shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this heart shaped diamond?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks bright and the ASSET agrees. I would not know what more to ask from a heart shaped diamond.

Thank you!

Reactions: AV_

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know how you want to set it? I’m not sure I see the unevenness from previous comments, but if it is, if it’s bezeled I don’t think that would be an issue. (Unless it bothers you)
I have a heart pendant (.70ct) in a 4 prong basket & I think you’d have to get really, really close to my chest to see any differences like that.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Do you know how you want to set it? I’m not sure I see the unevenness from previous comments, but if it is, if it’s bezeled I don’t think that would be an issue. (Unless it bothers you)
I have a heart pendant (.70ct) in a 4 prong basket & I think you’d have to get really, really close to my chest to see any differences like that.

I was thinking of a pendant in a basket setting as well, not bezel. But I dont really think it bothers me anyway!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
ASET will help

@
@sledge , My apolgies, my reply was embedded in your last post. Trying again. Below are the pictures I received, but not sure if they are all ASETS??
katherine ideal 2.jpg katherine ideal 3.jpg katherine ideal 4.jpg katherine ideal1.jpg

Can anyone explain to me what each of the above images mean? I recognize that the top one is the ASET, but not sure about the other three. Are they ASETS just taken from different views? @Garry H (Cut Nut) and @sledge , also was just wondering if you have an opinion about the ASET? Thanks so much!!

Reactions: AV_

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Did you end up purchasing it?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry folks!! I hate not knowing how these threads end too, and here I am somewhat guilty of it. I found this diamond and fell in love with it (lol, that sounds a little ridiculous in this environment) before we were ready to buy, so I compromised and its on lay away! All this happened before the virus really hit, so now that seems like a million years ago. I will definitely post pics when its in my hands!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sorry folks!! I hate not knowing how these threads end too, and here I am somewhat guilty of it. I found this diamond and fell in love with it (lol, that sounds a little ridiculous in this environment) before we were ready to buy, so I compromised and its on lay away! All this happened before the virus really hit, so now that seems like a million years ago. I will definitely post pics when its in my hands!!

Yay! We all love diamond love stories here! Looking forward to the pics when the world is right again. Hopefully your new sparkly will give you something fun to look forward to in this unpleasant time.

headlight

Ideal_Rock

That's so great! How nice to have something to look forward to, especially a heart-shaped diamond!!!

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I’m here for the ride! I have always loved heart shaped diamonds when loose. When they’re set, it seems like they lose their curves and their beautiful shape. Maybe those were just unflattering styles that didn’t compliment the stone; I think I was browsing primarily on JA, can’t remember.

I can’t wait to see how you dress yours! Any ideas so far?:mrgreen2:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m here for the ride! I have always loved heart shaped diamonds when loose. When they’re set, it seems like they lose their curves and their beautiful shape. Maybe those were just unflattering styles that didn’t compliment the stone; I think I was browsing primarily on JA, can’t remember.

I love heart shaped gems, too. I agree that they lose their beautiful shape when prong set, but bezel setting helps emphasize and highlight the curves. I have a heart shape spinel that I'd love to set in a ring and there's a heart shaped diamond I have my eye on, for a pendent. My plan would be to bezel set both.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

Yes! Maybe not what some think is best, but I do love the prong set with the smallest possible prong. I showed IDJ pictures for inspiration. I will try to upload one or post a link.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Yes! Maybe not what some think is best, but I do love the prong set with the smallest possible prong. I showed IDJ pictures for inspiration. I will try to upload one or post a link.

I saw the inspiration pic. So lovely! Can barely see the metal!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@Fabulous50 Any word on your heart pendant project?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabulous50

love love love a fancy shape solitaire diamond pendant!!!

im certain, your heart shaped diamond pendant is going to be nothing short of outstanding!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious too! @Fabulous50 did you get the heart diamond?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! I have been dying to post but waiting till it is in my hands!! It will be mine soon - 1.5 more lay away payments, lol. I had started looking before I was quite ready to buy, and as these things happen, I fell in love with the posted diamond immediately. I put down a deposit, IDJ took ownership of the diamond, and we started a lay away while trying to decide how quickly to pay it off. Then the pandemic struck and we kept up a slower lay away schedule than planned. Now, we are so close and I cant wait! I try not to think about it too much! :kiss2:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
All of the people at IDJ have been so lovely about this, fyi. I never did lay away before so I felt a little awkward about it, but I guess this is somewhat normal for them!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excited to see it when you get it! Keep us posted! We dont get to see too many hearts around here. Have seen a few more lately though!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see it! Its going to be beautiful!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I'm curious too! @Fabulous50 did you get the heart diamond?

Excited to see it when you get it! Keep us posted! We dont get to see too many hearts around here. Have seen a few more lately though!

Can't wait to see it! Its going to be beautiful!

Thank you so much for your excitement and good wishes!!! It is so nice to be able to share here. The next month + is going to drag for me!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results