shape
carat
color
clarity

Padparadscha journey

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Lilith112 both filigree and satin finish rose gold, plus small diamonds in the filigree! :D

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Lilith112 both filigree and satin finish rose gold, plus small diamonds in the filigree! :D

Ideally would love for that, but I'm having issues visualizing what kind of design would make this work. Any reference pics?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I promise, promise these are my last pictures...but the weather was just too nice! And the pad lit up BEAUTIFULLY in super bright outdoor sunlight (no clouds in the sky today). IRL color is a touch more orange, most accurate representation is the 3rd pic:

1583901266047.png
1583901277533.png
1583901289471.png

Doesn't look bad under my phone's flashlight either:

1583901315289.png

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful. What a great find ❤️

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud.
has anyone called ‘dibs’ on this should you somehow find something else more to your liking - I don’t know how possible tho?!??
Seriously - you picked a winner there.
so jealous.
enjoy it.
and always post more pictures. :)

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's perfect. Glorious. I would go simple on the setting just because the stone is so incredible. It doesn't need any help.

Reactions: prs

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful. What a great find ❤

In bright sunlight, it's like a sunset on my hands! :D

Thud.
has anyone called ‘dibs’ on this should you somehow find something else more to your liking - I don’t know how possible tho?!??
Seriously - you picked a winner there.
so jealous.
enjoy it.
and always post more pictures. :)

Wow, it's super flattering that you like it so much-- thank you!

This pad really does perfom fairly well in a decent range of lightings, from indoors to outdoors. Plus today's outdoor photoshoot made the search completely worth it :D :D

It's perfect. Glorious. I would go simple on the setting just because the stone is so incredible. It doesn't need any help.

Do you have any in mind? Would love some additional inspo :D

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your stone is really lovely! :kiss2: I'm glad you finally found the right one!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have any in mind? Would love some additional inspo :D
I'm the worst person on the planet to ask! I can't decide on anything. Why don't you start a new thread? You will get tons of inspiration pics.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I promise, promise these are my last pictures...but the weather was just too nice! And the pad lit up BEAUTIFULLY in super bright outdoor sunlight (no clouds in the sky today). IRL color is a touch more orange, most accurate representation is the 3rd pic:

1583901266047.png
1583901277533.png
1583901289471.png

Doesn't look bad under my phone's flashlight either:

1583901315289.png

Ooooo, that last photo!:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@Lilith112

I meant the scrollwork filigree could have a satin finish, and small diamonds would be embedded.
It's hard finding stuff that has a satin finish, via online pictures. I just think that theoretically, the finish happens at the polishing stage, and things could be polished to have any kind of finish you want.

1583958102714.png

Is it more difficult to clean rings in a satin finish? Does anyone know?

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Lilith112

I meant the scrollwork filigree could have a satin finish, and small diamonds would be embedded.
It's hard finding stuff that has a satin finish, via online pictures. I just think that theoretically, the finish happens at the polishing stage, and things could be polished to have any kind of finish you want.

1583958102714.png

Is it more difficult to clean rings in a satin finish? Does anyone know?

In theory, that should be true! I'll have to check with my jeweler if she can do it or not, but I'd love for this pendant to feature a satin or brushed finish :D I've been kind of loving Ole Lynggaard's aesthetic, particularly their use of textured gold.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful color! Your long hunt is one to remember & so is the stone!

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful color! Your long hunt is one to remember & so is the stone!

Thank you!! If anything, I should be thanking everyone on PS who helped train my eye and pick out the right one :D

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Lilith112 The few fine pads I have seen where all much closer to pink, most are; this colour is just so rare & a dream! I assume it can become a classic ring, or anything else www

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You have good taste girl.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
@Lilith112 The few fine pads I have seen where all much closer to pink, most are; this colour is just so rare & a dream! I assume it can become a classic ring, or anything else www

Aww, thank you! Actually, I'm thinking about setting it as a pendant with a design like this: 1584062878145.png

Or maybe like this?

1584062685463.png

Not entirely sure how the second design would work though. Any thoughts/ideas?

You have good taste girl.

Thank you! :D

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I think I finally thought of a design I like! I found this design:

1584072191742.png

And I like it's architectural look. But I wanted something softer/more flowy, so then I thought up of this:

1584072178729.png

That way, I get a big of bling, some textured rose gold, and a way to incorporate a lotus motif without being literal about it :D

Thoughts/comments?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the design. I think it's beautiful and different from most other pendants.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design. I think it's beautiful and different from most other pendants.

Thank you! What do you think of doing the "leaf" in white gold and the lotus leaf in rose gold? Or should I switch it up for greater contrast between the pad and the lotus leaf?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Mc Teigue & Mc Lelland did allot of great things with reflecting gold petals behind stones - the shop is closed & has not published archives in any way (eg. this - www ) They are well known here ,(

I can't guess how your sapphire might like various colors of metals; would simply try. [silly: teaspoons are little concave reflectors of white metal - silver ones freshly poished are the best stone displays I can possibly dream of; insulting most jewelry work out there; I would use fresh polished copper as a stand in for pink gold & there is a small YG mirror in the house; your props must be other things; diamonds work with just about anything - too good to be boring]

2c

Last edited:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Mc Teigue & Mc Lelland did allot of great things with reflecting gold petals behind stones - the shop is closed & has not published archives in any way (eg. this - www ) They are well known here ,(

Ohhh pretty! Do you know what kind of finish they applied to get that effect? Satin or brushed finish?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A light satin - gold re-quenched after a first polish.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
A light satin - gold re-quenched after a first polish.

I love the subtle effect! If this effect was applied to both the vertical leaf and the lotus pad, do you think it'd detract from the pad?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Just leaves - www & www / even the pattern of veins is enough to recognize what leaves they are!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
we were writing in the same time

-

The satin finish is subtler than most others, I would not call it distracting. I am not sure I would trust a drawing to tell me what the pendant will be like & there are not many other options I can think of.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
we were writing in the same time

-

The satin finish is subtler than most others, I would not call it distracting. I am not sure I would trust a drawing to tell me what the pendant will be like & there are not many other options I can think of.

Hmm, I see. I'll probably need to chat w/my jeweler and see what she thinks/suggests. I do love satin brushed gold though...such a lovely sheen!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love your new design. Hope your jeweler is able to execute to perfection. :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo I love your design idea!!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! What do you think of doing the "leaf" in white gold and the lotus leaf in rose gold? Or should I switch it up for greater contrast between the pad and the lotus leaf?

Both options would look lovely. I don't know which one I'd prefer! I think I'd want to see a colored CAD before I could decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results