LIW, gorgeous! Thank you, and thanks for liking my pics; that thread is my favorite it is so fun to see where everone has been. I think it is awesome we have sharks, lions, bears and coos in there too. hehe

Can't wait to see what Angel7 gets, and sorry for the thread jack! Have a great weekend you two cuties!!
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Thanks for dropping in to say hi and thanks for the compliments on the pendant! I love it! Can''t wait to see what I get too!
27.gif

Sacha - I don''t want to miss any questions..so I''m lazy and answer in your post! :) Of course we will keep talking even though I have no ring updates you silly girl!
3.gif

You are right, if it looked good why should I care about the paperwork..but I can''t help it. Gosh PS can sometimes be a curse! It''s like you are loaded with too much info..you know? Yes, I did feel this stone had a lot of fire. Inside and outside. I swear under those flouro lights all the stones look good..getting outside is a great idea..of course it was cloudy today but still beautiful!
30.gif
Also, I screwed up and put VS1 when it was really an SI1..wishful hoping maybe?
I''m happy with the setting..simple..elegant..takes no attention of the stone and really makes it "pop"
Yea, maybe I''ll start a post in Rocky Talk..hear what the experts have to say. Sometimes it''s hard though, you think the stone is nice but then it gets shot down on the board and you just go and second guess yourself...
No sorry, we are not looking at V-day! BF will not have his tax funds by that time! I still think you may be Vday!!!
36.gif
Any anniversaries, bdays anything else that may be coming up?
I love how you exist for my updates..you are so funny! Not true but still funny!
9.gif

Thanks again for the help through all this process! You helped so much with the specs for a great stone, setting me up with Mary when I wanted the Simon G(again so sad how many times I''ve changed my mind) and just your overall encouragement is great and I appreciate it time and time again!
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You make me laugh ... b/c it''s true. I''m the same. I don''t want to miss any of your questions so I usually put the quote in at the top of my post and then work my way through it and if I remember, I delete quote. Yours are usually so much more succinct than mine so it is likely easier for me than it is for you.

I absolutely agree that PS is both a blessing and a curse! It is a blessing b/c it is an incredible resource that enables the average person to arm themself with the info they need to fight off all the bad jewelers and crooks out there but it is a curse because it is so easy to become obsessed with the minutia and forget the bigger picture, right? I remember when I first posted the specs on my diamond, although it scores well on the HCA, the crown angle is not "ideal" b/c it is under 34.5 and I was told about this etc etc ... I was freaked out about this. I almost considered not going through with the purchase and really had to stop myself b/c the diamond is an AGS0 ... seriously... what was my problem? Additionally, I had seen it in person and it was lovely so I have no idea what my deal was but I''m glad I got over it. I will still insist on striving to be within the tight parameters of ideal, however, if one spec or so is off .. no biggie.

You know what,I didn''t even notice the clarity before b/c I was upset that you were concerned with the I color when there is no need to be. If it is SI1 and you saw no inclusions that bothered you ... This is perfect! I so wished that I could have gotten an SI1 or SI2 and gone up a little in carat weight. Boo. Did you view it under the microscope or scrutinizing it with laser diamond eyes? Did you see anything?

Don''t get discouraged in Rocky Talk ... Everyone has an opinion so some may love this stone and other may have alternate suggestions ... Take it all in stride, assess it and see what, in the end, it really means to you. Does it change what you saw or how you feel about what you saw with your own two eyes ... sometimes it might and other times it will not. If someone makes a good point about something you never thought about before, it may make you view it differently - either positively or negatively so my thought is that any feedback on this prospective purchase is good feedback, right? You do with it what you would like. If you do start to second guess yourself ... go visit this diamond again and see if you still love it or if you start to see things that you aren''t so in love with ... Just another excuse to lurk in the jewelry store.
27.gif
11.gif
31.gif

Not looking at VDay ... Yah right ... that''s what you think.
3.gif
As you said to me, we''ll see.
25.gif

We have nothing "special" coming up. No bdays, no anniversaries etc. My bday is in the summer and our anniversary is in October and he just celebrated his bday in January. Fresh out of special events for the time being. Argh!

