shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval question- price

sep004

Rough_Rock
I saw a beautiful 4.01 ct oval yesterday (F VS1 Ex VG with no appreciable bowtie). I tried to post some videos but can't figure out how. The price is staggering at $128k from a B&M jeweler! Does this seem high to anyone else? Most of the stones that I've seen in this size/color/clarity range are 90-110k.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just used the PS search tool looking for 4-4.1 FVS1/2 ovals...prices were $63k to $98k. Some B&Ms can be expensive.

sep004

Rough_Rock
It's difficult for me to buy these online because of the bowties. The Blue Nile one doesn't look like it has a bowtie, but I would like to see a few in-person. Has anyone ordered one or two online to see them and then returned them if they weren't as good as the photos in real life?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BN does of course have a good returns policy, but you'd have to check the insurance and shipping costs implications (if any).

Perhaps you could present a list of similar/identical stones and their prices to the jeweller, so you could use it as a basis for haggling?

AIUI fancy shapes are more subject to pricing-by-beauty than MRBs, so it may well be priced higher because it's an uncommonly attractive cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results