shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Angel7 - Saturday''s Game Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
A Leo?! Me too! Yay Leo''s! I think we are FAB! Not everything they have to say about us is bad ... just most of it and well... that''s just due to poor interpretation of our characteristics, right. Tee hee. Well, anyways, you may now understand my flair for drama now that you have this little tidbit of info.

Thanks for being willing to be there for me. That is SO sweet. I wanted to edit that post b/c I felt like I was dumping on you but I couldn''t figure out how to for some reason ... it didn''t give me the option. I''m sure that you can imagine how happy that made me.
29.gif

I think that that is so adorable ... The bf is trying to show you up. chuckles ... I love it when they get into stuff like this and really start to enjoy it. So cute. You know what, it may be a good thing that you are out of the loop now. Now you don''t have to stress it. The bf will have all the stress and he will have to pick the perfect one! That retn/upgrade policy is incredible! That is fantastic. If you weren''t sold on this jeweler before, you certainly would be after you heard that ... Hey, how''s this for an idea??
27.gif
3 yrs you say ... 3 yrs to save some more
22.gif
so that when you are ready to get your Michael B setting, you can take care of two birds with the same "stone" ... haha. You can upgrade your diamond a little at the same time! How''s that for using my brains! Tada!
31.gif
Seriously, we are incorrigible! Neither of us has gotten anything yet on our finger but we are already talking upgrade... Not a one to help the other. I can''t help you b/c we''ll both be at the same intervention. Horrible.

What do you think your carat "sweet" spot is? I say mine is somewhere b/n 1.75 to 2.25 or so....

Double "duh" about the fancy rb''s... Didn''t even occur to me for some reason. I guess it''s just because the stone looks round. I do feel good though b/c I knew that those numbers looked okay and couldn''t quite figure out why they didn''t seem to work together on the HCA. I really wish you had been able to take pics so I could have seen this beauty.

The work surfing sounds exactly like what I was doing. It was so bad. I felt like my mouse was compelled to pull up the page every time I was between tasks. I was so entirely unproductive. Ridiculous. I had to shut the window down so that I wouldn''t be tempted.

Same here, apart from the working out around part.
25.gif
I have some errands to run tomorrow and hopefully we''ll be able to make it to brunch. What a lame existence. I need to spice up my life.
24.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
25.gif

Date: 2/3/2008 12:24:49 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
A Leo?! Me too! Yay Leo''s! I think we are FAB! Not everything they have to say about us is bad ... just most of it and well... that''s just due to poor interpretation of our characteristics, right. Tee hee. Well, anyways, you may now understand my flair for drama now that you have this little tidbit of info.
Seriously..everything you read on Leo''s is bad! Just because we have more zest for life..zeesh!
27.gif

Thanks for being willing to be there for me. That is SO sweet. I wanted to edit that post b/c I felt like I was dumping on you but I couldn''t figure out how to for some reason ... it didn''t give me the option. I''m sure that you can imagine how happy that made me.
29.gif

You are not dumping on me so no worries. I think I figured out what you were talking about and yes, I can see how you felt upset. we''ll just leave it at that!

I think that that is so adorable ... The bf is trying to show you up. chuckles ... I love it when they get into stuff like this and really start to enjoy it. So cute. You know what, it may be a good thing that you are out of the loop now. Now you don''t have to stress it. The bf will have all the stress and he will have to pick the perfect one! That retn/upgrade policy is incredible! That is fantastic. If you weren''t sold on this jeweler before, you certainly would be after you heard that ... Hey, how''s this for an idea??
27.gif
3 yrs you say ... 3 yrs to save some more
22.gif
so that when you are ready to get your Michael B setting, you can take care of two birds with the same ''stone'' ... haha. You can upgrade your diamond a little at the same time! How''s that for using my brains! Tada!
31.gif
Seriously, we are incorrigible! Neither of us has gotten anything yet on our finger but we are already talking upgrade... Not a one to help the other. I can''t help you b/c we''ll both be at the same intervention. Horrible.
Seriously, I agree. I think it''s best that I''m out of the loop. I can drive myself crazy with these numbers. I gave bf the info and hopefully he makes the right decision (cut etc) and to be honest, if it''s not the best cut in the world big deal. In the real world..no one knows if it''s good or bad..just that it''s sparkly..its here on PS that I feel many people feel the "pressure" for the perfect stone. Not that I''m complaining..this is a great site and I''m so happy with everything I''ve learned and discovered here. I ust think we all want to do everyone proud and the best ring for our money and not be "embarrassed" by a shotty ring..does that make sense? I''m just babbling...me and bf said the same thing. If down the line I''m still in love with the Michael B..I can save, maybe even trade in for a bigger mama. Seriously, I don''t have an ering and am already talking upgrade. What a greedy biotch I am!
31.gif
I think my sweet spot is 2 on the dot. I think that even looks huge on my hand! Never tried on a 1.75...hmm..I''ll have to do that sometime!
9.gif

Double ''duh'' about the fancy rb''s... Didn''t even occur to me for some reason. I guess it''s just because the stone looks round. I do feel good though b/c I knew that those numbers looked okay and couldn''t quite figure out why they didn''t seem to work together on the HCA. I really wish you had been able to take pics so I could have seen this beauty.
I have never even heard the term fancy round...so strange. I think I''ll go search to see if I can find any info..

