shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on the perfect wedding band to go with my AVC pls!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock
Re: Opinions on the perfect wedding band to go with my AVC p

Thank you everyone!! sorry I won't be able to reply to all the posts. but thanks so much for sharing your opinions with me.
I decide to go to the store this Saturday, maybe I will come back with my final decision. :naughty:

I'm a bling girl so that's why my first choice was the five stone----but as a lot of you said (and of course my bf), it's too much for my engagement ring. I think the smallest I could go on this style might be a 0.5 ctw?? I didn't ask. Oh well, I think five-stone for the wb is out. hopefully I will get it as anniversary gift in the future :naughty:

and I love the bling of the diamond band, but the color difference concerns me. Maybe I should ask them if they can make a lower color diamond band (like I or J color), does this make sense to anyone?

The first beverly K band seems to get the most votes. I like its unique looking, and it also won't have big color contrast against the AVC, but sometimes I wish it has more bling...

decision, decision... :confused:

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

I remember your ring! it's so pretty!
This five stone band showing here has the lowest setting among all the other shared-prong rings we could find in the store, but it's still a bit high for my ering. I saw a lot of posts here talking about the ering damaging problem. so I could only hope someday I will get one for the RHR, and if that's the case maybe I would go for 1+ ctw. but that's another story then. :tongue:

Love Street|1308717997|2951721 said:
I really like the Bev K and the skinny diamond band.

However, I think I prefer the Bev K because it would look substantial enough on its own if you ever wore it without the e-ring, and also because of what you noticed with the color comparison between the skinny band and your K AVC. I have an M AVC (with warm sidestones) and a G/H shared prong band 2.2mm. I wear them on separate hands, but the color difference is noticeable if they are next to each other - I fantasize about getting a lower color wedding band now!

But you can't go wrong with either one - they're both beautiful and complement the ring. I do think the 5 stone is a little overpowering, and shared prongs, while lovely, can be high maintenance with the spacer requirement (my shared prong chewed through my first e-ring after wearing them together 4 years - which is why I now wear the rings separately!).

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

I do consider getting a plain band as well, but I don't think I would use it that much, so I won't get it in platinum, maybe like 14k white gold, or even silver. My bf and also some of my girlfriends think it's crazy to have two wedding bands. I kept telling them, no, it's not! come to pricescope! haha

Clairitek|1308758250|2951986 said:
Skinny diamond band stacked with the plain band! I love this look and rock is daily with my own plain 2 mm platinum band, BGD micropave eternity band, and plain solitaire square cushion engagement ring (that is probably the same dimensions as yours- its just over 1 carat). I love having the two bands so if I want to go a little more casual (or don't want to risk damaging my e-ring) I still have a little sparkle with the eternity.

I'm inclined to agree with your SO on the 5-stone band. I, too, considered adding a 5-stone to my set and I was not only worried about it overwhelming my e-ring but I was also worried about the girdles of the stones in the 5-stone damaging my e-ring setting.

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

Here is the info for the two beverly bands. I think the first one is for the narrower one, and then the slightly wider one. and I got these ref number from GOG,not sure if other vendors would have the same model #s for them.

Bev. k HDWR 159DM
Bev. K 4WR 161D.D

and I did tried some slightly wider diamond band in other store, looks good too! I just worried about it makes my AVC showing too much warmth than it usually does... that being said, I still love all those little blings..I hope I will be able to make a decision soon!

diamondseeker2006|1308771180|2952200 said:
I agree that the 5 stone ring just isn't complimentary to the e-ring. I love the Bev K bands the most. Your e-ring shank is very thin, so you can manage a slightly wider wedding band. I just think that delicate sparkle does not take away from the e-ring. If you wanted to go with a straight diamond band, I think one just a tad wider than the skinny one you are showing would be better.

I'd love to know the model #'s of the Bev K bands if you know, because it helps so much to have real life perspective.

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

Call me crazy but now my ideal wedding set includes:
a plain band, the skinny diamond band and the bev K #1, then I just alternate all of them everyday...
and then have a five-stone band for RHR...

LOL
Christina...|1308795643|2952528 said:
I really like the beverly k band as well or the thin diamond band if you stacked one on either side of your ering. It's funny because I've had my eye on both of these options with my ering, although mine is an asscher. It helps a bit to see what it looks like on someone elses hand. Tough call though!! :love: Cant wait to see what you decide!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

No problem! I had a whole folder full of other people's rings when I was browsing here everyday before I finally picked the AVC :D
rubybeth|1308832935|2952819 said:
BTW: I've been trolling the AVC threads and you have one of my favorite combos of AVC and solitaire setting. Hope you don't mind, I nabbed a picture of it for my jewelry wish list. :bigsmile:

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

Oh and another thing is, the skinny diamond band can be resized if needed (the diamonds go 3/4), but the beverly K band won't be able to be resized. does this really matter?? thanks again for your inputs! :mrgreen:

lopezsie

Rough_Rock

I love the 5 stone! I think it looks gorgeous. I know I am way late on this post, but I still wanted to share. I want to one day have an AVC with a 5 stone, so I am biased :D :D :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nadiamo|1308874486|2953516 said:
Call me crazy but now my ideal wedding set includes:
a plain band, the skinny diamond band and the bev K #1, then I just alternate all of them everyday...
and then have a five-stone band for RHR...

LOL

Well, I honestly think that is a perfect idea! Thanks for the model #'s, too!

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock

I can't choose!! It's either the skinny diamond band, the beverly K... or the 5 stone! Oh boy, they all look so great!! :love:

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock

I like the Beverly K but I really like the idea of 2 of the skinny diamond bands flanking each side of your ER. Good Luck!

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

I'm back for an update on my store visit today. I think I have my final two choices here.
The beverly K band is out..I tried them all today under the sunlight, the metal on beverly K band is very white and still gives a color contrast to the ering. and Sarah in GOG asked if I think I will love this band for the rest of my life..I actually hesitated. so ...

The first one is still the skinny diamond band showed earlier.
The new one is a wider diamond eternity band.The diamonds have alternating sizes, I think it looks kinda unique. the ctw is about 1+. I really love its look just by itself, and also with my e-ring, while my bf still thinks the skinny one shows my AVC better..
here are some photos of the new candidate, sorry for the blurry photos, forgot to check my camera battery so had to use the iphone..

photo 1(1).JPG

photo 2(1).JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

If I'm going for the wider band, I'm thinking of changing the stone color to J/K to match the avc. But Sarah told me diamonds this size with lower color won't have much price difference. She will get back to me with the quotes on Mon. Should I lower the color though?

And then with both bands on:

Hope I could make up my mind within next week :bigsmile:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 5.JPG

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with your boyfriend ! I love the skinny band with your avc :)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

I like the plain band but then again being a guy I have a thing for plain bands because it's our, mmm, most basic choice. I do like it best with your ring though. My 2 cents (and maybe I'm the only one who voted for it- lol).

nadiamo

Rough_Rock

haha, thanks..I think no matter which diamond band I will get, I would still go get a simple plain band as well...
Imdanny|1309170236|2956009 said:
I like the plain band but then again being a guy I have a thing for plain bands because it's our, mmm, most basic choice. I do like it best with your ring though. My 2 cents (and maybe I'm the only one who voted for it- lol).

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I think your new option is still too much for your beautiful e-ring. I like the skinny diamond band best.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Which band did you and up choosing? I love the skinny diamond band, it really complements your e-ring. I would also get a thin plain band for a dressed down look (Not the one pictured though.). And get the 5 stone for your RHR! (I have a 0.75tcw and it's super blingy!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results