shape
carat
color
clarity

OVERSHARE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone got any funny ''overshare'' stories? You know like... you tell someone their hair looks nice and they tell you all about how their new birthcontrol pills have done great things for their hair, and thier boobs. In line. At the grocery store.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have too many to list...I''ve also overshared too many times not to feel like a hypocrite!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
The example that first comes to mind is when I was at work and the party I was speaking to started talking about her surgery (apropos of nothing), and proceeded to pull up her shirt and show us the scar on her stomach. I maintained eye contact and just kept telling myself, "Don''t look down, don''t look down." She kept her shirt up for a good five minutes. I was dying.

Kind of a nonverbal overshare.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
OOH! OOH! OOH!

I have one!!!! It''s my mom''s story, but it''s effing hilarious.

So around the time my mother married my father, my uncle also (briefly) married a crazy woman. She was a Fran Drescher type in style and voice, and if you knew his second wife (the woman I''ve always known as my aunt), you would think it as weird as I do. My aunt R is very normal and proper, but this other woman was a brash embarrassment of a human being. :)

So my mother HATED this woman, but my grandmother begged her and begged her to be nice to my uncle''s wife, and to spend time with her since no one else would. Being the lovely person that my mother is, she obliged. So my mom and "Fran" make a trip to Macy''s together to return wedding gifts that they didn''t want or were duplicates. It''s a couple weeks after Labor Day, and it''s really busy on some Saturday at a Macy''s in suburban NY, and they''re standing in line at the register with at least 5 people both ahead of them and behind them. And "Fran" turns to my mother and in her extremely loud, Long Island accented voice says at the top of her lungs

"So is Katysdad HUGE? Because Katysuncle is JUST HUUUGE!!!"

...And yes, she was talking about the extremely inappropriate part of the male anatomy that you think she was talking about.

OMG WHO DOES THAT?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!
33.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:27:33 PM
Author: KatyWI
OOH! OOH! OOH!

So around the time my mother married my father, my uncle also (briefly) married a crazy woman. She was a Fran Drescher type in style and voice, and if you knew his second wife (the woman I''ve always known as my aunt), you would think it as weird as I do. My aunt R is very normal and proper, but this other woman was a brash embarrassment of a human being. :)

So my mother HATED this woman, but my grandmother begged her and begged her to be nice to my uncle''s wife, and to spend time with her since no one else would. Being the lovely person that my mother is, she obliged. So my mom and ''Fran'' make a trip to Macy''s together to return wedding gifts that they didn''t want or were duplicates. It''s a couple weeks after Labor Day, and it''s really busy on some Saturday at a Macy''s in suburban NY, and they''re standing in line at the register with at least 5 people both ahead of them and behind them. And ''Fran'' turns to my mother and in her extremely loud, Long Island accented voice says at the top of her lungs

''So is Katysdad HUGE? Because Katysuncle is JUST HUUUGE!!!''

...And yes, she was talking about the extremely inappropriate part of the male anatomy that you think she was talking about.

33.gif
LOL gross!!

I don''t have too many stories. I''m probably a little guilty of it though
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:30:37 PM
Author: Kelli

OOH! OOH! OOH!

So my mother HATED this woman, but my grandmother begged her and begged her to be nice to my uncle''s wife, and to spend time with her since no one else would. Being the lovely person that my mother is, she obliged. So my mom and ''Fran'' make a trip to Macy''s together to return wedding gifts that they didn''t want or were duplicates. It''s a couple weeks after Labor Day, and it''s really busy on some Saturday at a Macy''s in suburban NY, and they''re standing in line at the register with at least 5 people both ahead of them and behind them. And ''Fran'' turns to my mother and in her extremely loud, Long Island accented voice says at the top of her lungs

33.gif
LOL gross!!

I don''t have too many stories. I''m probably a little guilty of it though
3.gif
OMG ahahaha! That is SO freaking hilarious! What did your mom even say to that? "Um...none of your effing business?"

I have overshared myself SO many times, but my funniest is actually REALLY embarassing now - I was in the 4th grade and wearing my first training bra, and I showed it to the class cutie because I was so darn proud. He didn''t even react, just looked and went back to reading aloud.

