shape
carat
color
clarity

Orange blossom setting

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve actually never seen an orange blossom brand setting for sale, only bands previously and I just loved the details on this one so pulled the trigger.

It’s daintier than my other engraved pieces but still lovely.

IMG_3192.jpeg IMG_3193.jpeg IMG_3194.jpeg IMG_3198.jpeg IMG_3200.jpeg IMG_3210.jpeg IMG_3209.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Compared to my 1940s band and VC
It’s not as 3D and crisp but you can still see the pretty flowers. Honestly it makes me appreciate the band more by contrast, which cost more than the setting
IMG_3202.jpeg IMG_3205.jpeg IMG_3204.jpeg IMG_3206.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely find! I vote for the Mrb diamond.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it’s really lovely. The engraving going all the way around is especially special. I would also use the MRB because the white diamond will contrast nicely with the gold color. Nice find.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
The diamond. If ever in doubt…. The answer is always the diamond :lol-2:

I love the detailing on the setting…. Such a pretty piece.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm,,, do I even know where that diamond is though…

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful setting! :love: I don’t think I’ve seen one with orange blossoms either so that makes it doubly special. It’s truly lovely and fits in perfectly with your other engraved rings. :love::love::love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is with the lab diamond.
Honestly I feel like it’d be more special with the sapphire just because it’d be more unusual?
IMG_3228.jpeg IMG_3230.jpeg IMG_3231.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it’s really lovely. The engraving going all the way around is especially special. I would also use the MRB because the white diamond will contrast nicely with the gold color. Nice find.

I'm very new to vintage jewelry and orange blossom branded things, is it unusual for engraving to go all the way around? I've always thought that was sort of the more common thing?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm very new to vintage jewelry and orange blossom branded things, is it unusual for engraving to go all the way around? I've always thought that was sort of the more common thing?

Not sure but I think not all of them do that and I think it’s a beautiful feature.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a stunning mounting. Very interesting to see how it’s a bit more delicate than the bands. It is still a stunning piece and buying a new band carved like that would be $$$ so even better. I love the patina of the gold as well you can’t buy rhat

I would do the sapphire bc it’s so lovely to have a BB piece especially now that he has passed and this mounting deserves something special, and vice versa.

Plus you have lots of diamond rings already!

Gosh are you worried the sapphire is ok in the bezel? Nerve wracking to remove it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely setting!!!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I would do the sapphire. I have an MRB in an antique style setting, and it bothers me. I think the sapphire would be more unusual and special. And yes, usually engraving does go all the way around.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Also, that engraving on that third band in the first photograph is just incredible.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, that engraving on that third band in the first photograph is just incredible.

Yeah honestly I’m obsessed with it. I’ve worn it daily since I got it lol
It’s an orange blossom motif band but not a Traub Orange Blossom branded piece. The makers mark says “loves rose” but googling it didn’t reveal anything sadly.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a stunning mounting. Very interesting to see how it’s a bit more delicate than the bands. It is still a stunning piece and buying a new band carved like that would be $$$ so even better. I love the patina of the gold as well you can’t buy rhat

I would do the sapphire bc it’s so lovely to have a BB piece especially now that he has passed and this mounting deserves something special, and vice versa.

Plus you have lots of diamond rings already!

Gosh are you worried the sapphire is ok in the bezel? Nerve wracking to remove it.

I always thought if you’re willing to totally destroy the bezel then the stone should be ok? It’ll be the same jeweler that set it in there so I’m hoping it’ll be ok. She’s confident it won’t be an issue.
I think I’m gonna do the sapphire :) I think Barry would have approved.

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do the sapphire. I have an MRB in an antique style setting, and it bothers me. I think the sapphire would be more unusual and special. And yes, usually engraving does go all the way around.

Very good point. This would probably bug me too. I’d want it to be an oec lol.
It’s actually why I removed the mrb that was originally in the VC and had a oec put in. Sapphire it is!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so I have 2 options,
There’s this Barry bridgestock sapphire I was lucky enough to grab years ago which is currently in a rose gold bezel. Or I also have a 1ct MRB lab diamond I no longer ever wear.
IMG_3208.jpeg

i actually think that saphire looks good in her present clothes (but poor thing needs to come out and play) so i vote for the diamond

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting! Beautiful detail!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is stunning, MakingTheGrade. :love: The detail is incredible.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's back and set with my BB sapphire, we had to change out the head though as the sapphire was too big and deep for the existing one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results