How was the rest of your Sunday? Mine was nothing special We are getting MORE SNOW!!
39.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I say that they are "haters" ... They know of our Leo "regalness", thus they hate.
25.gif
Or I know, maybe they are just jealous of your fabulous manes ... Makes sense that I have that fab kitty with the bling as my avatar pic now doesn''t it? I''ll have to dig up some stuff online about Leo''s and post it here so that we can re-write it and give Leo''s the credit which is due to them. Silly.

Thanks for the vote of confidence and for your discretion. Given that I was feeling
7.gif
, its nice to have a PS friend who makes me
9.gif
! I knew you would find it without me having to tell you ... after all, you are the google queen.
34.gif

I think that you nailed it on the head ... When all is said and done, it really doesn''t matter. I''m sure that you are certain that he will get you something fab and better yet, you know that at some time he will be asking for you to be his wife and share the rest of your lives together ... This is the big pic. When I started becoming completely obsessed with the numbers and going berserk, I was so glad that he was there with me to be the level head. As long as your bf gets you something that is well cut and that you fall in love with, everything will be all good. No need to sweat anything anylonger. Lucky girl ... Now you just have to sit back and wait.

We are greedy biotch''s but you know what .. I think that we would do the same for them if it fell within the realm of social norms. You can''t really blame us. It''s societal pressure whether it be subtle or overt. It''s always looming. People, on the outside and some even on the inside, measure the depth of your love or his committment or whatever other bogus crap they can think of by the size of the diamond he can get you. Dumb but as is the case with a lot of other marketing stuff out there ... we all fall for it, in one way or another, whether we are willing to admit it or not.

2, huh?! Nice! Can you imagine ... what do you think? 25 yr upgrade?
31.gif
I put a 2 cter on my finger and the "weight" of it just felt so nice. It looked perfect. I have chunky little muffin top fingers so it is easy for me to justify having to get a "bigger" diamond ... You know ... everything needs to be to scale .. bigger fingers, bigger diamond. You get me, don''t you?
3.gif

Now, Sunday ... I did go to brunch with the girls. I wasn''t feeling it though. Wanted to just veg at home. I''m still getting over the cold I had earlier in the week. To top it off, one of my friends had some kind of food poisoning or funky stomach virus thing that took her down yesterday but she thought she was better today. We ate and were chit chatting and then she turned a vile shade of green ... Needless to say, we had to ship her butt home asap and that was the end of our little date. I came home and have been on the computer.

Oh! I meant to tell you ... Last night, I was watching a movie ... Shattered, I think is the name. It starred Pierce Brosnan and Maria Bello. It was set in Chicago. Not a bad movie ... A bit drawn out but a really great twist to it. Kind of creepy and unnerving but entertaining. If you haven''t seen it, pick it up ... You might like it or at least you might like seeing the stuff around your city. What is the name of that river that flows through downtown again? My dad and I were arguing about it last night.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Leo''s

The Lion
July 23 to August 22
Traditional
Leo Traits

Generous and warmhearted
Creative and enthusiastic
Broad-minded and expansive
Faithful and loving

On the dark side....
Pompous and patronizing
Bossy and interfering
Dogmatic and intolerant

Not so bad ....

Here''s another ...

Ideal Careers: Politicians, Welfare workers, Chef, Lawyer, Law and Government Enforcement, Photographer, Entertainer, Real Estate Agent, Artists, Model, and Fashion Designer.

Likes: Spotlight, speculative ventures, luxurious living, gold, adornment, fashion, pageantry, grandeur, taking shortcuts.

Dislikes: Doing things safely, ignorant and small-minded people, penny-pinching, being compared to others, loneliness, pointlessness.

Hey ... How do you like that? Just b/c we''re Leo''s means that we are drawn to gold (& diamonds, I might add), which means that it is absolutely NOT our fault.
25.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

Ooooh ... You have been a good girl! Me too! Waited until my break.

9.gif
It does help when you are busy though b/c if it is slow ... it''s like your finger starts twitching to get on there and then the thoughts start creeping in etc. Lame, I know but hey ... at least we admit it!

I love horoscope stuff too! I''m such a Leo! Do you think that you are as well or do you more align with another sign?

Of course you will love the ring! You really should be relieved. As you can imagine, I was a complete freak show during the end stages. I was crying every other day or so for some other reason and being totally unreasonable with my fears that the ring would come with messed up prongs or it wouldn''t be as I had remembered it etc. Total drama. So glad that''s over but I still feel bad for the poor bf.
20.gif

I think you''re right about the 25 yr upgrade. How about this ... every 3 yrs then? You''ll have a 10 ct diamond and super blinged out setting before you know it.
31.gif
I love the 3 yr plan as well ... I need to get on this train b/c I like where you are going, lady!
Chicago River ... Losers ... we came up with all different kinds of things. It just makes sense that it would be something simple like that. Duh.

