shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 2.85 round please!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. They do not negotiate.

Is the stone tilted in the images? I would ask about that.

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1467258970|4049957 said:
No. They do not negotiate.

Is the stone tilted in the images? I would ask about that.
Thanks for the reply Gypsy. I will ask them if the stone is tilted in the images. Ok so if they don't negotiate would you say this is a comparable price compared to other similar online vendors or can I find similar elsewhere for less?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You pay for the great service GOG provides. I can't say if that is worth it for you. But if I were buying such a large stone, I would personally PREFER to have GOG vet and help me rather than go off on my own. And it would be worth 1000 bucks (relatively since your stone is so expensive) to me.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also ask if the stone is backed by their lifetime policy including trade up and buy back. (This is one of the reasons for GOG's high price premium)
I thought all platinum select diamonds come with their lifetime policy, but this particular stone only comes with 10 Day Return Policy.

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
I will look into that thank you so much!

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1467270463|4049995 said:
Also ask if the stone is backed by their lifetime policy including trade up and buy back. (This is one of the reasons for GOG's high price premium)
I thought all platinum select diamonds come with their lifetime policy, but this particular stone only comes with 10 Day Return Policy.
Good catch thanks! So I put the #'s into the HCA and it only came up as Very Good. Is that a warning sign?

_1258.png

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are seriously considering this stone, I highly recommend you to ask GOG for GIA report, AGS PGS report and GIA faceware report, and possibly helium report and gem advisor virtual model. For some reason, all these are missing from the listing. Lastly, a video comparing this stone against other platinum select diamond and Ascendancy H&A under different lighting conditions. . You have every right to make such request for a $35k purchase. These reports and video should give you a better idea on the diamond's performance.

AGS PGS report shows any deduction in light performance, proportion, and finish.

Also, I expect this stone to come with 30 day return window with their full lifetime policy. This needs to be clarified.

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
flyingpig|1467316346|4050215 said:
If you are seriously considering this stone, I highly recommend you to ask GOG for GIA report, AGS PGS report and GIA faceware report, and possibly helium report and gem advisor virtual model. For some reason, all these are missing from the listing. Lastly, a video comparing this stone against other platinum select diamond and Ascendancy H&A under different lighting conditions. . You have every right to make such request for a $35k purchase. These reports and video should give you a better idea on the diamond's performance.

AGS PGS report shows any deduction in light performance, proportion, and finish.

Also, I expect this stone to come with 30 day return window with their full lifetime policy. This needs to be clarified.
Ok thanks will look into all of this!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't really need to use the HCA when idealscope and ASET images are provided. It shows great light return.

Always try to negotiate price with every vendor other than sellers like Blue Nile or James Allen whose inventories are more virtual and the sales reps are not able to do it.

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1467378800|4050427 said:
You don't really need to use the HCA when idealscope and ASET images are provided. It shows great light return.

Always try to negotiate price with every vendor other than sellers like Blue Nile or James Allen whose inventories are more virtual and the sales reps are not able to do it.
Good to know about the light return!Thank you I will do that if I decide to move forward!

fair75

Rough_Rock
Based on what I can see on their website, it does seem like it is a decent stone. In one of the photos, a dark crystal seems to be around the center of the diamond, which would require an in-person examination of the diamond to see if it's eye clean. Did you see the diamond in person? If it's impossible for you to do that before making a purchase, did you ask GOG to see if the diamond is eye clean? SI1 diamonds, and even some SI2s, can be eye clean but each stone needs to be examined individually.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You don't really need to use the HCA when idealscope and ASET images are provided. It shows great light return. .

A very important point, often missed by newer members!

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
fair75|1467409660|4050581 said:
Based on what I can see on their website, it does seem like it is a decent stone. In one of the photos, a dark crystal seems to be around the center of the diamond, which would require an in-person examination of the diamond to see if it's eye clean. Did you see the diamond in person? If it's impossible for you to do that before making a purchase, did you ask GOG to see if the diamond is eye clean? SI1 diamonds, and even some SI2s, can be eye clean but each stone needs to be examined individually.
Thanks for the reply! Yes I did see the dark inclusion in the center which could pose a problem if not eye clean. Unfortunately I do not live anywhere close to NY so if I proceed I'll need to trust their eyes. I'll keep you all posted of I decide to look into this stone more.

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Diamond_Hawk|1467419822|4050641 said:
You don't really need to use the HCA when idealscope and ASET images are provided. It shows great light return. .

A very important point, often missed by newer members!
That's comforting to know! Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results