shape
carat
color
clarity

our engagement pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
kittybean thank you so much! our photographer is amazingly talented - i was so happy with all of her compositions and post-processing! and yes! you should definitely do them. i hesitated but now i''m so glad we went through with them!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 8:23:31 AM
Author: Clairitek
Date: 10/3/2008 4:29:11 AM

Author: kittybean

Mimzy, I had to log in so late to tell you that these photos are possibly my favorite engagement photos I''ve ever seen. Your style is amazing, your photographer''s style is amazing, and you and Stefan look perfect! Un-photogenic, my foot! You look pretty and sassy and sweet. Honestly, I can see this as a funky fashion editorial--so cool.

Ditto to this. I''m almost speechless after looking at your photos. These are the ones I will be showing our future photog when FF and I get around to getting engaged and taking some photos.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE #13. Heck, I sorta love them all.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

wow what a compliment! thank you!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 9:08:37 AM
Author: Miscka
Mimzy, you are so gorgeous!!! Your FI is way cute too. I love your photographer, and your outfit choices! My favorites are the phone booth ones. Is she shooting your wedding as well?

thank you! that''s so nice of you to say
1.gif
. we definitely love our photographer too, big time! she is so cute - her favorite movie is the matrix so she was so excited that we found a phone booth! and yes, she will most definitely be shooting our wedding !

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I agree you are gorgeous and you guys make such a cute couple.

I loved all the photos! Will you be using them for your wedding photography as well (sorry if already asked/answered...its hard to go through pages when trying to be discreet at work
27.gif
)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 9:27:28 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Um, hello gorgeous couple, and WOW what amazing, creative, fun, whimsical, fantastic pictures! Your FI looks a bit likes Steven Page, of BNL fame, in a very good way. Thanks for sharing mimz, can''t wait to see your wedding shots, if this is any indication of how great they''ll be we''re in for an amazing treat!

haha thank you KimberlyH! and i think so too (of course stefan is much more kissable than steven page
3.gif
!)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 9:58:35 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Wow GREAT pictures Mimzy!!! Random question, what do you all DO with your engagement pics??

thanks! and as of right now, stare at them on the computer screen! we''ll order some prints to frame (and maybe do a snapfish book of them) for the reception and we''re getting some prints framed for our parents
1.gif
other than that, it''s pure vanity
3.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 1:47:26 PM
Author: princesss
Aside from the awesome quality of these pictures, do you know what I love? Your personalities totally jump out of the photo. You guys just look like so much fun!

I really can''t wait to see the wedding photos. These are incredible.

And if you ever talk about not being photogenic again, I''m going to print out a book of these pictures and beat you over the head with it. In a loving way, of course.
2.gif

haha please don''t! but thank you
1.gif
. we are both pretty awkward people, especially in front of the camera, but she totally put us at ease and i''m so glad that she did! we definitely did have lots of fun

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 2:50:37 PM
Author: marchswallowbird
Unphotogenic?? Not in those shots! Both of you are so cute! I like the ones in the laundry cart, reminds me of a Friends episode with Ross and Rachel. Mimzy, you have such beautiful skin, and a gorgeous smile.

haha that''s what i thought of first too! and thanks! truthfully she did a crapload of retouching, i definitely don''t look that good on a daily basis!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 4:05:24 PM
Author: purrfectpear
We''ve all looked at tons of engagement pictures on PS. However, there''s just something about the two of you that makes me wish I could be a little mouse in the corner to watch you guys. You just look like you have a quirky/kewl vibe. I bet you are made for each other
36.gif

oh thank you so much PP, that''s really great of you to say. i don''t know about kewl, but we (mostly him
3.gif
) have a bit of quirk to us. luckily our photographer is just about the quirkiest person i''ve ever met, it was really all her that brought it out. thanks again!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 4:14:02 PM
Author: Linda W
Mimzy,

I have to say, that your engagement pictures are the cutest I have ever seen. They are so different and that is what makes them adorable. I just love them so. I also love your dimples too
9.gif

You and your future DH are darling together and I can tell that you adore each other. Many congratulations to you both.

Love, Linda

thank you so much Linda! we love our photographer and her style so much, we knew that she would make them special.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
zoe, buttercup, cleopatra, stephanie, meresal, lauralu, smurfy, dani, katamari, lliang_chi, dragonfly, bee, sunnyd,loves vintage, cdt, oupeargirl, princessdijon, maggie B, Sabine, LTP -

THANK YOU GIRLS! you are all so kind and sweet! you all made me feel even better about them than i already did! (now i have to be careful about getting a big head about them
3.gif
)

XOXO

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 5:23:15 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I agree you are gorgeous and you guys make such a cute couple.

I loved all the photos! Will you be using them for your wedding photography as well (sorry if already asked/answered...its hard to go through pages when trying to be discreet at work
27.gif
)

thanks fiery! and yes, we''re definitely using her for our wedding!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 5:23:35 PM
Author: mimzy

Date: 10/3/2008 9:27:28 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Um, hello gorgeous couple, and WOW what amazing, creative, fun, whimsical, fantastic pictures! Your FI looks a bit likes Steven Page, of BNL fame, in a very good way. Thanks for sharing mimz, can''t wait to see your wedding shots, if this is any indication of how great they''ll be we''re in for an amazing treat!

haha thank you KimberlyH! and i think so too (of course stefan is much more kissable than steven page
3.gif
!)
Steven Page cracks me up...he''s so quirky and darling (but I think he just got arrested for cocaine use over the summer, bummer!).

