shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW OTL's acquisition

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
First I have to admit sometimes I feel redundant to open numerous new purchase thread from time to time(I did that for years!). And a lot of times when I am in the mood of sharing something new, yet it often seems not fitting anywhere, I usually end up shy away from opening a new thread just for one ring or one stone, and contribute to the catch all thread. Problem is over time I can't find them easily. Then I saw this week's JOTW an idea came to me, how about create a little space for myself too, where I can post freely without any guilty, where I can post both pretty and ugly stones of my own. :lol:
So here it is... :bigsmile:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
a couple ongoing projects:

1. I am making a ring for my canary yellow chrysoberyl. It's a approx. 1.4ct heart, very beautiful cut. And reason I set it before those bigger ones now sitting in my gem box is the color. I just love it.

_38431.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OTL I love it when you post your stuff, you need to post more often!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
2. A Pad color 3.48ct spinel. It's slightly windowed and has tiny tiny bubbles here and there, but nothing I think takes away the beauty of this stone. It looks huge on me, and has a look identical to a real high-end padparadscha, most of them are windowed anyway lol A Pad sapphire of this face up dimension, without any treatment, will cost me 50 times of what I pay. :D

img_9708_.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
theredspinel|1476217218|4085802 said:
OTL I love it when you post your stuff, you need to post more often!

Thanks to this thread I will do that from now on :tongue:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
3. Almost finished.
It's a 1.55ct no heat purple sapphire ring, original design is to use the same color purple sapphire melee but my jeweler couldn't find them so they use pink ones instead, and it did not turn out good to me, luckily in the end we do find some purple sapphires and they are replacing them now. I should have pictures soon.

This is an original design, I knew this designer who just started his business for a while, and I am working with him on another ring as well

img_12968.jpg

img_12969.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous yellow heart Chrysoberyl and I can't wait to see the finished ring!

DK :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for starting this thread OTL :appl: So glad that my CS collection featured in JOTW inspired you to start your own CS thread. I always love it to see your posts.

You are working on some magical projects. I especially love the Chryso heart. Would love to see more pics of these stones and some groupshots naturally :naughty:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
dk168: Thank you, it may take a while for that ring, my jeweler is reworking that ring, some melee issue.

Acinom: Thank you, you inspired me. And reminds me that I rarely take group shots...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that spinel!!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is what I am wearing now while typing on the keyboard. I call it the Niel ring
The center stone is a 1.8ct lavender spinel, which I bought from Niel, and the setting is also from her gorgeous chryso ring set by CVB. I've been finding lavender spinel for god knows how long, and 99% of them are very grayish. This one is very pretty I see very little gray in it, and it shifts to an even purer color. It's bluish lavender outdoor, and pinkish lavender indoor.

img_8223_.jpg

img_8227_.jpg

fullsizerenderr_.jpg

fullsizerender_.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your spinels - beautiful and hard to find colors for sure.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stones, as always!!!! Love the spinels, but that Chryso is no slouch either!!!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love them all but the CVB ring is my favorite! So beautifully done!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love your threads OTL. Gorgeous new acquisitions. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gems OTL and thank you for sharing them here. Love all your beautiful bling and I am looking forward to seeing this thread grow in beautiful gems! :love:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys!

I have updates! The purple sapphire ring is ready. My chryso needs a whole new design because my original plan with the tsavy melee doesn't work, bummer...

img_1245_______.jpg

img_1247_______.jpg

img_1248_______.jpg

img_1249_______.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL: I'm so happy you started this thread as I love to see your latest acquisitions. :)) I'm especially happy when I see you have posted on it again as it typically means you're back with more pics and more beautiful stones! I look forward to seeing hand shots of your beautiful purple sapphire ring - I think it will be easier to see the full impact of the design once its on your hand.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Gorgeous stuff--especially that heart!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your purple sapphire ring came out beautiful with the new melee. When will you receive your ring?
And I love the 'Niel ring' from CvB that now has a purple center stone :love:

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo! That beautiful heart is SO close to what I am looking for! May I ask where you got it?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
ElizabethR said:
Ooooo! That beautiful heart is SO close to what I am looking for! May I ask where you got it?

I bought it from my email contact :)

Acinom said:
Your purple sapphire ring came out beautiful with the new melee. When will you receive your ring?
And I love the 'Niel ring' from CvB that now has a purple center stone :love:

It'll probably take a month or more, I usually wait for several rings all done and receive them all to get the bigger fun!

canuk-gal said:
WOW! Gorgeous stuff--especially that heart!!
Love it too:)
minousbijoux said:
OTL: I'm so happy you started this thread as I love to see your latest acquisitions. :)) I'm especially happy when I see you have posted on it again as it typically means you're back with more pics and more beautiful stones! I look forward to seeing hand shots of your beautiful purple sapphire ring - I think it will be easier to see the full impact of the design once its on your hand.
Thank you! I just can't wait that long to share them :tongue:

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for answering my question OTL. Was hoping for some help in finding one for myself, but understand if you can't share that info.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElizabethR|1476463793|4087053 said:
Thanks for answering my question OTL. Was hoping for some help in finding one for myself, but understand if you can't share that info.

Heck- Just start stalking Loupe Troop or etsy. You may get lucky! I admire OTL's ability to buy stuff and get tired of it and list it for sale for the likes of me to benefit from! She has a great eye.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your Neil ring is amazing! I love the rose gold with the lavender.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your purple spinel and purple sapphire rings are gorgeous!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1476490121|4087262 said:
Wow, your Neil ring is amazing! I love the rose gold with the lavender.
I agree!
She already knows I love it but I just popped in to say yes that spinel is such a yummy lavender in person.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on Jewel of the Week!!!
It's such a gorgeous design. I love the nature vibe that speaks from it.

_6179.jpeg

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OTL|1476217312|4085804 said:
2. A Pad color 3.48ct spinel. It's slightly windowed and has tiny tiny bubbles here and there, but nothing I think takes away the beauty of this stone. It looks huge on me, and has a look identical to a real high-end padparadscha, most of them are windowed anyway lol A Pad sapphire of this face up dimension, without any treatment, will cost me 50 times of what I pay. :D

What a beautiful stone!!! I have a 3ct+ spinell on my bucket list and this is just to die for!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results