shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 5ct Pear?

stradale

Rough_Rock
@mrs-b
I think I'm just confused as to all the little technicalities of pear/fancy cuts, and I think I was stuck for too long on how the stone appeared on paper and what the GIA report said, rather than simply how it looks in person... but with Covid it's been more challenging to see stones in person (and much of New York has been closed). I am 1000% happy to compromise on certain factors, and know that in this budget I will be doing so. I knew going into the search I was likely looking for an SI stone, maybe with strong fluorescence or another issue that didn't bother me so that I could get a stone with higher carat and color.

This is the one with 51% depth, but larger spread.
37C9C5CA-E94B-4C2B-A9B4-1D38DE6E339E.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b
I think I'm just confused as to all the little technicalities of pear/fancy cuts, and I think I was stuck for too long on how the stone appeared on paper and what the GIA report said, rather than simply how it looks in person... but with Covid it's been more challenging to see stones in person (and much of New York has been closed). I am 1000% happy to compromise on certain factors, and know that in this budget I will be doing so. I knew going into the search I was likely looking for an SI stone, maybe with strong fluorescence or another issue that didn't bother me so that I could get a stone with higher carat and color.

This is the one with 51% depth, but larger spread.
37C9C5CA-E94B-4C2B-A9B4-1D38DE6E339E.JPG

Hi @stradale -

Again, it's always subjective, but I'm not as fond of the faceting on that one. Looks very open on the sides, and with a shallow depth could show you a lot of finger through the stone. I'm not a fan of that look - but it's horses for courses.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure if you're like me, but I don't like when I'm dead set on an idea and people give me other ideas - just because i feel so bad saying "no, I don't like that" - but I figured I'd throw this out to you and please don't feel bad saying "absolutely not" LOL. Since it seems inventory is low at the 5 carat mark, what about a smaller pear and a thin halo to get an awesome pear in your price point and still get the finger coverage?

ER145S-1_900x.jpg

stradale

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure if you're like me, but I don't like when I'm dead set on an idea and people give me other ideas - just because i feel so bad saying "no, I don't like that" - but I figured I'd throw this out to you and please don't feel bad saying "absolutely not" LOL. Since it seems inventory is low at the 5 carat mark, what about a smaller pear and a thin halo to get an awesome pear in your price point and still get the finger coverage?

ER145S-1_900x.jpg

I love that setting. I was still planning on putting the 5ct in a halo ;)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's hard to tell on paper with pears. I have 2 pears and I love them both. One has a tiny bowtie and the other one has none (like zero bowtie). The one with no bowtie, I lucked out. It's an absolute disco-ball. I saw it on Alex Park's IG and snapped it up. Perhaps reach out to him? He says he rejects 98% of diamonds he receives. I trust his eyes. His prices are very reasonable too.

Last edited:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard to tell on paper with pears. I have 2 pears and I love them both. One has a tiny bowtie and the other one has none (like zero bowtie). The one with no bowtie, I lucked out. It's an absolute disco-ball. I saw it on Alex Park's IG and snapped it up. Perhaps reach out to him? He says he rejects 98% of diamonds he receives. I trust his eyes. His prices are very reasonable too.

I think she already bought one… but now I want to see yours! :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the incredibly delayed response everyone. I did get one, but it wasn't the stone I'd originally posted about. :)

IMG_0545.jpeg

I love your watch!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the incredibly delayed response everyone. I did get one, but it wasn't the stone I'd originally posted about. :)

IMG_0545.jpeg

Gorgeous and impressive! Do you wear it with a band or alone? (Not that it's lacking anything!)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she already bought one… but now I want to see yours! :)

Lol. I posted the larger one in the Show Me Your Fancy Color Diamonds.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_0545.jpeg

GORGEOUS!! I love both your new pear ring and your Rolex.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_0545.jpeg

Omg I absolutely love it!!!!

ECMO

Rough_Rock

IMG_0545.jpeg

Wow
That's wild

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results