shape
carat
color
clarity

Orange blossom band 1940s for my Van Craeynest ring

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to the sleuths on this forum who are always keeping an eye out for great pieces, I snagged this from Wilson’s valentines sale.

I think it goes great with my VC ring with an oec.

IMG_2050.jpeg IMG_2052.jpeg IMG_2054.jpeg IMG_2056.jpeg IMG_2066.jpeg IMG_2067.jpeg IMG_2069.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The details really hold their own against the die cast details of the platinum VC which is no easy task.

The milligrain is pristine and I love the detailing even on the side.

Here are the vendor photos for reference
960427 960428 960430

Also Wilson’s Estate is very over the top with their boxing… if you ever want to really impress someone though, the wax seal and nested gold gilded boxes are really nice!
IMG_2046.jpeg
IMG_2047.jpeg IMG_2049.jpeg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Love the pattern on pattern! Such a great look.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks perfect! I like the mixed metals too, it works in this set. What does the inscription say?

I have a white gold Belais ring waiting for me at home! I don't expect such luxurious packaging from ebay though lol

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Yessss I'm so glad you bought this. I was looking at it with dreamy eyes.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect! I like the mixed metals too, it works in this set. What does the inscription say?

I have a white gold Belais ring waiting for me at home! I don't expect such luxurious packaging from ebay though lol

Thanks! The bezel on the VC is yellow gold so it works. The inscription says “Raymond to Fama 12/8/1940” then a makers mark I think that says “Loves Rose”

Haha the packaging was way over the top. Honestly would have preferred less!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It looks lovely with your ring and wow the details are still so crisp!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I kept coming back to it and then Wilson’s had a site wide 14% off sale and I could resist any longer. The matching VC band would have been $2750 so I convinced myself this was a bargain!
Well it was! :)

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I have such a soft spot for filigree and patterned metal

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The details really hold their own against the die cast details of the platinum VC which is no easy task.

The milligrain is pristine and I love the detailing even on the side.

Here are the vendor photos for reference
IMG_2025.png IMG_2027.png IMG_2026.png

Also Wilson’s Estate is very over the top with their boxing… if you ever want to really impress someone though, the wax seal and nested gold gilded boxes are really nice!
IMG_2046.jpeg
IMG_2047.jpeg IMG_2049.jpeg

Love this. What a great buy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a thread on this? It looks familiar. And very very pretty!

No thread. It’s a dbty rose gold necklace I cannabalized and a lab star ruby I recently got from finewater gems lol.

Also was yellow gold rosier in color back
In the 1930s/40s? Or maybe this ring is actually rose gold

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hello ring sibling! That’s one gorgeous band and a perfect complement to your VC beauty. It’s so crisp!!
I think we have a number of elements in common though you have those perfect round blossoms which are *chef’s kiss*
IMG_1321.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg
Also my engagement ring came from Wilson’s!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well hello ring sibling! That’s one gorgeous band and a perfect complement to your VC beauty. It’s so crisp!!
I think we have a number of elements in common though you have those perfect round blossoms which are *chef’s kiss*
IMG_1321.jpeg
IMG_9578.jpeg
Also my engagement ring came from Wilson’s!

Yay ring siblings! Ooo pics of the engagement ring? Haha were you also surprised at how big the box was that the ring came in?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's fabulous and so perfect with your ring. It is in pristine condition!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay ring siblings! Ooo pics of the engagement ring? Haha were you also surprised at how big the box was that the ring came in?
Here she is (nothing as detailed and delicate as your beauty) but she makes me smile and I wear her every day.
And I don’t think they were as .. fabulously over the top then. I feel I have missed out!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
As others have said, it is so crisp! Also, the blossoms look so detailed and three-dimensional. I’m not sure if three-dimensional is the right word, but they just seem to really be bigger and have a more embossed look than what I’ve traditionally seen on bands like this. Very nice!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC rings are the rings of dreams, yours is so so beautiful and this band is an amazing addition to your collection.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@MakingTheGrade I was gonna ask does this band feel heavy and substantial? Or is it very lightweight? I’m considering a similar one but it’s under 3 g and just wondered how it would feel. I really love this beautiful ring.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade I was gonna ask does this band feel heavy and substantial? Or is it very lightweight? I’m considering a similar one but it’s under 3 g and just wondered how it would feel. I really love this beautiful ring.

It feels substantial to me, it's taller than a lot of my other bands. Though if you're used to platinum it might feel lightweight?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It feels substantial to me, it's taller than a lot of my other bands. Though if you're used to platinum it might feel lightweight?

Well I have bands of all types haha! Platinum, gold etc.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I have bands of all types haha! Platinum, gold etc.

haha fair enough. I just find if I wear my platinum bands for awhile, switch to gold makes them feel like air!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results