shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Overdue pics of my set - ERD/HD e-ring with LM WBs :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That has to be one of my favorite "sets" for a emerald cut I've ever seen. It's perfect!!! :love: :love:

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! I just love those tiny bands with that big stone! :bigsmile:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I only just realised this thread was bumped up! Thanks ladies - it is so nice when other people say they like my set (although obviously I would love it no matter what!)!

mimmyma|1306508362|2931680 said:
Could you please post (or email them to me) some pics of the ring from the side to see the elevation from the finger to the stone. Also if you can show a few pics of the sides of the ring. Sorry if I am asking too much but I would appreciate very much if you can help out with this as we are to meet the jeweller in a week or two. Thanks!!

You have a beautiful ring!!!![/b]

Thank you mimmyma - congratulations on purchasing your diamond! The original link to my engagement ring thread is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pancakes-pebble-erd-ec-holloway-diamonds.137369/. I was very concerned about the shape of the cathedral profile and the height of the stone - I was very clear that I did not want any upsweep (concavity) and I wanted the stone to be set not too high, not too low. I am very glad that I trusted the jeweller to do his thing as I do think the proportions are perfect (if I may say so myself!)! The profile is very airy and "architectural", much more open than some other cathedral settings I have seen - this was very important to me as well.

Hope this helps :)

mimmyma

Rough_Rock
Hi pancake,
Thanks a lot for the quick reply & link!!!!! And what a cute proposal ring you received :)
Finding the right stone for the right price was not easy but now it is the designing of the ring that turns out to be the biggest problems of them all :)
We seem to have the same taste as I had decided to have 2 small eternity (half way) rings on either side of the ER. Therefore wanted a classic & sleek style for the ER.
End of next week I will meet the jeweller and then the making of the rings begins and the wedding is in July in Sri Lanka (Italy would have been a great choice from my side as I am in Europe but long way from home for my hubby-to-be. This way we both travel half way to the wedding ;-) ). Oh yea just to make the matters bit more complicated my hubby-to-be is in Oz. So we have to do great lot of things by communicating over the phone and which we seemed to manage very well :)
I just have another question about your lovely ring... is it possible to know the height of the ring from the finger to the top in mm as I have exactly the same size fingers as you do. It will be crucial to the design with the right proportions. Also for it to turn out nice and not turn out too “poping” from the finger. My personal style is very subtle & elegant jewellery and your ring is it!!!!!!
I am so happy I saw this in time for me to make something similar as I can see the final result of it on your finger (though the stone is bit smaller than yours).
Hope I am not troubling you too much with these requests but I would appreciate very much all the stats you have of the ring just to make it easier for the jeweller with this short span of time on my hands. Also for me to be sure of the final result turning out just as beautiful as your ring.
Thanks you so much!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results