shape
carat
color
clarity

OUR TIFFANY RING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:17:02 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

Date: 3/8/2009 1:49:14 PM
Author: mik3ymomo
Hey Guys thanks for all the nice comments. I have let her know and read most of the comments to her and she was impressed so many people had replied. As for those who think its all about her. Well I am not big on Jewlery but i do treat myself if its something I want. So dont feel like I am too much of a push over haha.
Here is something I bought for myself a few years ago. I had wanted one for a long long time and when i had the cash i bought it. For those who do not know its a Rolex Submariner SS with Date. Its kinda dirty in the picture as i wear it often.
Good for you - it''s a beautiful watch! You deserve something nice too!
36.gif
We just love our trinkets! Here are some close ups for those who like that sort of thing.
This one if for the Guys! J/K

When i bought this I was told
Each Rolex is hand Made and assembled. Each Watch takes one Watchmaker a year to finish. Each gear is hand cut and the Bezel is made out of a solid single piece of Metal. The Face is Crystal and is nearly impossible to scratch. ( I know ive accidently smashed it up against a brick wall and all i had was bits of Brick Rubble i brushed off the crystal.) These pictures were taken years after I first bought the watch and the face doesnt have a flaw in it. The Band and bezel is Stanless and does scracth but can be buffed out easily.
I dont regret buying this watch even though I do like the newer Tags. This watch is Timeless.
Just think how Happy your man with style would appreciate you coming home with one of these for him.
I bought mine myself when i was single. But i would be impressed with a woman who could surprise me with something like this. Just Tips for the ladies! HAHA
With the Ice i see you Ladies getting from your men I would guess they have it coming!

macro.jpg

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
another

watchro3.jpg

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
last watch pic

rolexss.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it''s more important that she is happy with the ring. Congrats!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful! Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 4:38:20 PM

Hey Guys thanks for all the nice comments. I have let her know and read most of the comments to her and she was impressed so many people had replied. As for those who think its all about her. Well I am not big on Jewlery but i do treat myself if its something I want. So dont feel like I am too much of a push over haha.
Here is something I bought for myself a few years ago. I had wanted one for a long long time and when i had the cash i bought it. For those who do not know its a Rolex Submariner SS with Date. Its kinda dirty in the picture as i wear it often.
36.gif
We just love our trinkets! Here are some close ups for those who like that sort of thing.

Each Rolex is hand Made and assembled. Each Watch takes one Watchmaker a year to finish. Each gear is hand cut and the Bezel is made out of a solid single piece of Metal. The Face is Crystal and is nearly impossible to scratch. ( I know ive accidently smashed it up against a brick wall and all i had was bits of Brick Rubble i brushed off the crystal.) These pictures were taken years after I first bought the watch and the face doesnt have a flaw in it. The Band and bezel is Stanless and does scracth but can be buffed out easily.
I dont regret buying this watch even though I do like the newer Tags. This watch is Timeless.
Just think how Happy your man with style would appreciate you coming home with one of these for him.
I bought mine myself when i was single. But i would be impressed with a woman who could surprise me with something like this. Just Tips for the ladies! HAHA
With the Ice i see you Ladies getting from your men I would guess they have it coming!
I have a Rolex but hubby is not interested in one! I have the jewelry - he has the cars. He wears his wedding band and never takes it off but wants no other jewelry. He has probably matched me dollar for dollar over his cars and then some. I love diamonds - he loves old cars. It works!

Your Rolex is beautiful - what are you going to do about a wedding band for yourself? Something with diamonds?

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 10:13:13 PM

Date: 3/8/2009 4:38:20 PM

36.gif

I have a Rolex but hubby is not interested in one! I have the jewelry - he has the cars. He wears his wedding band and never takes it off but wants no other jewelry. He has probably matched me dollar for dollar over his cars and then some. I love diamonds - he loves old cars. It works!

Your Rolex is beautiful - what are you going to do about a wedding band for yourself? Something with diamonds?
Other then the Watch I also Do not wear Jewlery. The Band I got was the Tiffany Lucida Platinum Band 4.5mm. She got the 3mm Channel set in Platinum. We bought them Yesterday and should have then in a week or so. We went to Tiffany in Philadelphia. That place is Impressive. Tracey Tried on a 4 1/2 Carat Ring while were there. $385k! HAHA. Just for Fun of course.
I am also more into cars myself. Typical guy I guess.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring! Glad you got something she loves. I love her new studs, too!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 1:16:44 AM

Other then the Watch I also Do not wear Jewlery. The Band I got was the Tiffany Lucida Platinum Band 4.5mm. She got the 3mm Channel set in Platinum. We bought them Yesterday and should have then in a week or so. We went to Tiffany in Philadelphia. That place is Impressive. Tracey Tried on a 4 1/2 Carat Ring while were there. $385k! HAHA. Just for Fun of course.
I was at the Philadelphia Tiffany trying on wedding bands on Saturday as well! In fact, there was a couple picking out their bands when I walked in and was waiting for a sales associate. Looked like they placed an order as well. Could have been you! The sales associate that was helping them was blonde and it was around 2-230ish.

I really love the channel set band. It will never go out of style, just like the classic engagement ring you chose!

