shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha Sapphire Search Round 2

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Believe it or not, I already try not to comment on prices in the forum unless the price is super duper bad... in this case I actually tried to stay away until @Lilith112 tagged me :???:

I don't mind it! It's always good to keep pricing value in mind imo :3

@voce @yaygems it's unheated! I'll try to get down to USD8000 if not lower :3 vendor says he'll also send over cert pics tmrw.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Actually can use eBay for that. Prices are fairly comparable. I think quite a few PS-ers already use those sellers

Exactly, that’s why I hunt for decent prices. Bigger gems for the same price yo. And bigger halos on the rings too

But see, I have major trust issues with eBay. Gold is gold, and there is no synthetic gold that's got the exact same physical properties, but how do I know the diamonds in the eBay settings aren't MMD being charged at mined diamond prices? At least with Inken, who I'm sure you'll consider pricey, I know she sends parcels too GIA to ensure the melee she's working with are natural, not MMD.

I think there's a ton of selling B as A on eBay in cases where it is nigh impossible for the consumer to immediately prove the seller is selling B, not A.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
But see, I have major trust issues with eBay. Gold is gold, and there is no synthetic gold that's got the exact same physical properties, but how do I know the diamonds in the eBay settings aren't MMD being charged at mined diamond prices? At least with Inken, who I'm sure you'll consider pricey, I know she sends parcels too GIA to ensure the melee she's working with are natural, not MMD.

I think there's a ton of selling B as A on eBay in cases where it is nigh impossible for the consumer to immediately prove the seller is selling B, not A.

If you go in with your eyes open that you may be paying 3-5x prices with Inken and you are fine with that, then that’s totally fine.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So far, the only two options that stood out for me were your original stone that you sent back(for me personally, still the best stone) and this newest option 2ct option looks promising.
The prices are a bit too high in a lot of these stones for the amount of dominant orange they present, to my eye, anyway.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
So far, the only two options that stood out for me were your original stone that you sent back(for me personally, still the best stone) and this newest option 2ct option looks promising.

Yes me too

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
The prices are a bit too high in a lot of these stones for the amount of dominant orange they present, to my eye, anyway.

I don't mind a more orangey pad tbh- I prefer them to more pinkish ones tbh. Hopefully the 2ct works out :3

yaygems

Rough_Rock

Yes that's also a good point, usually pink dominant stones are priced higher so orange dominant should cost less. Now that I look at the video again I think the inclusions on the pavillion could be quite close to the girdle? That could potentially cause an issue with setting. Definitely needs more photos etc

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
B.G.Stones just posted a 2.05ct pad on IG that looks more pink/peach and is not as orangey, if you're still looking. Didn't include a link as I'm not sure if IG post links are allowed.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Yes that's also a good point, usually pink dominant stones are priced higher so orange dominant should cost less. Now that I look at the video again I think the inclusions on the pavillion could be quite close to the girdle? That could potentially cause an issue with setting. Definitely needs more photos etc

Actually, I've found pink.dominant pads to usually be cheaper in my experience :3 Pads with a strong orange shift are usually pricier imo.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
B.G.Stones just posted a 2.05ct pad on IG that looks more pink/peach and is not as orangey, if you're still looking. Didn't include a link as I'm not sure if IG post links are allowed.

Thank you for the tip! However, I really prefer a more intense and orange-y pad. I find that peach pads don't look great against my skintone :)

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I like that one. I wouldn’t worry about the inclusion. Although you sent back a stone which had a minor “feather” because you said clarity was vital so you may feel differently. It’s small too at only 2ct. But the cutting looks better than usual.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I like that one. I wouldn’t worry about the inclusion. Although you sent back a stone which had a minor “feather” because you said clarity was vital so you may feel differently. It’s small too at only 2ct. But the cutting looks better than usual.

Ok! Seller says I have a 14 day window and that it's been tested for color stability with EG Labs.

yaygems

Rough_Rock
I think the stone is beautiful. Love the colour and the cut is good. The inclusion wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but as long as you can send it back, I think it's good. Just try and get a better price.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I think the stone is beautiful. Love the colour and the cut is good. The inclusion wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but as long as you can send it back, I think it's good. Just try and get a better price.

Seller has said the best price he can give is USD8500-- @voce what do you think?

voce

Ideal_Rock

2ct pad. @voce what do u think of the color?

Video closeup of inclusion:

Is this something I should be worried about? Vendor says it's not a feather or fissure- does it look like a trapped mineral deposit?

I love it! The inclusions won't affect the structural integrity, and will be hidden in a setting. I guess it looks like a bubble or a negative crystal.

The price--$8.5k would be OK to me, IF it looks good in person in your (latitude) location. The seller might be hoping to sell to someone in North America for that price. For rare goods, it's the highest bidder that determines the market price. If everything checks out with the color, untreated status, etc, and it looks good in person, I don't think 8.5k is too much of a markup.

Of course, if your primary objective is to get a pad for an unbeatable price, not to get the most beautiful stone, then you would pass, because this is not the best bargain on paper.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! The inclusions won't affect the structural integrity, and will be hidden in a setting. I guess it looks like a bubble or a negative crystal.