God, I think about that now and I really hope he doesn''t remember that!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
oh HALLO! YES! i have a girlfriend who i love dearly but for whom NOTHING is too intimate....

she is currently going through menopause and we meet up once every week or two for dinner. each time she tells me in DETAIL about her latest og/gyn appt and how far along her dr thinks she is through the process. she will do this in a restaurant regardless of who is around. i wont go into detail, but let''s just say that when we got to the descriptions including the word ''MOIST'', i just about spat my coffee into my cup!

this lady''s husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year and had a surgery earlier this year. over our last dinner together i got a full description of the process and the doctor''s recommendations. since incontinence and impotence or erectile dysfuntion are the biggest side effects for prostate surgery, you can only imagine the conversation.

the real kicker tho was a call we had shortly after the surgery where she related to me her husband''s recovery. we covered a wide range of verbs and adjectives, including ''spurt'', ''drip'', ''limp'' and so on and so on. i was thinking "your husband would DIE if he knew you were sharing this with friends!!"

she (inevitably) got to the part where she related how the surgeon had advised her husband to ''self stimulate'' as a part of his recovery. she said he had walked out of the bathroom that morning, and said "yes, i ____, but nothing came out..."

i''m on the end of the phone, DYING for her husband''s dignity, when i hear her turn away from the phone and say loudly - "steve, that''s right, isnt it? nothing came out"

he''s IN THE ROOM with her - listening!!

all i can think is that some people are a lot more relaxed about their bodily functions that i will EVER be!

6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Oh you mean, like this conversation...

Scene: Taking the commuter bus home from work on Tuesday...

Man: "Ohh, you have an Iphone?"
Me: "It's actaully an Ipod touch, no phone."
Man: "I have an Iphone. I got it the day my wife left me for my brother."

Me:
32.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Let me set the tone: We were attending my fiance''s cousin''s birthday party. Everyone was outside but I decided to go inside to get out of the heat. MIL was there with her two neighbors (husband and wife), one of their friends, MIL''s sister, one of fiance''s cousin''s boyfriend, and two girls.

As I''m walking in...

MIL: The problem with you two is that you (the husband) don''t let her (the wife) do anything by herself. You are always around.
Man: I let her do stuff alone but I also clean the house so what more can she ask for.
MIL: My husband cleans the house AND let''s me go out and do stuff. Doesn''t Mr. Fiery do the same for you Fiery?
Me: Yes he does (I''ve learned not to argue with the MIL in front of guests).
MIL: See
Me: And what do you go out to do by yourself young lady? ::wink wink::
MIL: I go to strip clubs. I went to one the other night with my sister. We had a drink and had a really good time.

And the rest of the conversation was about all the things she saw in said strip club. And by things, I mean things

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

At one point FI walked in, realized what his mother was talking about, and then walked right out.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has a co-worker that lives close to us and they invited us to meet them at the bar. He didnt realize they had been there quite a while and had drank quite a few pitchers of beers between just the two of them. They are both into MMA and UFC fighting, and so they we were there to watch the fight with them on TV. Well, the husband over shared first.

Me: So, you like jack daniels?
HIM: Yea, thats why I wear the bandanna on my head.
Me: Brad used to drink that, but he''s cut back (brads my DH)
HIM: Yea, so did I. But the Dr. told me that my liver really really bad so I had to quit the hard stuff
Me: Oh

My DH looks at me and gives the the look of "he shouldnt be drinking at all...not just the hard stuff if you liver is that bad!"

THEN HIS WIFE STARTS TALKING! Thats when the bad stuff start happening. One thing I''ve learned is you never discuss politicas, religion, or pro-choice/ pro-life, etc. things with ppl you dont know very well.

So...this is what happened...

Her: So you guys just got married?
ME: Yes, a few months ago.
Her: Do you want kids?
Me: Yes, we''re going to start trying this summer
Her: (face falls) we''ve been trying for a long time. But when I was younger I had one of my overies removed because it had something wrong with it. The fertility dr. said we should be able to have kids, he doesnt know whats wrong. It''s been 5 years...
ME: I''m sorry. I then tell her I was adopted.
HER: we are considering it if we can''t get preggers.
Me: Thats cool.