It seems like you have great taste in jewelery for your fiance. She is very lucky to have a future husband who enjoys buying jewelery for her. Your watch is very classic as well. I''m sure you''ll have it for many years to come. I bought a Movado for my fiance for our 1 year dating anniversary. He loves it as he has never had a nice watch before. Big step up to get to the Rolex though! Perhaps for our 10 year wedding anniversary.
41.gif

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
It is a beautiful ring and the channel set band goes nicely with it
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! I''d love to see even more photos
30.gif

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 9:12:23 AM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/9/2009 1:16:44 AM

I was at the Philadelphia Tiffany trying on wedding bands on Saturday as well! In fact, there was a couple picking out their bands when I walked in and was waiting for a sales associate. Looked like they placed an order as well. Could have been you! The sales associate that was helping them was blonde and it was around 2-230ish.

I really love the channel set band. It will never go out of style, just like the classic engagement ring you chose!

It seems like you have great taste in jewelery for your fiance. She is very lucky to have a future husband who enjoys buying jewelery for her. Your watch is very classic as well. I''m sure you''ll have it for many years to come. I bought a Movado for my fiance for our 1 year dating anniversary. He loves it as he has never had a nice watch before. Big step up to get to the Rolex though! Perhaps for our 10 year wedding anniversary.
41.gif
WOW! That was us! I did notice you as well? Did you happen to be with a Strawberry Blonde Gentleman and an Asian Sales associate helping you by chance?
Isnt the Philly Tiffany amazing?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 12:37:58 PM

WOW! That was us! I did notice you as well? Did you happen to be with a Strawberry Blonde Gentleman and an Asian Sales associate helping you by chance?
Nope that wasn''t me but I do know the couple you are talking about. I saw them looking at necklaces. I was by myself in a pink jacket. Once the sales associate came over to me I was over by the desk you were sitting at with the blonde sales associate looking at the WBs just to your left. I was curious what you guys were buying but i didn''t want to be nosey.
1.gif

Thats just too funny though. What a small world.

That Tiffany is pretty nice. I like how friendly the sales associates are. They are generally more willing to show you stuff (without acting slightly inconvenienced) than the King of Prussia sales assocaites. They also have a much larger selection of bands and rings since its simply a bigger store. I think I tried on everything they had that would fit on my finger on Saturday. My fiance was out enjoying beer week so I had some time to kill.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Classic and lovely!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very Pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 2:19:52 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/9/2009 12:37:58 PM

Nope that wasn''t me but I do know the couple you are talking about. I saw them looking at necklaces. I was by myself in a pink jacket. Once the sales associate came over to me I was over by the desk you were sitting at with the blonde sales associate looking at the WBs just to your left. I was curious what you guys were buying but i didn''t want to be nosey.
1.gif

Thats just too funny though. What a small world.

That Tiffany is pretty nice. I like how friendly the sales associates are. They are generally more willing to show you stuff (without acting slightly inconvenienced) than the King of Prussia sales assocaites. They also have a much larger selection of bands and rings since its simply a bigger store. I think I tried on everything they had that would fit on my finger on Saturday. My fiance was out enjoying beer week so I had some time to kill.
What a hoot - small world, huh? Sounds like another PS GTG in the making!

mik3ymomo

Rough_Rock
It is a small world, you could have said hello and asked what we were looking at.

Also I contacted Whiteflash today and I think we are going to go with their 3 prong tennis bracelet in white gold. I am thinking the 3 carat should be big enough and its the right price. If these are ideal cut VS stones with g-f color it should really look amazing.
Just the kind of stuff she is looking for. With the Reputation White Flash has on here I dont mind taking the chance and they have a decent return policy in case we dont care for it once we get it.

We are not usually the type to pay retail for anything. It just so happens Tiffany really won us over with their service, selection, consistant quality and it was exactly what she wanted.

Alot of people scoff at Tiffany here and I understand their points profoundly. While shopping I had a good grasp on the 4 C''s and I felt like i was looking at some of the best stuff. (dimensions eluded me until finding this site). One thing that bugged me was most shops had very few diamonds on hand that met my criteria. I went to nearly every store i could find to compare price and selection. I didnt go into this half cocked and I knew Tiffany was going to be a premium but i went everywhere i could think of before making the purchase.
Nearly every shop I went to had a slim selection of what i would call top notch diamonds and thier prices were not exactly a bargain.

Sure you can buy a Diamiond sight unseen and it may pay off for some people but you take a genuine risk in doing so. This site has to be a God send for people who dont mind buying a Diamond online and probably saved them thousands. I just knew how important the Tiffany setting was for her and if it wasnt such a winner everyone on earth wouldnt be trying to copy it is name and design. As far as emotional purchases this has to rank up there at or near #1.
The Blue Box was a nice touch as Tiffany''s Reputation Proceeds it.
Ferrari didnt get to be Ferrari by making boring undesirable cars just like Tiffany didnt get where it is today without building over a Century of quality product and service with cutting edge and timeless designs.

I go to Tiffany and I dont have to Sift through what the Salesman is trying to pitch me as a great Diamond. Alot of other stores I feel like I am buying a used Car here in NJ but not with Tiffany.
I wouldnt say I am overly sophisticated I dont have to have High Tea with my Girlfriend or anything but i can fully appreciate the shopping experience with them.

FYI this wasnt my first Engagement ring purchase. About 10 years ago I had my first go around and bought a diamond from a Broker at an Amazing price later to unload it and got all my money back. It was a quality stone so I am not saying you cannot buy elsewhere with success or satisfaction.
This time it was more about what she wanted and I just wanted to make a case for a place I find deserves a bit more credit then they receive here.
Just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results