shape
carat
color
clarity

Our engagement ring!! Thank you WINK and WHITEFLASH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out beautiful Jen!!!!
30.gif
Congrats to you and Paul
36.gif
It does sit much lower than mine...Wink''s people do great work
1.gif

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful! I am very new to this whole diamond game. What would the proper name be for a cathedral setting exactly like yours, but with a 6-prong instead of a tulip? My boyfriend has asked what my preferences are. I am going to tell him that I love either the tulip or (insert the proper name here) high cathedral setting with 6-prong head. Thanks Folks!
ChelseaL

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you posted pictures of your beauty! I love it, it''s so unique and gorgeous! Congrats again!
30.gif
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Chelsea, my band is called Roseco cathedral, and it''s 2.5mm, and I LOVE that thickness. Not too much at all, and yet, not flimsy feeling. The tulip head was dropped in; from what I understand, you can add any sort of head to the shank *band* that you want to.

Someone else asked about Argh&Stuff, and yes, I''m his fiancee. He was planning on surprising me, but I caught wind. Still he was able to surprise me, though, because I never knew for SURE that he''d gotten the setting I loved. He sort of said he''d decided he liked a tulip head as a plain solitaire better, and he''d decide between the two. So, he still got his surprise factor in. And even after seeing pictures of what it *could* look like all put together, I had NO idea it''d be as pretty and perfect for my hand as it is.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so pretty fishie...!!! love that tulip head and the diamond ain''t bad either!
2.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mara! I am still striving to get a picture that''s as capturing of the sparkle factor as your pictures are. Hahaha. I *LOVE* the diamond.

peacelilytulip.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Again, resting on a soon-to-open bud.

tulipflower2.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how I love your ring. The profile is simply gorgeous. Congratulations to you both.

Linda

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Making friends with a baby size rose.

tuliprosebaby.JPG

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
with a purply bluey rod kind of flowery thing:

tulipwithpurplerod.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love the flower shots!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO elegant and graceful! That tulip head is TDF! And I love how the prongs sit at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o''clock. A subtle deviation from the norm....way cool!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Small,

I didn''t realize there was that much difference in height on our rings. Wow! However, even if your ring was dropped down so the diamond sat between the cathedraled curves, it wouldn''t fit! Your diamond is too big! Hee hee. You have a beautiful ring!

Ooh, and I know I''ve said this like tons of times now, but really, everyone here who helped my boy, I thank you. Sincerely. We wouldn''t have this ring, had we not gotten advice and assistance and PICTURES from you all. Our diamond wouldn''t be the sparkler that it is, either. I can''t tell you how many times I''ve heard in the *real world* that my diamond sparkles MUCH more than other diamonds seen around here, and how it looks SO much bigger than 1/2 carat. Yay! We love it, and we thank you for the time and effort you put in to help us find it. *And for helping Paul to get over the whole buying online thing.*

THANKS!!!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
The Tulip head is gorgeous. You know this means you''ll have to get a few shots of it on a tulip. Missed tulip season this year, but perhaps they grow them in greenhouses somewhere. The watch was a great idea. It doesn''t seem fair that we get this nice ring and they guy doesn''t get anything. Glad to see someone else wants to change that tradition. Ok, maybe I just want an excuse to shop.

I didn''t see your proposal story, but I read about your weekend in Tybee & Savannah. We went to both on a vacation earlier this year and I could picture you (sorry if I pictured you as a giant fish) in all the places we went wondering if it was going to happen here or there. ARGH&STUFF''s Guy "in waiting" post is so very sweet. Congratulations to you both.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s so sweet, BlueKeet. Thank you! I''ve been thinking about going to look for a tulip at a florist. A side by side shot would be pretty, no?
30.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I think this picture almost shows arrows. And good flipping grief, it shows how WHITE a J can be, too. And how BIG it can appear. I just love my ring!

Ooh again! I went to a jewelry store today to look at wedding bands, and can I just tell you how INSANELY SPARKLY my diamond is under their lights? It blew away stones MUCH bigger than it by sparkle factor. Yipppeee! Yay for Pricescope teaching my boy so much!

Anyway, back to the picture I was so proud of for today:

closeuptulippattern.JPG

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 7:21:22 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Ooh, I think this picture almost shows arrows. And good flipping grief, it shows how WHITE a J can be, too. And how BIG it can appear. I just love my ring!

Ooh again! I went to a jewelry store today to look at wedding bands, and can I just tell you how INSANELY SPARKLY my diamond is under their lights? It blew away stones MUCH bigger than it by sparkle factor. Yipppeee! Yay for Pricescope teaching my boy so much!