Wedding plans??!!!! Argh! Nope ... not really yet. We have sort of discussed a destination wedding but then it is probably more practical to have it here ... No idea. You any good at wedding stuff? Wanna help me out when the time comes. I think I''m going to be horrible? Have you started planning yet?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok technically my break should be over shortly so I can still write!
31.gif

Oh I definitley aline with the Leo, no doubt about that one!
11.gif

I like the 3 year plan too...that is ASSUMING he goes for the eighternity. You could tell the SA thought we should at least put a deposit down on the stone. She''s like..it could be sold soon...we have many people looking at it...etc etc so now she has me a little worried on that but I think she would email me if someone came in and was SERIOUSLY considering it. Then again the deposit wasn''t much..like a couple hundred..the bf could at least do that much!
27.gif
9.gif
What is HORRIBLE is that this jeweler is like 5 minutes from work (not that first one, this is a different one) and I could just stop in at any time and just look at the stone..play with it..etc!
21.gif
I won''t though..what''s the point...I wonder if she would let me take pictures? I always feel bad asking these people..what''s the big deal though? Ok moving on..no more ring talk!

Well there are a couple rivers so it''s not your fault. Chicago River, Des Plaines river...

My friend has been thinking destination wedding for hers..she''s been engaged over a year now..no plans. I keep harrassing her!
Oh yea, I''m always planning! Secret obsession of mine..I LOVE planning parties! I''m thinking maybe May or June of 2009. (Assuming we are engaged in 2008). I''m thinking Pink and Brown and green for colors...but bf hates pink so then I stop there...I think I want to rent a photo booth...I think I want to give little bottles of champagne for favors...thinking short bridesmaid dresses...do you see this?
39.gif
The mind is always reeling! Hi, do I have a fiance? NOPE! Just have a flair for parties!
38.gif

I will have NO problem helping! I love it!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paula -- You make me laugh! We sound so similar. Maybe that''s why we "get" each other. I completely understand .. you are entitled to every last second of break so ... why not respond, right? Tee hee. ...

Me too! Undeniably a Leo. Always have been! I swear I should have been an actress. Aug 7 -- You?

Oh c''mon! You''re no fun. Why can''t you go to the jewelry store to play? You don''t have to inquire what the bf is doing ... Just let her know that you came to admire and mull some stuff over in your mind. You are learning about diamonds and want to take a closer look at the different types of sparkle etc. Make something up, for beejeezus sake! Take pics, if you can so I can experience this too! What are you thinking woman??!

The dep is a common sales tactic. If you place a a deposit, the more likely you are to make a purchase or at least the better able they are to determine how serious you are ... Wouldn''t it be funny if you ran into your bf there?
6.gif

I LOVE the 3 yr plan. Don''t even get me started ... I''m gonna have to work on this one with Mary and see what kind of trouble she can whip up for me. They only have this policy for the eighternity .. not for any of their other stones? If not, he absolutely must do the eighternity or else all of our diabolicabl plans will be for nought.
15.gif

A whole year and no plans? What''s the hold up? Where is she thinking about doing the dw? No wonder you keep harrassing her? Is there something holding her back?
I really like pink & brown and really like green as well. Pink & brown always looks really nice together. I love teal but don''t want it to be too overwhelming and tacked out. My friend, who had a horrible wedding had teal and it has sort have traumatized me so even though I love the color, I''m scared of it now.
32.gif

I love the photo booth idea. I saw that once on one of those wedding shows that I''m addicted to and it looked like a lot of fun. Pricey but worth it if your guests are into it.

I totally see your vision and it is lovely. Do you have pics of the bridesmaid dresses you were thinking of?

I''m so excited that you love planning parties ... This is going to work out great. I love the diamond numbers nonsense and you like planning parties ... are we a pair, or what?

Thanks for the reminder ... yeah ... neither of us are engaged. Losers. Tee hee.
25.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

wyering.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2008 4:13:38 PM
Author: Angel7
How evil funny would this be for garter? BF is a HUGE White Sox fan and I''m a Cubs fan. Imagine his dismay when he pulls this off!
11.gif
31.gif
36.gif
OMG! I LOVE it!!! Now, seriously ... you know that you have to do this, right?! I just love it when couples personalize their weddings. It makes everything so much more fun and meaningful.

Do you think that you are going to get it??? Please tell me yes. So, so, so cute and I think it would definitely put a smile on his face!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Okay ... I had to respond to the other one first ... It was just too cute.

Sick of work already ... LOL! I''m being stalked at work and its really cutting into my PS time. Boo!

Of course you can go to the store and play. Who cares if they think you are annoying ... besides if they do, go more. You are a potential customer so they can shove it ... They are at your disposal ... within reason, of course. GO and PLAY!

