shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions needed before finalising the rock

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Dear Experts,

Been a longtime lurker in pricescope and have gained lot of knowledge :) .This time im looking for professional/expert opinion.My vendor has given me the option to pick up a rock which is GIA certified Triple Excellent,no flourocense .Dimensions are as below

7.11-7.14 * 4.45mm
TBL :58%
TD :62.4%
CA :35.5
PA :41
ST :55%
LH :80%
Girdle : Med to STK.F (4.0%)
Culet :NON
Fluorenscene : NONE

Have checked in HCA tool and it gives me a score of Performance 4.1 - Good .
Im under impression that GIA triple ex doesnt always mean that the diamond is Ideal cut.
My vendor says that this is the best diamond with hearts and arrows ,there can't be better than this.Somehow after seeing the HCA score im not completely convinced .I would like my Diamond to be cut excellent and worth the value i pay for.
Could you please give me your expert opnion about this rock.Kindly let me know if you need any further Details.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Terrible steep deep. No.

Hearts and Arrows is faceting not performance. You need BOTH for a beautiful stone worth spending money on.
This stone is a looser in terms of performance.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your vendor is dead wrong. There can be much, much better than this. I would definitely pass on this one. The crown is too steep as is the pavilion so you're sure to have some amount of light leakage.

Aim for these numbers:

Depth up to 62.2
Crown 34-35
Pavilion 40.6-40.9
Table 55-58

You are looking for a stone to score 2 and under on the HCA.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an average or decent gia x if i am being lenient. No where near the best.

pgilbert

Rough_Rock
Sincere apologies for delayed reply ,was ill for a week.

Thank you a lot Gypsy , MissGotRocks and flyingpig for your opinions/reply and suggestions. :)

Truly grateful to you. This forum is a boon for me where i get to learn many things and also get suggestions/opnions from experts.

I have rejected the Diamond ,guess the vendor is bit upset for not heeding to his advice ;-)
Will keep the advice in mind for future purchase/selection of Diamonds.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Feel free to give parameters and people can help you find a great diamond within budget.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results