Well ... "existing" for your updates might be a bit of an overstatement but I certainly look forward to them ... So much so that I had to actually stop pulling up PS at my desk at work b/c I was becoming entirely more obsessive. I felt embarrassed about how much work time I was spending on PS so I had to pull my act together and only limit myself to breaks and brief stints during down times. Intervention, anyone?

Thanks so much Paula for your kind words. They mean a lot b/c I am truly, truly happy to have been able to assist you in anyway. I find it so rewarding and am glad that my attempts to help have been well received and appreciated by you.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
You have a perfect stone! AGS0! It really is hard to not second guess yourself but at the end of the day, if it looks good and makes you happy..I guess it shouldn''t care but I always have those little stats in the back of my mind! Why are we so anal?!?
31.gif

Yes I got to view it under the microscope and to be honest, there were tiny inclusions and not too many. I was fine with them...as long as I can''t see them..I''m good!
3.gif
Againl this could all be a wasted conversation because the bf may not get the Eighternity...
I posted on Rocky Talk..no comments yet..we''ll see what they say!
3.gif
Do you ever get worried about your posts? Like no one will comment and you are a big PS loser? I feel like that all the time! How silly am I?
40.gif

My bday is in the summer too! July!! Ok, so no special dates..so that leaves Vday for you! WOO HOO!
36.gif
I know what you mean, lately I''m doing NO work and just focusing on PS. HOrrilble..I really need to focus. Glad you have the strength because I don''t. I just don''t want to work!
38.gif

Follet Corp...I think I always ordered my school books from e-follet...hmm..
Any big super bowl plans? None for me..not a big football fan..unless the Bears are in it!
9.gif

Thank you again..you are very appreciated!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
If I knew why I was so anal I could save myself a lot of trouble. It is so annoying to me ... I can''t even imagine how annoying it may be to others. Conversely, is it a bad thing to strive for the best? I say no. We''re okay ... the people who aren''t anal have the problem.
25.gif
J/k

Woohoo! Inclusions are not a problem. You are A-ok. This just continues to sound better and better. ... and NO conversation is wasted if we are having fun, right? Doesn''t matter if he gets the Eighternity or not ... unless of course you heart is set on it, right? ... if it is, I suspect that you might be chirping in his ear about how wonderous it is, right?
12.gif

I know what you mean about RT ... I hate seeing posts with no responses. I remember how eager I was to get responses on my situation when I first joined and I never want anyone to feel as though they are being ignored. No responses is like the virtual equivalent of people ignoring you.
7.gif
I always worry about my posts b/c there is just such potential for someone to take what you are saying the wrong way etc. It gets tricky communicating in font. On that front, I feel like a PS loser today. I have been spending the last several months seriously dedicated to learning all I can about diamonds only to learn today, as far as some others are concerned, I know nothing. I so enjoy PS and trying to help people. I find it so relaxing and enjoyable that I try to get in as much time and possible but today I''m feeling pretty down. I hope I never came across as thinking I was an expert to you ... I just try my best and share what I know or think I know with the best of intentions. I''ll continue to sulk for a little and then pull up my big girl pants and move on ... I just found it such a coincidence that you should ask ... maybe you saw what I''m referring to. Anyways, pity party over - (WTF - I think I must be super sensitive today) -
37.gif
moving on ... no, I don''t think you are silly at all for feeling that way and for what it counts I certainly don''t think your a PS loser or maybe you are but then that makes me one as well ...
23.gif
These purchases or potential purchases are incredibly important to us. Posting in RT is a plea for assistance most of the time and when people don''t respond, it feels like nobody cares about your plight or what is important to you. I certainly hope one of the experts is able to chime in and help you out. I''m sorry that I''m not able to be of more assistance in that regard ... Have you read up more about the HCA and what those results could mean?

July, huh? Wow. I''m August. Are you a Leo or a Cancer? Work ... I have no advice. I wouldn''t have stopped if I didn''t have so much drama in my office. I figured I should quit while I was ahead instead of having my internet usage come into play in some political way. You know how that works. Better safe than sorry. It''s almost like not working though b/c I''m always wondering what''s going on on PS. You''re lucky you can stay on all day ... I''m sure when you actually have meaningful work to do, you will get to it and put PS on the backburner.

No big Superbowl plans. Just heading out for brunch tomorrow with some friends and coworkers. Should be fun. I''m the same ... I really like football but unless any of my current fave teams are playing or I am at some sort of big Superbowl party, I''m not really that interested in watching ... I just want to know who won.