Anyway, back to the picture I was so proud of for today:
First off congratulations fisherofmengirly!!! Your ring is beautiful!!! and if you are like me, you want to take home the lights from the Jewelry stores - giggle Nice pics for sure :}:} Have fun with your new ring ;} I took tons of pics and have had my ring since July 13th, and I am still taking pics once in a while - lol .. my sister thinks I am crazy - lol...wear it in good health and many happy years to come :}

Wifey2b :}

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! I think it''s wonderful that so much thought was put into your ring. Beautiful stone and setting.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Stone Hunter.
9.gif

We''re very happy with it. Paul told me today he has been missing his fiancee *and* her ring. He apparently took peeks at it often while it was in his posession. Heehee.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fisher, it''s just gorgeous. Sorry I didn''t see this thread sooner... I love the way it looks on your long, elegant fingers, and I just love the tulip/lily setting! You are one lucky girl! Congrats again on your engagement and best wishes for a beautiful and wonderful wedding of yours and Paul''s dreams.
36.gif
35.gif
1.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 7:43:21 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
Small,

I didn''t realize there was that much difference in height on our rings. Wow! However, even if your ring was dropped down so the diamond sat between the cathedraled curves, it wouldn''t fit! Your diamond is too big! Hee hee. You have a beautiful ring!

Ooh, and I know I''ve said this like tons of times now, but really, everyone here who helped my boy, I thank you. Sincerely. We wouldn''t have this ring, had we not gotten advice and assistance and PICTURES from you all. Our diamond wouldn''t be the sparkler that it is, either. I can''t tell you how many times I''ve heard in the *real world* that my diamond sparkles MUCH more than other diamonds seen around here, and how it looks SO much bigger than 1/2 carat. Yay! We love it, and we thank you for the time and effort you put in to help us find it. *And for helping Paul to get over the whole buying online thing.*

THANKS!!!
LOL...jen my diamond isn''t near as big as most on here so it definitely would fit LOL but thanks for the compliment. I actually like it up high. It definitely stands out and makes the diamond look bigger than it is. It was an adjustment for me as I own a marquise diamond as my original e-ring and it sits a bit lower but the sparkle and the beauty of my round diamond made the adjustment that much easier. My husband wanted to buy me a round in the first place but all of my friends had marquises and I was so adament about not liking the round. I always told him a 1ct looked too small on my finger...little did I know those that I were trying on were so poorly cut that they were looking small and dull LOL. I too am thankful for pricescope. I would have never gotten the deal or the incredible diamond I got if I wouldn''t have stumbled onto this website
1.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Small, I totally hear you on the size/cut thing making a difference. I have a friend at work with a diamond that''s also 1/2 carat, and mine looks TONS bigger. Today we compared side by side on my finger, and it''s WAY more sparkly with those awesome flashes of colors, but it''s also literally bigger. I think maybe it''s cut deeper than mine, because the pointy part of hers is definitely longer than mine. I guess that''s kind of like *lost* carat size for the buck.

Anyway, I swear the comments I get just blow me away. It''s not big by any means, but it does really look big on my finger, and the sparkle kind of makes it "pop."

I love the setting, and all that worry I had about knocking it around on things hasn''t happened yet. Yay! Now watch me smack it good within an hour or two. Heehee.

And doesn''t the band feel so nice on? It''s not so thin that it makes the diamond want to slide from side to side on your hand, and it''s not so wide that it''s uncomfortable. I just adore it.

I still haven''t given it a bath of my own yet. I''m scared I''ll do something wrong. I still think a toothbrush is kind of abrasive for the pretty, shiny material. I''m a big baby, I know. I''ve heard that either Dawn or Windex does a fine job. I have both, and yet, I don''t do it. Eventually I''ll have to. But for now, no bath time yet.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Monarch.
9.gif

I could go on and on about how much I enjoy my ring, but I''m sure we all feel that way about our own engagement rings.
31.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I finally caught the colors in the diamond, even though it''s NOTHING like what it can really do!!

tulipFIRE.JPG

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, Fisher, I love how it came out. It''s just beautiful, white, sparkly, all the things a diamond should be.
2.gif
Kind of scary how idiot proof it can be picking a diamond and setting with those two vendors. (come to think of it PS helps too)
9.gif

Congrats to you both, and thankyou for sharing your sparkly with us.

shay

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
beautiful ring :) it is gorgeous
19.gif
19.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t understand how I missed this thread, but I just wanted to say again how happy I am for you two, and the ring/flower shots are beautiful!!!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning, and I followed your threads, laughing that we had a sense of things and were trying to calm you down! You have nice long thin fingers, too, so it looks good on your hand even more so...Congratulations to both of you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results