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Mimzy, are you kidding me? You're freggin' gorgeous silly woman! Honestly, you're incredibly photogenic
36.gif
I love all your pix. Seriously, it's impossible to pick a favourite
9.gif
Your photographer's style is so artistic and awesome. I'm so excited for your wedding photos!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful photo session Mimzy! As others have said, your photographer has a really cool style, which seems to have suited the both of you quite well. Rather than having maybe one or two solid photos, you have quite a few to pick from!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I love your pictures! My favorite shots are in the laundry mat. It makes me want to go and take pictures now. Also, I love your red shoes. Who makes them?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, these might be my favorite engagement pictures I''ve ever seen posted on the internet. You two look so cute! They are artistic without trying too hard to be artistic. The quirkiness and "cool" of the photos really reflect your personalities (or seem to from the pictures at least!) rather than overshadow them. I see a lot of pictures where the scenery is really cool and the couple is cute, but it just doesn''t flow and looks forced, or like the picture is a fill in the blank artistic shot with a generic couple that you can''t really see.

You reminded me of Jennifer Garner in #7. I also really like the one where your heads are framed with the washer doors. I adore your pictures!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 12:16:23 AM
6 and thanks Dfan!!
this is my favorite.a fun and out of ordinary pic.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2008 12:18:07 AM
I adore number 8 it's beautiful and so original! Your photog is amazing!

OMG

Rough_Rock
These pics are AMAZING!!!!!!!! I am so amazed with this photography, seems like she caputred your fun personalities (and I dont even know you!) which in itself is an acomplishment! I would LOVE for this women to do my wedding - from looking at her blog - you are going to have wonderful photos to capture a huge milestone (being your wedding day) for the rest of your lives. If you dont mind me asking - where are you from?

Congrats!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
I love your photos! Our e-pics are on monday in pittsburgh (we met at PITT and are flying pur photog. out to do our pics there) and I am definitely showing her your pics as inspiration.

You''re such a cute couple and you look beautiful in your pictures - definitely NOT unphotogenic!!!

yarrmatey

Rough_Rock
OMG LOGAN AND VERONICA.

Before I even read your blurb I TOTALLY thought that and then got really sad.
7.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Omg! You are the furthest thing from unphotogenic! Your photographer is great and you guys are an ADORABLE couple! Great pics!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally cute couple, totally cute pictures! I can''t wait to see your wedding shots....

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, mimzy you are Stefan are adorable! Such beautiful photos!
3.gif
You are *definitely* more photogenic than you think. I love the use of the shoes as a focal point... I wore red shoes for our e-pictures, too (and for the wedding, too, for that matter
2.gif
). Gotta give you some shoe love.
9.gif
Awesome!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
pocahontas aw thank you so much! you''re too nice! we love our photographers style too! the bar is set pretty high for our wedding photos hehe

omieluv thank you so much! i''m so excited to see all the rest that she took (she usually posts about 65ish for most engagement sessions). i think we might end up spending more on prints than we originally planned on!

gtn thanks! i love those ones too! and the shoes are from target
3.gif

guilty pleasure thank you so much! that''s such a nice compliment. we were really happy with them - we had talked about getting our pictures done at the plant even before we got engaged (we drive by it all the time), and i just knew that our photographer would run with it. i promised myself that i would never say this, because it drives me nuts, but i can''t help it!: they are very "us". (*shudder* haha). and jennifer gardner, wow, thanks!!

jewelerman thanks! that''s one of our favorites too that might get to frame!

ilovethiswebsite thank you! we think she''s amazing too
9.gif

OMG thank you so much! i''m excited for her to do our wedding for sure. we''re in the detroit area, but i know that she travels to ohio sometimes.

laurababe08 thank you! i hope that your pictures go great! my sister is having her epics taken in pittsburgh next next weekend! you''ll have to let me know how they go

yarrmatey i know, right!!??? i''m still get sad that it was canceled too
7.gif
if only i were blonde, six inches shorter and about 80 lbs lighter!

mia thank you so much! you''re so sweet
1.gif

VRBeauty thank you!!
9.gif
we are nowhere that cute in real life
3.gif

rubybeth yes! all about the shoe love
30.gif
9.gif
awesome!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I know this thread is "old" but just found it!

These are AMAZING pics! Mimzy, are you in Detroit? That factory looks very familiar. And your photographer is amazing, I am not yet a BIW, but keep searching photog websites and hadn''t seen hers yet. I will put her on my "check them out!" list since she is local (I live near downtown).

Cool!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Your engagement pics are fantastic!! They''re artsy and cool with a dash of quirkiness! You are both so photogenic... it looks like you''re both so relaxed and just having so much fun together. LOVE THEM!!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 6:33:43 PM
Author: leeNY
Sorry I know this thread is ''old'' but just found it!

These are AMAZING pics! Mimzy, are you in Detroit? That factory looks very familiar. And your photographer is amazing, I am not yet a BIW, but keep searching photog websites and hadn''t seen hers yet. I will put her on my ''check them out!'' list since she is local (I live near downtown).

Cool!

oh thank you so much! we''re actually downriver, that factory is on west jefferson at king. we looked FOREVER for a photographer at a million different sites through a million different searchers and hers actually came up on a fluke when i was looking for someone else in particular - it was a little buried! but yeah, definitely put her on your list for when you''re ready!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2008 6:42:43 PM
Author: portia
Your engagement pics are fantastic!! They''re artsy and cool with a dash of quirkiness! You are both so photogenic... it looks like you''re both so relaxed and just having so much fun together. LOVE THEM!!

thanks portia! that''s so nice of you - and we definitely did have a lot of fun
9.gif
(especially me because it gave me the excuse to kiss him for pretty much three hours straight
31.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results