Brilliant_Rock
CollageMaker_20210325_002429416.jpg

Is this worth considered? 3.05ct, unheated, orangeish-pink

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

5 ct pad, GRS cert

yaygems

Rough_Rock
So update: I decided not to get it since the seller was being very unprofessional. When I converted the USD amount to RMB, he tried to charge me an extra USD300. When I sent him bank conversions, he then sent me screenshots from Whatsapp in which he was showing the gem to other people, before saying to me "if people know a buyer is giving me a hard time, they'll help out." I adore the color, but I personally just found this level of unprofessionalism very off-putting, and tbh, it broke my trust.

Payment methods is what I struggle with. @Lilith112 Do you generally do a bank transfer? PayPal? Transferwise? I've never purchased from IG sellers before and I'm not sure how prisescope users commonly pay? I guess there is more risk doing bank transfers but not all sellers accept paypal and paypal have higher fees. @Ionysis and anyone who makes large purchases can I please have your opinion?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Usually I ask what is the local currency amount they are looking for, and then give the equivalent. So if it’s like a million rupees (just an example), I try make sure the end amount the vendor gets is that amount, regardless of what currency I used to convert to rupees.

Like say if I am expecting SGD1500... I would expect someone transferring the money to me to give me 1500 and not 1400 because that’s what their bank converts their currency amount to. Do to others what you expect others to do to you.

yaygems

Rough_Rock
Usually I ask what is the local currency amount they are looking for, and then give the equivalent. So if it’s like a million rupees (just an example), I try make sure the end amount the vendor gets is that amount, regardless of what currency I used to convert to rupees.

Like say if I am expecting SGD1500... I would expect someone transferring the money to me to give me 1500 and not 1400 because that’s what their bank converts their currency amount to. Do to others what you expect others to do to you.

Yes I understand that, it seems like it can be a bit complicated if the conversion rate and fees are not very transparent depending on the method used. So I'm wondering what methods people generally use and what sellers generally ask for and their experiences using that method in terms of fees and buyer protection if something goes wrong etc.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Usually bank transfers if you get from IG sellers (regardless of country, the US IG sellers ask for bank transfers too) and not much of buyer protection. You take an element of risk.

You can of course go for retail or other sellers with protection but the pricing can be significantly different. So depends on what your personal risk tolerance is. The $ difference to me is personally significant enough for me to be willing to take some risks, but it’s ultimately really up to you. Risk/reward trade-off?

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I do bank transfer in USD. The IG sellers I use have dollar denominated bank accounts for business transactions. Just as I also have multiple currency accounts for different payments / investments with my bank(s).

yaygems

Rough_Rock
How about shipping? I had a look and apparently FedEX and UPS don't cover loose gemstones or have very low limits for insurance cover.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
DHL from Sri Lanka usually

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I've only used PayPal, and for shipping DHL or FedEx. I think it depends on the country of origin...

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can't use Paypal for payments to Sri Lankan sellers, fyi. And certain countries will only let you use credit cards issued in that country. :wall:

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
If you are still looking then you will struggle to come across another stone like this. Stunning. And within your budget I believe.

DC163532-AE6B-40E0-864C-95B377A036A6.jpeg

About died when he posted her.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I’m seriously tempted myself. Only held back by the colour zoning and inclusions. But if it didn’t have that it’d be $25k!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I’m seriously tempted myself. Only held back by the colour zoning and inclusions. But if it didn’t have that it’d be $25k!

Did he quote you a price? I immediately assumed it is out of my ballpark so didn't ask

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah. It’s expensive!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning isn’t it. If only I hadn’t already got dozens of unset stones and spent way over my gem budget this year already!

yaygems

Rough_Rock
Stunning isn’t it. If only I hadn’t already got dozens of unset stones and spent way over my gem budget this year already!

Yeah I know right! Took a break from looking at stones and then saw this one which has already sold, but damn, I would have been very tempted to buy this for myself...
Screenshot_20210424-141411_Instagram.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RMB-USD has been fairly steady! I really don't understand what his deal was, like?? And then after I said no, he spammed me on Instagram omg. I had to block him across all platforms.

What seller was this?

This whole thread is very hard to follow as someone coming to it late. Many of the pictures are missing.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that’s a wonderful addition for a pendant to your ring!
Great find!
:love:

SaltedCaramel

Rough_Rock
I finally purchased one! 2.24ct, unheated, Sri Lankan:

WeChat Image_20210508214046.jpg

That is spectacular, congratulations! This is one of the prettiest pad sapphires I've seen. Sorry if I missed it, but would you mind sharing which vendor you got this one from?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
That is spectacular, congratulations! This is one of the prettiest pad sapphires I've seen. Sorry if I missed it, but would you mind sharing which vendor you got this one from?

Thank you so much <3 I purchased it from a seller in China! :D

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm happy for you! This was quite the hunt! It is stunning! :kiss2:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You picked a WINNER! Love!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results