A little birdie, huh. Hmmm, I''m thinking a bullhorn. Again, if you aren''t thrilled with the eighternity OR if you get sick of it, you can start a countdown towards the 3 yr plan and know that you will walk away with what you really want in only a couple of years. It''s fair that they will let you apply the money to another stone. This is good. Besides, no risk for you guys since you know that you will be buying a stone from them, you just don''t know which one yet.

I love that ering. It''s so pretty! Really. Thanks for the pic!! I like the way that you will be lowering it ... I wouldn''t even have thought that that was a possibility. Were you ever able to find out if the palladium is less expensive than platinum? Palladium sounds like a good option ... The platinum head is essential though ... even settings made with gold tend to have platinum prongs b/c they are stronger and will keep the stone more secure. With regards to color, I''m sure that the difference will be negligible. If it''s not ... it was her recommendation, she''ll have to do something to fix it.

Your friend may very well attempt to injure you in some way ... I have no idea how she could let her mom doing the planning. It would drive me nuts but then again, I guess, if you don''t really care one way or another, it could be like a free wedding planner. My mom and I would scrap too much. I can''t even imagine. What a nightmare!

That''s a good question about the tux. I''m thinking some sort of neutral ... pink & brown is pretty popular so I''m sure if you started looking at different sites, you would find something. I can''t think of anything specific off the top of my head but I will see if I can find anything online. Would the bf do pink accents in with brown, possibly?

About the bridesmaid dresses ... I was a bridesmaid a few years ago and my friend had the dresses done by Jim Hjelm. They were gorgeous. Have you seen any of this dresses?
I definitely think that you can do brown in May or June ... It''s all about how it is done. Maybe your girls can mix it up instead of all wearing the same dress in the same color ... It could be dresses that vary slightly with different brown/pink combos ... all the same shade, of course???

Leo losers, unite!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!

I have a VERY long day at work today so I''m starting with PS already..I DON''T CARE!
31.gif

Yes, I am totally going to get that garter..obviously not going to order it yet but I have it saved in my favorites for the special day! Hey it''s new and it''s blue!
9.gif

Thank you for the compliments...
The picture of the ring makes it look so plain and blah..I liked it in person though. Geez I hate this double guessing myself!!!!
29.gif

Why oh why! I can''t help but wonder, is there something better out there I''m missing? Am I going to be so sad that I don''t have the pave I love? What about a detailed basket? Am I the only one who is such a crazed maniac? I hope others share in this disorder.
39.gif

Palladium I believe was more expensive than the WG but less than Platinum..I think!
33.gif

I was thinking something neutral too..but then is it wierd to have the bridesmaids in brown and then the guys in black? Kinda wierd..I don''t know. I''m just babbling..by the time the planning comes around, who knows what the heck I want. You''ve seen my crazy mind and how it reels!
7.gif

Love Jim Hjelm..I LOVE this w-dress however, I would need to get my arms into some shape to pull it off!
32.gif
- Not the rose color though..

http://www.jimhjelmvisions.com/jim_br/display_dress.php?imageno=8765&multimatch=x

Also like this one..just may be not "enough" dress..I feel like the ladies might be a bit much for it...
23.gif

http://www.jimhjelmvisions.com/jim_br/display_dress.php?imageno=8500&multimatch=x

We are getting more snow today...
14.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!

Yay! I''m so glad you are going to get that fabulously cute garter. What fun!
36.gif

You''re welcome about the compliments and you know what ... what you are thinking/feeling is that far fetched. Every day that I am without my ring makes me doubt that it is the right one for me. At one time, before it was finished being made I felt like I was having a panic attack b/c I thought that maybe it wasn''t the right one for me. I just had to calm down and realize that, if, unfortunately, it is not the one I adore (even though I have been coveting it for years), then I will have to look at getting something different. Plain and simple. No need to sweat it ... especially not beforehand. Doubleguessing yourself is natural. Just don''t let yourself get too wound up about it. If it''s not the right one ... You will find the right one and it will be yours ... eventually.
28.gif

Wow. ... I guess it makes sense that Palladium is more expensive than WG b/c it is becoming so popular as an alternative to the ultra expensive platinum.

I saw some stuff online last night for the pink & brown groom but nothing I liked enough to share with you ... Some good ideas though. Do you have to go with the black tux? How about a really sharp brown or tan type suit?
Wow! That dress is lovely! You are definitely on top of things. You basically have your dress picked out ... Amazing. I really like it. What are the "musts" that you need in your dress?

SO funny ... the ladies might be giving everyone a show in the other one, huh? I guess there is no harm just to try, right? But the girls on display on the wedding day... um, no.
38.gif

Snow sucks. Yah, I said it! We had some here today as well. Boo!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''m glad to know I''m not the only one who has thought...hmm what if I want something else? You know I''m going to have to go back to the jeweler again and try it on AGAIN!!
9.gif

Brown Tux? I''ve never seen one...I don''t know! Again, who knows what I''ll like by the time I get married! I''m just gathering ideas (have been for like ever!) and we''ll see what actually sticks when the time comes!