I had planned to do so much today and look at me ... I''m like an addict who keeps falling off the wagon. ... here I am on PS all day.

Doing anything fun this evening or are you guys tuckered out fron your ring shopping stint?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hey ... You just saw that you got some great responses! Yay!
36.gif

That makes a lot more sense now ... Totally forgot about the fact that your Eighternity might be thought of differently than a standard RB ... duh!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean about RT ... I hate seeing posts with no responses. I remember how eager I was to get responses on my situation when I first joined and I never want anyone to feel as though they are being ignored. No responses is like the virtual equivalent of people ignoring you.
7.gif
I always worry about my posts b/c there is just such potential for someone to take what you are saying the wrong way etc. It gets tricky communicating in font. On that front, I feel like a PS loser today. I have been spending the last several months seriously dedicated to learning all I can about diamonds only to learn today, as far as some others are concerned, I know nothing. I so enjoy PS and trying to help people. I find it so relaxing and enjoyable that I try to get in as much time and possible but today I''m feeling pretty down. I hope I never came across as thinking I was an expert to you ... I just try my best and share what I know or think I know with the best of intentions. I''ll continue to sulk for a little and then pull up my big girl pants and move on ... I just found it such a coincidence that you should ask ... maybe you saw what I''m referring to. Anyways, pity party over - (WTF - I think I must be super sensitive today) -
37.gif
moving on ... no, I don''t think you are silly at all for feeling that way and for what it counts I certainly don''t think your a PS loser or maybe you are but then that makes me one as well ...
23.gif
These purchases or potential purchases are incredibly important to us. Posting in RT is a plea for assistance most of the time and when people don''t respond, it feels like nobody cares about your plight or what is important to you. I certainly hope one of the experts is able to chime in and help you out. I''m sorry that I''m not able to be of more assistance in that regard ... Have you read up more about the HCA and what those results could mean?
WHOA..what happened? I don''t recall seeing anything..please explain. I think you are an expert..was there a thread you posted on and someone didn''t agree?
33.gif
I cannot move on to normal convo until I know what happened!
I''m sorry if you are said or hurt. Try not to let it get to you...but I understand..I let it get to me a lot!
38.gif
I was just asking because I always feel like a loser! But I am so it''s cool!
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
You''re too funny. I totally see the wheels turning in your mind. Really, it''s no big deal and I don''t want to belabor the point and make it into a bigger one. Just differing perspectives. I don''t feel comfy discussing it further online ... offline fine but even then it''s just not worth it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Some are just more harsh than others. I do not feel the intention was malicious but it was still hurtful.

I am really sad and feel sort of slighted and embarrassed but this I will get over. More importantly, I feel bad for anyone I ever shared my opinion with as they may feel as though I was misleading them or gave them wrong info. Funniest thing is that I have a lot of integrity and this type of behavior totally goes against my grain. I would never share my opinion or thoughts if I thought that they were inaccurate.

Anyhoo ... no big deal. There are no hard feelings as I said, I think I''m just sulking and being a little dramatic. I said my piece and it is over.

You made me laugh my bf always says that about me ... so I guess we are good company for each other. I''m okay with it as well! LOL
9.gif

Now ... answer my other questions!
25.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I understand..I will let it go, again..I'm sorry you feel like crap! I'ts not a nice feeling!
38.gif
2.gif
Ok moving on because you want me to...
Am I set on the 8 stone..I'm not sure. It sure was purty...
27.gif
I feel bad because it took me a while to figure out which was which. Bf got it right away! They have a 3 year return policy. If I want to upgrade or just need some cash, we could turn in the 8 stone for full purchase price which I think is a nice feature! God, already talking upgrade? Seriously..can you get me some mental help?
38.gif

Yea I got a couple of posts...never crossed my mind that the HCA wouldn't work with 8 stone..duh to me!
26.gif

I can't stay on it all day but I still always have it up I swear like every 10 mintues I'm searching on it for about 15 mintues..NOT GOOD!
40.gif
I am a leo..you? I'm bossy...all those things they say Leos are..so bad!

No superbowl plans for me! Boring house stuff..maybe laundry..some shopping. Yes shopping, I need some new pillowcases!
9.gif

No plans tonight. We went to workout and are just bumming around now!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results