The price--$8.5k would be OK to me, IF it looks good in person in your (latitude) location. The seller might be hoping to sell to someone in North America for that price. For rare goods, it's the highest bidder that determines the market price. If everything checks out with the color, untreated status, etc, and it looks good in person, I don't think 8.5k is too much of a markup.

Of course, if your primary objective is to get a pad for an unbeatable price, not to get the most beautiful stone, then you would pass, because this is not the best bargain on paper.

Okay, understood! The seller also has a 14 day return policy and is willing to open GRS-- I'll go ahead and request that as well just to be certain.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the pictures I see- I quite enjoy the color/tonal differences and the cutting. it looks like it will be a nice complement to your ring. That inclusion on the pavilion skin wouldn’t bother me, from what I see of it.
I cannot speak to the price
those two pictures of it are both natural light, correct?
what about artificial?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
From the pictures I see- I quite enjoy the color/tonal differences and the cutting. it looks like it will be a nice complement to your ring. That inclusion on the pavilion skin wouldn’t bother me, from what I see of it.
I cannot speak to the price
those two pictures of it are both natural light, correct?
what about artificial?

Ohhhh that's great to hear!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
So update: I decided not to get it since the seller was being very unprofessional. When I converted the USD amount to RMB, he tried to charge me an extra USD300. When I sent him bank conversions, he then sent me screenshots from Whatsapp in which he was showing the gem to other people, before saying to me "if people know a buyer is giving me a hard time, they'll help out." I adore the color, but I personally just found this level of unprofessionalism very off-putting, and tbh, it broke my trust.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, that's awful! You're worked so hard to get this! Sometimes it's really difficult to send money using the method they prefer. I didn't buy one last week because I made the transfer, then they said they lose money when I do bank transfer. But for me, the transfer was free. It got too complicated and I just plain old gave-up.

So, back to #1? I couldn't follow all the stones. My brain was swirling. :lol: But they sure were fun to look at! Fingers crossed you get your dream stone soon!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that's awful! You're worked so hard to get this! Sometimes it's really difficult to send money using the method they prefer. I didn't buy one last week because I made the transfer, then they said they lose money when I do bank transfer. But for me, the transfer was free. It got too complicated and I just plain old gave-up.

So, back to #1? I couldn't follow all the stones. My brain was swirling. :lol: But they sure were fun to look at! Fingers crossed you get your dream stone soon!

Luckily I'm not in a rush, so time isn't the problem-- I'm just very annoyed at how unprofessional the seller was. He first flip flopped on the payment method, so that took a while to confirm, and then he flip flopped on the conversion rate? And during that discussion, he then send me screenshots showing he's still showing the pad to other friends? It almost felt like he was trying to get me to ~stop being difficult~ or something. Just very irritating.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Luckily I'm not in a rush, so time isn't the problem-- I'm just very annoyed at how unprofessional the seller was. He first flip flopped on the payment method, so that took a while to confirm, and then he flip flopped on the conversion rate? And during that discussion, he then send me screenshots showing he's still showing the pad to other friends? It almost felt like he was trying to get me to ~stop being difficult~ or something. Just very irritating.

Yeah, I would be turned off, too. That is unprofessional. It's not as though RMB is an unstable currency compared to USD. I think it's fluctuated less than the conversion rates between USD and EUR or AUD.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I would be turned off, too. That is unprofessional. It's not as though RMB is an unstable currency compared to USD. I think it's fluctuated less than the conversion rates between USD and EUR or AUD.

RMB-USD has been fairly steady! I really don't understand what his deal was, like?? And then after I said no, he spammed me on Instagram omg. I had to block him across all platforms.

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
@Lilith112

I didn't wanna say anything because I don't wanna get involved, but at least now I can add that you dodged a very obvious bullet.

1) The face-up size of this stone with that massive pavilion would have been 1.50 carats if you're very lucky.

2) Much more importantly: I don't know how this wasn't pointed out, but in a very cynical way it's true that "it's not a fissure" - instead it's a massive hole, an epic surface-reaching crack. The stone literally has a part of the pavilion missing from it, it's obvious in the fourth picture in the first post, as well as the first video in the second.
Note how there are no facet reflections, i.e. lustre, in that area. It's because the area isn't polished since there's a massive pit reaching towards the interior siting right there on the pavilion.

Good luck in your search, it's out there somewhere.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Lilith112

I didn't wanna say anything because I don't wanna get involved, but at least now I can add that you dodged a very obvious bullet.

1) The face-up size of this stone with that massive pavilion would have been 1.50 carats if you're very lucky.

2) Much more importantly: I don't know how this wasn't pointed out, but in a very cynical way it's true that "it's not a fissure" - instead it's a massive hole, an epic surface-reaching crack. The stone literally has a part of the pavilion missing from it, it's obvious in the fourth picture in the first post, as well as the first video in the second.
Note how there are no facet reflections, i.e. lustre, in that area. It's because the area isn't polished since there's a massive pit reaching towards the interior siting right there on the pavilion.

Good luck in your search, it's out there somewhere.

Ohhh thank you!! Now I feel double-y glad that I decided against it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results