I''ve never even tried on Wedding dresses so I have no idea what would look good on me. I know that I DON''T want strapless..everyone has it and it''s just not for me! So who knows. I just liked the embelishment below the bust and the Aline cut.
In my head I think I''m planning a fantasy wedding and it will look a lot crappier IRL!
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh .. You''re a naughty girl. When are you going back to the jeweler?
27.gif

Not a brown tux ... a formal brown suit, of sorts. I''ve never seen a brown tux either and frankly it does sound rather dreadful.
25.gif

I don''t want strapless either but other than that ... I have no idea. Your poor bf and mine ... they think the drama will be over after the ring is all wrapped up ... Nope ... It''s just the beginning.

I really like the idea of your mini champagne bottles ... something that people will use and not just toss, for the most part. I saw some really cute brown and pink take away gift box thingys on another website ... so cute!

I''m starting to feel stressed now about getting in shape. I can''t look awful for my wedding and I don''t want to wear long sleeves to cover up my arms. Aggh! Reminder ... not even engaged yet, but feeling stressed. Whose idea is this whole wedding thing anyways?

Hey .. have you been doing any more research and learned anything else about the eighternity?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sacha..sorry, I''m not going to answer any of the above questions because there is no point! BF shared some interesting news with me last night..........

I get home from a long work dinner and he says..I want to ask you something but please don''t be mad.
I said ok..what? He says, Would you mind if we wait on getting the ring? Maybe next year? I really want to organize my finances and by that time I should have more saved up. I said, yeah that''s fine whatever. I said, why then did you start me on the ring looking/shopping process? It''s like you get me all excited and then just take it away. That''s not fun!
He''s like, I know..sorry.

So, I''m quite bummed.
39.gif
I feel bad for wasting all those jewelers time and energy for nothing. Who knows what I''ll want in a year! Needless to say I''m a little annoyed at him and I know him, he''lll never really be "organized" when it comes to finances. Trust me...he says it every year. I''m the one who "does and organizes" everything.
I guess it''s just a stall tactic which is quite suprising coming from him...he''s always been the one who talked about marriage first, I just talked about the ring!
31.gif

I''m sorry for the needless questions and for bothering you about the ring talk..yada yada..
Regardless, no more wedding or ring talk from me! I will live vicariously through you and your planning!
9.gif

I won''t be able to be on PS all day!
7.gif
I have a meeting all day and then am going to TRY to get out early because we are suppoosed to get ANOTHER 7-14" of snow and I don''t know if I will survive the drive home!
32.gif

I''ll be back on later tonight I''m sure. Have a good day!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, Paula. I''m so sorry. I understand how upset you must be. Bummed is certainly an understatement. Sometimes boys just don''t get it. Not to give you false hope but my first thought, when I read this was that maybe he is just trying to fake you out b/c you are too hot on the trail? Do you think that is something he might do?

And ... let''s get one thing straight. You have not bothered me in the least! I have had tons of fun talking to you and going through this process with you. I have really enjoyed it. I would be sorely disappointed if we were not able to continue our little convo because you are no longer looking for a ring at the moment. I completely understand if you need to stop for your peace of mind but please don''t stop on account of "bothering" me. With regards to the jewelers ... just b/c you may not be getting a ring right away ... doesn''t mean forever, which means that if they are worth their weight ... they will make sure that you remember them and when you are ready, you will go back to them.

I just thought of something else ... boys can be funny sometimes ... I''m thinking maybe he realized how much you love that Michael B and somehow, in his mind, thinks that he is failing you for not being able to get exactly what you want right now, thus he is thinking that he needs to compensate for that by waiting a little bit longer so he can afford it. Either way, nothing wrong with that, right? Maybe you guys can have a frank conversation about where you are at in your relationship and your priorities ... Right now, your priority is to get engaged and start your married life together regardless of whether or not he gives you a 5 ct diamond or if he gives you a twist tie ... maybe his is the same, but he may not realize that you are on the same page? Do you think a discussion will help hammer this situation out?

Try to have a good day! I''ll be around if you need to chat later tonight ....

Good idea to try to get home early tonight. I hope it didn''t snow too much and you made it safely!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Sacha - You are a sweetheat, thank you!
So funny, I have the same train of thought as you! At first I thought, hmm he is trying to throw me off but he is not creative like that. Sorry, he''s the worst gift giver and so not into a creative surprise so he wouldn''t do tha
I''m not worried about our relationship or where we stand, I really think he is stressed about how much a ring actually is.
I guess it''s not going to be as long as a year. He told me he contacted the last jewler and told her he''s just going to push it off for a couple of months?
He made it seem like a lot longer last night....so I''m confused there!
I was also thinking..hmm maybe he''s really saving for the M. B cuz last night he''s like...I really want to get you something you are going to love and I said, please in a year who knows what I''ll love. He''s like...that''s also what I was thinking. So bottom line, I have no idea what the hell he''s doing! He''s a bit of a basket case but I''m going to not bring it up to him and not discuss rings AT ALL with him or around him! Whole thing just kinda caught me off guard..you know? Very strange..