She then brings up pro-life/religion/etc. and her views are OPPOSITE of mine. I didnt really say much...just started kicking my husband under the table in the leg to get him to leave!
32.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I was chatting with on of the physicians at work. He''s new here, so I was making friendly conversation. I asked him if he had any children, and that lead to him tellling me about his 1st divorce (he''s had 5, but who''s counting) and how he knew it was over because he just didn''t want to have sex with her anymore. And then he proceeded to explain how he''s basically impotent now because he just can''t tolerate his current wife.
6.gif
WHOA. TMI. SERIOUSLY.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:11:19 PM
Author:Gypsy
Anyone got any funny ''overshare'' stories? You know like... you tell someone their hair looks nice and they tell you all about how their new birthcontrol pills have done great things for their hair, and thier boobs. In line. At the grocery store.

RRRRRROOOOOOOFFFFFFFLLLLLLL!!!!!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I know enough dirt about most of the people in my neighborhood (from them themselves!) that I could adorn myself head to toe in bling just from the money I could earn from blackmail, if it were legal. Bad thing is, that I can keep anyone''s secret and I don''t feel the need to tell anyone, except maybe for DH, probably because I don''t care and probably because I feel bad for them that they are so stupid to begin with.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!These are hilarious.

I have to say I''ll overshare on purpose if I don''t want to talk to someone or need to make a quick getaway.
31.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
omg! You guys are SO freaking funny!! I have a few, but one of the funniest ones happened at church. First off, let me say I don''t go often, usually for weddings and the occasional holiday so when I do, everyone notices and is like "OH! Paulaw, we haven''t seen you in SO LONG (hint hint)! How is so-and-so, etc. etc..." You get the idea.
Anyway, a few years back we were at mass for a rememberance prayer thingie for my mom and grandma. My little cousins were there as well, and the youngest one whispers to me that he needs to use the bathroom. Now normally I would take this seriously, but he''s one for wanting to get out of situations and is great at excuses, so I hush him and quietly ask him if he can wait a few minutes until after mass. Fast forward a few minutes and he asks again, a little louder. I hush him again and say just a few minutes more. A few minutes later he silently tugs on my sleeve and has this look on his face and I go to hush him and he practically yells, "BUT I REALLY NEED TO POOP!"
OMG... I nearly died. It didn''t help that we were IN FRONT and had to do the walk of shame through the entire church!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, these are hilarious! I''m over here ROFL!

I once had a GF tell me she recently got some proof that her BF was cheating... I believed her when she said she got proof, no need to hear it all, ya know?

... Anyhoo, she proceeds to tell me that the woman who told her described some extra digits that BF has in a very private area!!! Not only did she tell me this, but she began to DESCRIBE it/ them! Can we say
23.gif
to the power of 10?

I just about passed out! I SWEAR I blacked out for a few seconds and when I came to all I could hear was the blah, blah, blah, because I kept trying to remember if what I just heard was real?

Afta dat I was skrait
29.gif
PIZZED at her for telling me that: I mean, how the heck was I sopposed to look at him in the eye again...

The worst part: she stayed with him... And now I have to see him and try not to faint each time I see him...

Eeeeeew!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
All my friends think doctor = can tell me anything.

True, I hear it all, but sometimes I laugh at the stories I am hearing from my friends. It is one thing to hear it in the exam room, it is another in a social setting with someone I hang out with, although I really don''t mind that much.

I will spare all of you.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE oversharing!!
Part of being human, I reckon.
Reminds me of the old joke:

A man sits on a bus looking ashamed. The lady sitting next to him notices and asks what is wrong.

He says that when he went to buy the bus ticket, the woman serving him had the most unbelievable breasts, so he got flustered and asked for two tickets to Tittsburgh instead of Pittsburgh.

