shape
carat
color
clarity

Ovals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I am LOVING all these ovals! Is it just me or do they all look SO much larger than their carat weight?? Or is it that most of these girls have TEENY finger sizes (green monster peeking out!)?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The finger coverage with mine is quite nice.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I so forgot about Madrocks!! That''s a wow, for sure.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 8:33:42 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Supah WOW! What an incredible oval!

I adore your oval ring Kaleigh--it inspired mine!

Beautiful ovals ladies--they are all so lovely!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Wow these ovals are gorgous!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 9:23:14 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
Wow these ovals are gorgous!
30.gif
Ditto...love them!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 9:05:08 PM
Author: coatimundi

It did?? I had no idea coati. That makes me smile...
1.gif

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 8:24:45 PM
Author: tberube
OMG I am LOVING all these ovals! Is it just me or do they all look SO much larger than their carat weight?? Or is it that most of these girls have TEENY finger sizes (green monster peeking out!)?
I have HUGE fingers for PS (size 7). I love love love the spread that an oval will give you, though. It is one of the reasons I went with this shape over a cushioin.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
i love your ring!! it is so beautiful!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And what''s nice about ovals is they look great in all sizes. Small oval? Lovely! Huge oval? Elegant! Try that with a RB...they can look like headlights or doorknobs. Small cushions (while I love em) often can look like wonky RBs.

I didn''t like ovals about a month ago but because of my pad, I am totally digging them and falling for them for sure. They make my fat fingers look better!!
9.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow I just love all these gorgeous ovals
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 9:39:50 PM
Date: 3/15/2009 9:05:08 PM

OMG, I so forgot about Madrocks!! That's a wow, for sure.

It did?? I had no idea coati. That makes me smile...
1.gif

heehee yes!
1.gif

I found PS when I was searching for info on ovals, and your ring came up in my searches. I love everything about your ring, and when I went to my jeweler, I had your ring etched into my mind. When she showed me the kite setting it was perfect! I love oval 3 stones--there is something so complete about them. Half moons, kites, bullets--so many options for an oval! They also look great haloed, ew, solitaire--just cool. (and the spread!....)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 12:01:05 AM
Author: TravelingGal
And what''s nice about ovals is they look great in all sizes. Small oval? Lovely! Huge oval? Elegant! Try that with a RB...they can look like headlights or doorknobs. Small cushions (while I love em) often can look like wonky RBs.

I didn''t like ovals about a month ago but because of my pad, I am totally digging them and falling for them for sure. They make my fat fingers look better!!
9.gif

heehee so true! They do look elegant in many sizes. I love the shape of your pad with the color--very graceful--like a richly colored ballet slipper--so dang pretty T-GaR!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 1:29:23 PM

9.gif

heehee so true! They do look elegant in many sizes. I love the shape of your pad with the color--very graceful--like a richly colored ballet slipper--so dang pretty T-GaR!
Hahaha, go-mah-wuh Coati! (Do you know any Korean? That was "thanks" in Korean). And you summed it up perfectly...now that I think about it, it really does remind me of a ballet slipper. You''re a wordsmith!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 2:12:15 PM
Date: 3/16/2009 1:29:23 PM

9.gif

Hahaha, go-mah-wuh Coati! (Do you know any Korean? That was ''thanks'' in Korean). And you summed it up perfectly...now that I think about it, it really does remind me of a ballet slipper. You''re a wordsmith!

Kamsamnida T-Gar!
9.gif

You''re the wordsmith! I''ll never forget your play--never!
3.gif

Aigoo! I wish I knew more Korean, but I only know basics--enough to be able to communicate with my Korean Grandmother who lived with us before she passed away. Miss my Hal-muh-nee...

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
i''ve posted mine before but here''s a more recent shot in the sun. it''s a 2ct F VS2 in a ritani-esque setting from WF, finger size 5.5

DSC01303.JPG

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Trinity I love your ring! It looks like the ones that I''ve been trying on.

I''ve noticed in a couple of the oval threads that Jonathon at GOG was picked to source the stone. Out of curiosity, why the correlation between GOG and ovals?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is in my avatar. I don''t have any pics on my work computer. I''m sure if you searched for "Hudson Oval" you''d find thread after thread (I like to talk about myself a lot).

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 8:45:19 PM
Author: mscushion
Wow, wow, wow...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
this thread!

DITTO - these are some STUNNING rings ladies
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE this thread!!!! Ovals seem so rare to me. I hardly see them in person, and they''re not very common on PS. I really, really want one, now!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
OK, this isn''t mine (not yet anyway-hee-hee) but I just spotted this McTeigue and McClelland design for my future oval.

McTeigue0343_OvalFloraRing.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 6:26:56 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
OK, this isn''t mine (not yet anyway-hee-hee) but I just spotted this McTeigue and McClelland design for my future oval.
Oh my gosh, NEU - I saw that ring in TGal''s pad thread and almost fell off my chair. I LOOOOVE that setting!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 2:47:19 PM
Author: ScorpioNYC
Another photo

Beautiful! I love ovals and pears...and to see them together...OH MY!!! My heart stopped.
30.gif

The rings on this thread are gorgeous!!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings ladies, and the finger coverage is fabulous
36.gif

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread! Love all these ovals! I have an oval peridot ring... does that count? I will need to take pics of it if it does... and I''ll gladly partake!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow. When I went engagement ring shopping I had my likes and dislikes all figured out. I wasn''t an oval fan... but then this thread happened! All the rings in here are just GORGEOUS!!

Before pricescope I wasn''t a cushion, pear, marquise, or princess fan either. Now I officially love EVERY shape.
30.gif
I haven''t seen as many ovals, especially not on people''s hands. I had no idea how elegant they look!!! So pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results