shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed on this 1.5ct H&A MMD from Clean Origin

beautifullove

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers,

I'm looking for a 1.5-1.8ct round MMD with super ideal cut quality. I found that Clean Origin has "H&A" filtering in their search tool, which is really nice. I didn't see this functionality on James Allen or Brilliant Earth. (BTW, What are other online MMD sellers which have a large selection of premium quality MMDs? I guess it's a niche market. )

After filtering on G+ color / VS2+ / H&A, and checking the table/depth/angles stats, I decided to go with this one: https://www.cleanorigin.com/round-lab-created-diamond-1a72ed3c03cd/. I placed order too quickly, now I felt a bit upset. Looking for assurance/input from PSers.

360 video and certificate: https://v360.in/movie/344_LG11263614

HCA score: 1.3

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.06.59 AM.png

I'm mostly concerned about stria. I just learned about it, but not sure how to identify. Do these look like stria to you?

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 1.08.38 AM.png

Could you share your opinions on this diamond? Thanks a lot :)

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
I can see Stria in the video. I’m not sure if/how it effects the diamond though. I actually was in a similar situation to you last week. I purchased a MMD from 1215diamonds and then I learnt about stria. The diamond I purchased looked pretty similar to yours in regards to stria. I ended up swapping it to a different diamond which didn’t have any stria showing in the video. I’m not sure if the stria would have been visible to the eye but at least the new diamond I replaced it with is mind clean. It’s due to be delivered in a week so fingers crossed!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert... but I think it looks decent in terms of cut, and the HCA score confirms the angles work well together :)

Stria can look like polish lines on the facets but I'm not sure if there's been any analysis yet of how they might affect light performance.

You've got the order coming and can view it in a range of lighting environments with your own eyes - that will be the best test to see if you are happy with it :)

beautifullove

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! I found that some natural diamonds can also have stria-like patterns, like this one:

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.09.07 AM.png

So I'm not sure whether this is due to polishing issue, or bad lighting.

Anyway the order is coming, so I'll check it with my own eyes and share the update here.

@Eeveepenny hope you to get a fantastic one :)

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies! I found that some natural diamonds can also have stria-like patterns, like this one:

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 12.09.07 AM.png

So I'm not sure whether this is due to polishing issue, or bad lighting.

Anyway the order is coming, so I'll check it with my own eyes and share the update here.

@Eeveepenny hope you to get a fantastic one :)

Thank you!! Please post heaps of pics when you get yours :)

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Here is another mined diamond with what I guess is stria?

20200729_110516.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another mined diamond with what I guess is stria?

20200729_110516.jpg

If it's a vintage stone, that's probably polishing marks on one of the facets.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
If it's a vintage stone, that's probably polishing marks on one of the facets.

Oh I see, thank you!

Here is another vintage stone with the same "pattern" (but not as strong), is that polishing marks too?

20200729_185941.jpg

Attachments

• 20200729_185837.jpg
    20200729_185837.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 22

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I see, thank you!

Here is another vintage stone with the same "pattern" (but not as strong), is that polishing marks too?

20200729_185941.jpg

Hard to tell on that one!

re: the previous one - the lines in the blue facet are obvious, but if one looks at the other facets round the pavilion, the same lines exist perpendicular to each facet, which would strongly indicate polishing lines (I think...).

Stria tend to be in the same direction across the stone, from what I've seen.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Hard to tell on that one!

re: the previous one - the lines in the blue facet are obvious, but if one looks at the other facets round the pavilion, the same lines exist perpendicular to each facet, which would strongly indicate polishing lines (I think...).

Stria tend to be in the same direction across the stone, from what I've seen.

Thank you :)! You're always so helpful!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results