shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this 0.5C round diamond.

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I'm currently looking for a pair of 0.5 carat drop, leverback dangle earrings for my mother's birthday.
I was presented with 2 diamonds from an international seller based in India. The 1st one had amazing specs but the second one rated poorly on rarecarat for cut. The seller assured me that the diamonds look sparkly and brilliant in real life. Is that even possible with the specs below?
They have not send actual pictures of the diamond. Just the GIA report.

They pride themselves on personally inspecting each diamond to make sure it looks good in real life vs just what is on the paper. But I am unsure about this diamond. I want to trust them because I plan on purchasing my engagement ring and wedding band from this if it goes well as the prices there should be substantially less than US.

For these pair of earrings, price was quoted $2,300.

Thank you for your help. I've been reading up on this forum and learned a lot while in search of an engagement ring!

https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=5343607364
https://www.stonealgo.com/diamond-details/gia-number-5343607364

2nd diamond was.

Last edited:

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
Just looking at the report, it is deep at 63% and the pavilion angle is too steep.

I would suggest not buying any diamond without images, even when the numbers look better.

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input. I also linked the second diamond. What is you opinion on the price of $2,300 for them?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd stone is fine, but would need images. A tiny bit deep and the 36 pav angle worries me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps. There are no "amazing deals" with diamonds. You get what you pay for. Of course the seller is going to say the stones are beautiful and amazing.

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Ps. There are no "amazing deals" with diamonds. You get what you pay for. Of course the seller is going to say the stones are beautiful and amazing.

That's a good point. I feel pretty dumb right now cause I feel like I'm letting the seller push me around. At this point, do you think they are pushing lower quality diamonds on me due to my obvious inexperience?

If I decide to continue, what are the next questions I should ask? Two I think are...

1. Ask to find one with closer dimensions to diamond 2, since I am concerned that the depth for diamond 1 "is deep at 63% and the pavilion angle is too steep." (Comment by Mekp).

2. Ask to see real images and videos of the stones.

And if they say no, then I should probably drop them? Do seller often have images and videos for 0.5 carat stones?

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
For another 700 dollars you could have 2 of the finest cut diamonds, best proportions, etc. from Whiteflash.

For the same price or less you could have diamonds that score Ex on the HCA scale, with ideal proportions.

Here is the search I did on Pricescope for G, H, I diamonds . .50 ct

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
For another 700 dollars you could have 2 of the finest cut diamonds, best proportions, etc. from Whiteflash.

For the same price or less you could have diamonds that score Ex on the HCA scale, with ideal proportions.

Here is the search I did on Pricescope for G, H, I diamonds . .50 ct

Thank you! I am taking a look right now

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good point. I feel pretty dumb right now cause I feel like I'm letting the seller push me around. At this point, do you think they are pushing lower quality diamonds on me due to my obvious inexperience?

If I decide to continue, what are the next questions I should ask? Two I think are...

1. Ask to find one with closer dimensions to diamond 2, since I am concerned that the depth for diamond 1 "is deep at 63% and the pavilion angle is too steep." (Comment by Mekp).

2. Ask to see real images and videos of the stones.

And if they say no, then I should probably drop them? Do seller often have images and videos for 0.5 carat stones?

Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it.

Yes, sellers have images and certificates of .5 ct stones all the time. I wouldn't trust them period, but if you do move forward, pictures and videos are non negotiable

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
Yes, sellers have images and certificates of .5 ct stones all the time. I wouldn't trust them period, but if you do move forward, pictures and videos are non negotiable

Agreed! I'm going to email them about the two points i mentioned.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
curious. how did you get in contact with the seller in the first place?

TinsieCat

Rough_Rock
curious. how did you get in contact with the seller in the first place?

i found them on YouTube and watched all their videos, Instagram posts, google
Reviews. Company is Allyoursjewels. All their accounts are labeled in that name. Seemed like it was worth a try.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results