shape
carat
color
clarity

***Paging Anchor31***

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Anchor31,
I hope you don''t mind me asking, but where did you find the picture attached?

meweternity2.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! I want to know too! That''s gorgeous!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, me three, I love marquise E/W!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear... Let me hunt it down, I''ll try to find it again!
40.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I found it! I found this one on e-bay.

I found another one on myring.com (the site seems to be down at the moment). I have no idea what kind of diamond quality these vendors have... If I ever get this ring made, I''ll probably go custom with a vendor I already know.

mqeternity4.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love how the first one has those little X''s for prongs! very nice.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
No problem.
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 9:35:10 AM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
Hey Anchor31,
I hope you don''t mind me asking, but where did you find the picture attached?
Okay... I need to find this exact ring myself because I sent the image to a friend saying how it would look nice with her set, she fwd it to her husband and he fwd HER response to me saying - don''t tell her, but I want to know where you got that ring! LOL How cute is that???

So please!!! The reason *this* ring looks so great is because her current ring has those same V tips on the prongs. I actually like the 2nd ring on this page better but it would not look as good as this one.... I''m going to put this in obnoxious bigger font cause I need answers!!! hehe ;-)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra, I clicked on the link anchor31 posted and it is for the V prong one. It''s on ebay and the seller is pompeii3. It looks like they stock the ring in different sizes or make it for you once you buy it. I love it! Although jewelry purchases from ebay definitely scare me a little...I wonder how much it would be to get it custom made elsewhere?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 11:30:23 PM
Author: thing2of2
Cehrabehra, I clicked on the link anchor31 posted and it is for the V prong one. It''s on ebay and the seller is pompeii3. It looks like they stock the ring in different sizes or make it for you once you buy it. I love it! Although jewelry purchases from ebay definitely scare me a little...I wonder how much it would be to get it custom made elsewhere?
I missed a link... hmmmmm but thanks I''ll search this person!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 11:32:05 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

By the way, your new avatar of your diamond is GORGEOUS! The colors are killing me! (Although the face was colorful, too!
3.gif
)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 11:43:45 PM

Date: 4/9/2007 11:32:05 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

By the way, your new avatar of your diamond is GORGEOUS! The colors are killing me! (Although the face was colorful, too!
3.gif
)
thank you :) I took it last summer... but I thought it looked very springish :) I really miss it...
cbOMC96.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very springy! Like a beautiful easter egg I would fight a small child for! Hahaha!

I can''t imagine being without my ring for so long and I just got it! I had to send it back to get it sized so I was without it for 10 days and I got all twitchy and cranky...you had your beauty for months and months so I''m sure it''s much worse! I can''t wait to see your finished ring-your diamond is probably my favorite on Pricescope!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if I got that ring as my wb I''d have it custom made. I know people have had good luck (exceptionally good luck actually) buying on ebay but it seems like those were private sales and this is a dealer. It stinks that there are no specs on the ring (pt size of stones etc). I did a search on PS for marquis stones around .2 ct (as small as they go on PS) and nothing came up. I think the challenge is going to be finding matching marquis stones that aren''t astronomically expensive. LOL maybe I should focus on getting an ering first!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm maybe I should actually read the ebay page before posting next time. Here are the specs of the ring and stones

Cut: Marquise
Color: G/H
Clarity: SI
Carat: 1.50ct
Quantity: Varies
Setting: V-Prong

Ring Information
Metal: 14k White
Width: 2.5mm
Appraised at $2397
Weight: 2.7 grams
Engraving: N/A
Sizing: 4 - 9

Doesn''t seem too bad. I wonder where other vendors would come in comparatively (price-)wise. I can''t believe this is listed at $815.00

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 8:05:13 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I think if I got that ring as my wb I''d have it custom made. I know people have had good luck (exceptionally good luck actually) buying on ebay but it seems like those were private sales and this is a dealer. It stinks that there are no specs on the ring (pt size of stones etc). I did a search on PS for marquis stones around .2 ct (as small as they go on PS) and nothing came up. I think the challenge is going to be finding matching marquis stones that aren''t astronomically expensive. LOL maybe I should focus on getting an ering first!
If you have it custom made, I''m sure the vendor could source the stone for you. I would go with 10-pointers myself.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would probably get it custom made, too, Hudson_Hawk. Although I doubt the price would be as good! But you get what you pay for with diamonds, it seems.

If anyone does get a custom quote for this ring and doesn''t mind sharing, I would love to hear how much they are quoted. I LOVE e/w marquise diamonds and there was just another marquise eternity band on here with bezel set marquise diamonds. YUM! I want one!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 8:08:19 AM

Hmmm maybe I should actually read the ebay page before posting next time. Here are the specs of the ring and stones

Cut: Marquise
Color: G/H
Clarity: SI
Carat: 1.50ct
Quantity: Varies
Setting: V-Prong

Ring Information

Metal: 14k White
Width: 2.5mm
Appraised at $2397
Weight: 2.7 grams
Engraving: N/A
Sizing: 4 - 9

Doesn''t seem too bad. I wonder where other vendors would come in comparatively (price-)wise. I can''t believe this is listed at $815.00
There are 12 diamonds so each diamond if it is 1.5 carats.... would be .125 So actually closer to 10 pointers... hmmm... and that could vary depending on what you wanted... my friend would probably want platinum since her current set is in platinum, but she wants to have her stone reset e/w because it snaggs on everything. Do you think having a 1 carat center marquise set e/w with a row of e/w marquise in an eternity band would look good? I should see if I can get pics of her rings. Her bands are flat with squared off edges and just plain patina''d platinum... one of her bands is wider than the other by a hair - I think the e-ring maybe. I think it is an F IF stone that is like 11mm long... hmmm I wonder how hard it would be to find marquise that were all the same ratio of fatness or whether they should be the same ratio as the center stone... or if that would be just tooooo much east west LOL What do you guys think? I wonder if wink might be the person to source those stones from. He knows everybody LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 9:43:04 AM
I would probably get it custom made, too, Hudson_Hawk. Although I doubt the price would be as good! But you get what you pay for with diamonds, it seems.

If anyone does get a custom quote for this ring and doesn''t mind sharing, I would love to hear how much they are quoted. I LOVE e/w marquise diamonds and there was just another marquise eternity band on here with bezel set marquise diamonds. YUM! I want one!
ITA with you t2o2, but where is this bezel set one??? We should get them all on this page! I did searches on marquise eternity here and didn''t come up with much :/

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the same questions about the ratios etc all matching. I also think Wink is the way to go. Unfortunately I''m still in the dreaming phase. I''m still very much a LIW.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bezel set one was an estate piece from antiqueengagmentrings.com. I think it''s still up on the site but it''s sold. I love that one!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 11:38:02 AM
I had the same questions about the ratios etc all matching. I also think Wink is the way to go. Unfortunately I''m still in the dreaming phase. I''m still very much a LIW.
never hurts to know what you want, right? :) Yeah, wink is the only person I''ve talked to who could get single cut melee... everyone else it would be difficult and expensive because everyone has to take a piece of the pie to make it worth their while as it passes through 3 extra sets of hands.

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t read the entire thread, so I don''t know if the link was posted... However, I love this ring too, and found it here:

http://pompeii3.com/index.php?p=eternitybands&pp=detail&id=532

Don''t know if I''m actually going to get it, but would love to hear if someone does!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results