The lady next to him laughs, "Don''t worry about that. We all make Freudian slips. This morning I was having breakfast with my husband. I meant to say, ''Pass the salt,'' but I accidently said, ''You fat bas***d, you ruined my life.''"

niccia

Shiny_Rock
SparklyLibra, curiousity has gotten the best of me...I am sitting here trying to figure out what the hell these "extra digits" are ??!! Maybe it is obvious and flying right over my head, but I can''t think of anything plausible...I wanna know!
emteeth.gif
33.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 11:03:41 PM
Author: niccia
SparklyLibra, curiousity has gotten the best of me...I am sitting here trying to figure out what the hell these ''extra digits'' are ??!! Maybe it is obvious and flying right over my head, but I can''t think of anything plausible...I wanna know!
emteeth.gif
33.gif
Ditto...how can a wee wee have an extra digiet? I mean...thats the only "private part" I can think of...at first I was thinking toes...but then you said "private part" and I got ALL confused!
33.gif
20.gif
23.gif
25.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:48:01 PM
Author: meresal
Oh you mean, like this conversation...

Scene: Taking the commuter bus home from work on Tuesday...

Man: ''Ohh, you have an Iphone?''

Me: ''It''s actaully an Ipod touch, no phone.''

Man: ''I have an Iphone. I got it the day my wife left me for my brother.''

Me:
32.gif

Hahahaha!!! thats good
14.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 11:52:34 PM
Author: redrose229
Date: 4/17/2009 11:03:41 PM

Author: niccia

SparklyLibra, curiousity has gotten the best of me...I am sitting here trying to figure out what the hell these ''extra digits'' are ??!! Maybe it is obvious and flying right over my head, but I can''t think of anything plausible...I wanna know!
emteeth.gif
33.gif

Ditto...how can a wee wee have an extra digiet? I mean...thats the only ''private part'' I can think of...at first I was thinking toes...but then you said ''private part'' and I got ALL confused!
33.gif
20.gif
23.gif
25.gif

haha count me in.. im a bit confused and curious as well
5.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm well, I''m trying to find a way to put it without getting banned from the site
20.gif

Okay, well let''s just say that he has that extra "button" (for lack of a better word and believe me I am dying of embarrassment just typing this
23.gif
) that only ladies are supposed to have.............
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

There! I said it.... Bwaaaahh
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Please don''t ban me from PS?

I''m traumatized as it is already
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:11:19 PM
Author:Gypsy
lol.gif

I don''t have any, thankfully.
9.gif

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
I am gulity of being an oversharer, I think anyone who is outgoing and talkative is. Ahhh I cant think of any specific stories at he moment though.
7.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
The very first evening I met my MIL, she told me the story of how DH was accidentally conceived. Can we say OVERSHARE???

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:21:01 PM
Author: TheBigT

The example that first comes to mind is when I was at work and the party I was speaking to started talking about her surgery (apropos of nothing), and proceeded to pull up her shirt and show us the scar on her stomach. I maintained eye contact and just kept telling myself, ''Don''t look down, don''t look down.'' She kept her shirt up for a good five minutes. I was dying.

Kind of a nonverbal overshare.

OMG hilarious. It always gets me to hear about people doing these things at work situations - I mean, really, what goes through their heads?!
23.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OOH! OOH! OOH!

33.gif

OMG I would have DIED, that is SO FUNNY and so incredibly inappropriate1
32.gif
32.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 1:43:26 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

OOH! OOH! OOH!

33.gif

OMG I would have DIED, that is SO FUNNY and so incredibly inappropriate1
32.gif
32.gif

I don''t even know what my mom said, I''m pretty sure she either ignored it, or shushed her, or maybe walked away entirely!!!!!! I don''t even know what I would have done, seriously... I might actually have died of embarrassment.

Some people are just crazy, there''s no other explanation!!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hoo boy, do i!

i was in the ladies locker room ''open area'' trying to quickly and discreetly (as i am of the more modest collection in these situations) change my daughter after swimming. a lady came in, not of the modest variety, and opened with some nicety while disrobing. i gave the appropriate reply, head down as she was *ahem* showing off the girls at this point. somehow, that was enough for her and the floodgates opened....i learned in the span of a very awkward (for me) 5-10 minutes that her sisters suffered from crohn''s disease, complete with personal details of her sister''s symptoms, harrowing complaints and the entire family''s handling of it. then she started in with her own ailments, and her brother''s as well, and was still talking as i inched my way out the door, eyes furiously glued to the ground.

now, i have committed my fair-share of oversharing i am sure. but let the record show, it was never while naked.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results