Right now, your priority is to get engaged and start your married life together regardless of whether or not he gives you a 5 ct diamond or if he gives you a twist tie

Such an excellent point! He''s the one who keeps saying, I''m ready now, I was ready 4 years ago..blah blah blah. I feel he''s putting too much emphasis on the ring..HELLO you can always change them LATER!! I''m so over trying to figure him out. Glad you are here for me to vent to!
21.gif

I made it home safetly. Work told everyone to get out while they can. It is BRUTAL here! So sick of snow! Thanks again pal!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Seriously Paula ... no need to thank me. Thank you for letting me attempt to help you out and for allowing us to share our excitement together. You are a sweetie!

We have the same train of thought b/c we are silly. Guys definitely do not think the same way that we do. My bf said something to me the other night that made me laugh ... It would be funnier if I could explain it to you in person but I''ll give it a try ... He said ... "If a guy broke his leg and had a cast put on and then went shopping and came home late etc etc etc ... girls would talk and think that he broke his leg so that he could hide the ring box in there and then whip it out as a surprise over dinner etc." It was funny when he said it b/c it was an absolutely preposterous scenario but ... he was right. Given the right circumstance, we can twist anything to be a proposal set up. Too bad they are just not as creative as us.

Poor guy being stressed about the cost of the ring. They really do get worked up about making us and keeping us happy. This is such an endearing quality b/c they love us so much but it can be frustrating b/c sometimes our expectations of them are not as high as they perceive them to be. We''d be happy and not just "settling" for something decent and thoughtful but they think that they have to go over the top. I think that, for me, it was a mistake familiarizing my bf with what I was looking for in an engagement ring b/c he got so overwhelmed ... after we went through the process together, it wasn''t as bad but at first I think the prospective $$ to be flying around really got to him ... he just didn''t expect it. Then again, not being exposed or interested in that stuff before, how can you blame them, right?

I think that its a great sign that he contacted the jeweler to let them know that he is putting it off for a couple of mos b/c this way he is still maintaining a "relationship" of sorts with the jeweler and you know he is still thinking about it in the near future ... My gut says that I think he picked up on your hesitation about this new setting and really wants to get that Michael B for you to make you happy. You can''t fault him for this ... It is to be applauded. Good for him for taking the initiative to disappoint you a little bit now only in order to make your dreams come true in a couple of months. Even if its not the Michael B and its really about him wanting to be more comfortable with the finances and getting you the perfect ring ... All things good come to those who wait, right? ... or so they say anyways ..
20.gif
Who has time to wait when all we think about is getting married and having rings ... the greedy biotches we are ... haha. Good idea not to talk about it anymore ... unless you are wanting to have a serious discussion, of course. Let everything just play out. The less you talk about it with him ... the less worked up he gets about expectations etc. If you want to talk rings ... I''m here for you as is PS ... It''s a naughty little secret.
2.gif

If you feel he''s putting too much emphasis on the ring, this is one of those serious discussions that you can have with him expressing your thoughts on the subject so that both of you can come to a better understanding of the other''s perspective. If he knows that you are open to an upgrade and, in some ways, are even excited about the possibility ... that may change his perspective??

Glad you made it home safely ... I hope I can do the same. I''m leaving soon and I have been told it is snowing like crazy here. Whenever it snows here, it''s like the city shuts down. Nobody can drive in it. It''s horrible. I know its just going to be a brutal commute ... Well ... crossing my fingers and heading out the door.

PS -- Feel free to vent with me anytime ... I''ll take you up on this same offer.
25.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you got home safetly! I love your bfs cast scenario. That is so true about us ladies...but I think it''s cuz we put SO MUCH thought into every gift or date we plan that we expect the same. So NOT the case with my bf!
38.gif

Yeah he is really stressed about the money part. He said last night that he thought he could go with $5K and just get a great ring. I said, you can! He''s like no, I''ve seen what''s out there and I want you to have a beautiful ring and not settle. That''s sweet but I don''t want him to be stressed over it. You know? So many bigger problems in the world to be stressed about.
So like I said, I''m just going to stop bringing it up with him and move forward. It stinks that I got all excited for new sparkly bauble..
39.gif

Ok enought about my boring life.

What''s new with you? Any weekend plans? Any new Vday plans I should know about?
31.gif
27.gif

Thanks again for listening!
35.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hiya! Good morning!
I did get home safely ... thank you very much! Wasn''t as bad as I thought.

