shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions wanted please

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking of purchasing a Whiteflash ACA in K or L color, under a carat. What color gold would be most suitable? And is an L color going to show a lot of color? Any pictures of either color would be great! Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A K and L will show some tint. I think it wont be as obvious in the smaller L's but it will not be bright white.
Not sure if you are looking at the same size K? I think a K/L would be a good starter stone. In the future you
can move up in size (if you're good with the tint), or move up in color if its a little too much tint. I own a J ACA and
I do see the tint in it especially in my house with taupe walls. Outside and in stores, I dont see it as much.

Maybe you could ask for a picture of a K, an L, and a color you are familiar with so you can see the difference.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These pics show the diamonds in profile but may be helpful

1618067495512.png

1618067513320.jpeg

Hopefully other PSers will be by to post face-up shots of their K and L diamonds.

Not sure if you already came across these, but here are links to a few related PS threads which have some photos of K/L super-ideal diamonds:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/considering-a-warm-colored-diamond-k-or-l.239282/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rings-with-j-k-l-colored-diamonds.237380/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ds-also-opinions-on-blue-fluorescence.240572/

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Thank you tyty333 and Maryam for your replies!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Do you already know what kind of setting you’d like? You could do a white metal for the prong/head to help with the color face up and then whichever other color you prefer for the shank - assuming it’s for a ring :D

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
My original e-ring was yellow gold. No lab certs but the stone has been appraised as J or K. I had it reset in platinum and see less tint than I did when it was set it yellow. It’s my avatar pic. I’m assuming you are trying to minimize the possible tint?

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Do you already know what kind of setting you’d like? You could do a white metal for the prong/head to help with the color face up and then whichever other color you prefer for the shank - assuming it’s for a ring :D

Some type of solitaire, 6 prong.

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Yes
My original e-ring was yellow gold. No lab certs but the stone has been appraised as J or K. I had it reset in platinum and see less tint than I did when it was set it yellow. It’s my avatar pic. I’m assuming you are trying to minimize the possible tint?

yes

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Why hide the tint in a well cut stone its going to be fun watching it go from tint to brightness to color from fire?

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock
Why hide the tint in a well cut stone its going to be fun watching it go from tint to brightness to color from fire?

I never thought about that!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I never thought about that!
imho most of the time thinking about hiding tint leads to disappointment.
Even if they did not see at first the tint it is there and they constantly look for it in a negative manner.
True story:
Went into a room with a lot of yellow brown wood and got very upset over how much color her stone showed because she was glancing at it every 5 seconds looking for tint.
Even after it correctly being pointed out a D color diamond would look the same to her the diamond was tainted and unloved.
If one embraces the tint as part of what they love about it that will not happen.
The diamond dont change, but the mindset about the diamond does.
btw im a fan klmn and beyond diamonds just as much as d-j.

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I know yours is a CBI but it may be good reference.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results