shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval cut vs. Round Brilliant dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I'd certainly consider a well cut oval. They seemed to have had a minor upsurge in popularity a while back and have dropped off the radar now. So, that might mean a fantastic deal can be cut to get a great cut oval at lesser price. They are relatively rare as e-rings, if having something a little different is important. Outside of PS, I only know one person who has an oval diamond e-ring. My mother went wild over a loose oval that I bought and loved the unusual shape, so it's now hers and her friends rave over her unusual ring. If GOG had had a nice big oval in stock when I wanted to get my upgrade, I'd probably have bought that and not another RB. The only downside to oval is it's always an oval. There are lots more setting options and re-mount options over the years for a RB than an oval. RBs do not wax and wane in popularity.

Tmissy

Rough_Rock
Happy Friday! I have an oval.....enjoy it very much. Did want someting a lttle diffierent from a round, or princess. I like not running into many ovals IRL. Classic RB can'' go wrong.

Want slightly off the beaten path then yes try an oval.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Scary

Rough_Rock
I have a Tacori oval and I absolutely love it! I love that it''s much more unique than the rounds that I see and get compliments on it ALL the time. See this thread for pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oval-tacori-2620.121569/

I understand my band is thinner than the ones you were looking at and I have to say out of the setting you postedthis one is my favorite http://www.tacori.com/images/jewelry/HT2515RD812X_multi.zoom.jpg. I''m not sure if Tacori can make it for an oval but either way, you can''t go wrong with this setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results