It''s so sweet that your bf wants to do right by you ... in the long run, I''m sure you will be happier knowing that you didn''t have to "settle", if you can call getting any diamond ring settling, right? It might mean just a smidge longer to wait, however, when you wear that baby proudly on your finger, the wait will be forgotten! There will be a bauble in your future and maybe not as distant a future as you may think.
2.gif

Nothing is new for me ... A colleague of mine had a bday yesterday and she came in today with a fab new platinum Tiffany 1837 lock bracelet thingy ... It''s great. I''m so jealous. You know I''ve been eyeing up a Tiffancy bangle, right ... boo hoo for me. Yay for her though! Woohoo!

I think we are slowly having our Vday plans come together. We are going to be staying in this great hotel in Seattle for the weekend and just relaxing and having fun downtown. I have to go to see Mary about a few things and I will certainly try my best to get a peek at my baby but that''s all I know for right now. We''ll probably go out for a really dinner too but I have no idea what to get for him as a present this year.

Any ideas?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Yes you are right, eventually I will have one...eventually!
3.gif

Ohh a nice Tiffany bracelet...love eyeing other peoples pieces.

That sounds like a great Vday! A vday where one might get engaged!
9.gif
36.gif

That''ll be fun to go see Mary, don''t go trying on any other rings!
27.gif

I''m sorry, I am so strapped for ideas. I was going to get bf a book about Italy because we were suppossed to go this summer but I''m not sure if that''s happening. Dont think he''s getting anything from me this year...I have no ideas!
4.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I have a problem ... Immediately when she showed it to me, I knew what it was ... No wonder she looked at me crazy. When is this jewelry obsession going to stop? I LOVE eyeing other people''s good bling and sometimes can''t look away. I feel like such a weirdo. Nobody really ever says anything but maybe their scared to b/c they think I''m a psycho? Oh well, we all have our burdens in life ... I''m lucky if this is mine.
3.gif

You know what I was thinking ... I can''t try on anything when I go to see Mary. I''m so scared that I will not be able to help myself and will just impulse buy something I''ve been coveting ... like those pearls. They are gorgeous.. Chocolate brown with a yellow gold and champagne diamond clasp.
18.gif
Ugh! I need help.

Aren''t you funny ... nope ... doesn''t sound like a Vday where anyone is going to get engaged, missy.

Me too ... I told him last night not to bother getting me anything for Vday since it''s really not impt to us and we are spending a lot of money this year. ... this being said, how is it that I continually find ways to justify bling purchases?
33.gif
This madness has to stop.

I posted a pic of one of my colleagues wedding dresses in the bride&grooms forum ... Take a look ... Let me know what you think. I thought it was really pretty & elegant.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I always think that too...do people think I''m pyscho staring at their jewelery and stuff?
3.gif

Good idea not trying anything on but I would still want to do it!!! Have fun!
36.gif

I told the bf same thing last night! No Vday presents since he is trying to "save" and i have no ideas for him. He said, too late..I already got you something. Oh boy, I can only imagine with him!
27.gif

He let me read the email between him and the jeweler. He was very nice and professional and she wrote back also very nice and at the end she said, I think Paula would rather have the man of her dreams than the ring of her dreams. I thought it was so nice and very true but he just doesn''t get that. He wants me to be happy with the ring and not get something he had to settle for cuz of his limited budget. We talked about it last night some more and he just gets mad at me cuz I''m making it seem like he''s bailing on the commitment when that''s not the case and I''m just trying to tell him..don''t put so much stress on yourself about the ring and it''s just not getting through and he''s not seeing where I''m coming from..I''m not seeing where he is coming from..so I said I''m done with this conversation! It is stupid to fight about it. Bottom line, he wants me to have a beautiful ring and needs to save for it and I need to understand that. Fine got it, done! But at the same time, no need to go broke buying it. I''m so sick of this conversation..moving on! (Sorry if that paragraph is hard to understand and totally confusing!)

MORE GREAT NEWS: I just found out yesterday that my position is being eliminated and I will be out of here on June 27th.
29.gif
Time to start searching! Sucks huh? Could be a blessing in disguise since I have been complaining about my current work duties, etc. Still, I HATE job searching, invterviewing..etc. Wish me luck!
Am I having a GREAT week or what? No ring and no job!!!!!
38.gif

I will head over to the BIW forum now! Thanks for listening to my disorganized rant!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi P!

I was wondering about you and hoping that you were fairing well. Glad to know that you haven''t been buried in snow in the avalanche of a city that Chicago is right now. It''s killing us over here. I can''t imagine how horrible it must be over that way.

I''m sure some people think that we are psycho for staring at their jewelry. I say that they should just thank their lucky stars that we don''t run away with it and lock ourselves in a bathroom stall just to stroke it and drool all over it. How''s that for psycho? ... Now leave us alone and don''t judge us for merely admiring your pretties from afar!
3.gif

Oh ... I''m really getting scared about my next upcoming visit. It should be fun but my mind is like a massive database compiling details and information on things that I want on my wish list. It''s horrible. I can''t make it stop and I know that by the time I get there I will be so worked up that I''ll be a crazed fiend wanting to try everything on or start some sort of new "project" that I can''t afford. We are cursed. So much so that I usually can''t even sleep the night before a visit. I get too excited. I will have fun and I will tell you all about it. Hey ... maybe Mary will let me take pics and I will show you some of the baubles I check out.

