shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordered a Custom Crafted by Infinity Diamond !!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1412089468|3759198 said:
OoohShiny|1411800276|3757723 said:
Exciting!! :dance:

I bet you can't wait :D

I'm excited for you, a CBI diamond that big is going to be phenomenal, especially in an F! The F I have bought is beautiful and I'm very happy with it - it's not icy blue but a lovely neutral colour that is really hard to describe... It's not creamy at all, but it's not blue - it's somehow 'just right' without looking like a too-good-to-be-true simulant that a D might look like to some people, or like the warmer colours that are more evident in bigger stones!

I can't wait to see your review and thoughts when it arrives :D

You must have been pretty excited when you first laid eyes on your F-VVS2 CBI diamond. I bet you were :love:

Did you play with all the other goodies that came with your beautiful diamond?

Another thing that I'm looking forwards to is using the 10x loupe, Ideal-Scope, H&A Viewer, and handheld AGS ASET scope that Wink provides for all CBI diamonds that he sells so that buyers can see the precise CBI cutting in person. Any bets on whether ASET will show much more red from a CBI diamond but more green from my pear :lol:

Garry Holloway also sells these things on his website.
It seems to have a character of its own - sometimes it's quite 'quiet', just sitting there beaming out solid white light in a darker room with no direct light source, and in sunlight it is quite dark (as I understand all well-cut, higher-clarity diamonds are) but in the shop the other day where I am getting it set, it was sparkling like you wouldn't believe :love: and it should be nicely distracting for the other half, who I know will probably moan that I have got her a 'big' diamond, but who I expect to catch staring at it quite a lot ;-) haha :lol:

I did indeed play with all the toys that came with it, I wasn't expecting them so it was a great added bonus! :) It's great to have the tools to evaluate any future purchases, especially if I see something that looks promising in a B&M store, although it will be a while till I can buy her (or me ;))) anything else... lol They are great fun to use to look at the loose stone, seeing the H&A pattern in real life, and also the cool colours in the ASET :sun: but I do think someone in a shop would think "WT...?" if you took them out of your bag and started playing with them! Retailers... I am sure they mostly think "here comes someone else who's been looking on 'teh internetz' and thinks they know it all..." :roll: :|

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1411799693|3757722 said:
That is so cool!!! I am not sure which I am more excited about your 14K flute or your new Infinity stone - I imagine both are beautiful... :clap: :clap:

I used to play the flute as a child many many eons ago and have a really dark and moody sounding silver antique Louis Lot and a bright and tinkling silver flute handmade by an obscure flute maker here in Australia. :D

I am trying to remember the guy in the US that used to make flutes with the ornate leaves draped over the keys - no idea how they sounded but they were visual works of art!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slightly off topic, but I've got to respond to my fellow flutist and diamond lover here.

You are so fortunate to have a very rare and collectible Louis Lot flute. By itself it is a lovely instrument. However, the scale of that flute was A=435hz which is low by today's standards as most orchestras in the US tune to A=440hz. In Europe it is even higher, e.g. Berlin Philharmonic tunes to A=445. My older Wm. S. Haynes flute (also handmade in Boston) was A=440hz, but when I ordered my new Brannen in 2010, I had it made to A=442 (they offer 440, 442, 444, and 446) because they will play in pitch +/- 2 hz.

John Lunn is the guy who makes very ornate flutes as you noted. I have not played on one though.

I was pretty excited when I received my 14K Rose Gold Brannen flute and am sure that I will be even more excited when I receive my custom "Cut-to-Order" Crafted by Infinity diamond.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="cflutist|
I was pretty excited when I received my 14K Rose Gold Brannen flute and am sure that I will be even more excited when I receive my custom "Cut-to-Order" Crafted by Infinity diamond.[/quote]

Cf...any new news?.. :))

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s finished and is in the process of being graded at the AGSL ...

Let’s hope that the lab gets it right (I know Lieve and Paul did!) :mrgreen:

I have not seen any pictures of it, nor do I know any of the numbers at this time.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure it will be amazing. .. :sun: can't wait to see the pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results