What a sweetie! Got your Vday pressie already ... Awww! Mine is usually so last minute. I think we''re in the same boat ... Apparently, I''m too late as he has already gotten me something or is working on it. I''m so curious but really, really hoping that he hasn''t spent a lot b/c I just can''t figure out anything to get him. Are you going to get him something or maybe just do something special for him?

I''m so glad he let you read the email to the jeweler. She sounds so great! I LOVE the way that she made it clear that you would be happy with him and no ring and are not solely concerned about the ring. This, to me, is a good sign that you have, at last, found a decent jeweler. Try not to be frustrated. Men can be so thick headed sometimes. They just don''t get it. It must be a gene that dates back to Cro-Magnon man or something. I think that you''re fine given that you understand and are able to just deal with it. It will come to him but it will just take a little more time. Good that you talked about it but good that you don''t want to keep talking about it either. Move on. Give him a little time and everything will fall into place. You know you have a great guy who wants to make a life with you. This is what is important ... I know it doesn''t change the fact that you are disappointed but ... for that... I''m here, your friends are here and PS is here for you to vent while your bf takes the time he needs to get everything sorted.

You are too funny with your great news. I got excited and then sad.
7.gif
Actually, you''re probably right. This is a good thing. You were bored there and what a perfect time to move on! Onwards and upwards! It is absolutely a blessing in disguise. If you let me know what you are interested in, I will email my cousin and ask him if he knows of any opportunities w/in his company or his previous one ... both of which he was really happy with. Just let me know.
It''s always easier to do they job search thing in you have an "in" or can at least get your foot in the door, right?

Coincidentally, I''m going through something similar and I couldn''t be more excited. I am hoping and praying for them to shut down our dept so that I can get packaged out. I''ve been an employee with the bank for 10 yrs so that means I would get a sweet package to pay me out!
22.gif
This way I get the kick in the butt I need to get out of here and look for other opportunities better suited to my skill set. Recently, I was approached by a head hunter of sorts and went on an interview with one of his clients and sat through 2 interviews - 1 hr and a 1/2 and 2 hrs, each! I''m awaiting a response from either the recruiter guy or the company but haven''t rec''d anything and it''s been a while now. It looked really promising but I know that there was some upheaval at the prospective company so I don''t want to inquire again b/c I don''t want to be inconsiderate of their situation. Also, b/c of the rumors I''ve heard about us being shut down and getting packaged out etc, I don''t necessarily want to jump on a new job opportunity and miss out on the package. This is another reason that I don''t want to follow up with the recruiter, just in case they want to offer me the job ... Arrrgh! so confusing!

I just thought I would share so that you wouldn''t feel so alone in your crappy week. It''s been not so great for me too.

Glad you like the dress. I thought it was so pretty when she showed it to us! The funny thing is that with all the wedding dresses that I have seen, I can''t imagine myself in any of them. This is not good.

Hope you''re having a better day ... or that I could at least make you laugh ...

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I just typed out my whole response and have lost it..please forgive me..I''m too tired and will re-type tomorrow. Did I mention how much that annoys me? I forgot to copy!!!!!!!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif

Good night
39.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Good night! I''m sorry ... I really hate that too!
29.gif

Sweet dreams!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hope you''re having a good day! Sending you a
emcocktl.gif
and a
emsmile.gif
to help celebrate a Happy Saturday!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Why thank you! I had a productive Saturday and now I''m just doing nothing!
27.gif

Hope you had a great weekend thus far!
I found a Vday gift for bf today and it was completley unintentional.
I went to Office Max for some supplies and bought him a program on how to learn to speak Italian. (I''m Italian and speak it fluently, my whole family does and he said he''s always wanted to learn) so he can use it on the computer or on his ipod. I hope he likes it! I also got him this dayplanner/organizer since he needs to be organized for work and keeps saying he is "Trying" to get organized. I hope he likes that as well...if not, he can return it! It''s been my experience that you can''t force someone to be organized. What works for me may not work for someone else...hey at least I finally found something to get him! I bet you he lied and I get jack crap!
39.gif
9.gif

So bf''s whole hesitation on the ring was him anticipating a smaller tax return...we got our taxes done today and he got back much more than last year and a good chunk of change..you know what he says? Oh good, now I can pay off some bills...I was like yes and buy something sparkly for me!
31.gif
I tell you, that ring is never showing up!

Ohh your job situation is hard. Yes you have been there a long time and deserve that good buy package but being recruited by a head hunter for an awesome position is also great! Either way, it''s a total win win for you. Best of luck on what you decide!

I totally hear you, I do not see myself in any wedding dresses. Good thing since I will never be wearing one!
27.gif

What''s new with you? Getting super excited to see your honey?
36.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results