shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on going from solitaire to three stone

P

Petalouda

Of the two 3 stone looks you have in here so far, if you go move to a 3 stone, I really like the round with round sides look on you!

What’s interesting is the ring with pears is 1.65 H and the ring with rounds is 1.7 G. Yet the 1.7 looks MUCH bigger than the 1.65

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
What’s interesting is the ring with pears is 1.65 H and the ring with rounds is 1.7 G. Yet the 1.7 looks MUCH bigger than the 1.65

That is interesting, and they are close in weight. It would be interesting to know the diameter of both the stones. Some settings also just have a way of giving a stone a visual size boost. My OEC halo setting did that for the 1.57 stone in it. It was actually physically smaller (~7.2x7.4) than the modern round solitaire I had but looked bigger in the halo setting.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like the pears better than the rounds on your finger! But either way I love a three stone. I had solitaires for years and pined for a three stone for more than a decade. Finally got my three stone this week and it is everything I hoped. It is a visual delight.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8846CA3A-5404-4247-8C93-531342AFB2B6.jpeg 973BC0B1-375C-48B2-954F-C7E30E3BAC8B.jpeg E40AD1A1-9886-4FCE-AB7F-54E26CC177FA.jpeg Thank you all so much!!! So much to take into consideration and I thank you for your input. I don’t want the cat eye look either @KristyDarling. Thank you for sharing your experience with me.

I had my ring resized and it arrived today so I took a few more photos of my ring, the round with pear and tried on the round with round sides as well @dreamer_dachsie and I also tried on the round with sapphire sides.

Such a fun quandary and certainly no wrong answer! I absolutely love the three-stone with round sides on you. :love: Do you happen to remember the proportions? I'm guessing 1:2:1 if it is Tiffany, but it would be fun to know the sizes of each stone. It is a classic look and it looks wonderful on your hand!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually like the pears better than the rounds on your finger! But either way I love a three stone. I had solitaires for years and pined for a three stone for more than a decade. Finally got my three stone this week and it is everything I hoped. It is a visual delight.
So glad to hear that you have your dream three-stone! I can't wait to see it... this beauty needs its own SMTB thread!

Last edited:
P

Petalouda

Such a fun quandary and certainly no wrong answer! I absolutely love the three-stone with round sides on you. :love: Do you happen to remember the proportions? I'm guessing 1:2:1 if it is Tiffany, but it would be fun to know the sizes of each stone. It is a classic look and it looks wonderful on your hand!

Yep 1:2:1. It was .85 sides. 1.7 center. All three G VVS

P

Petalouda

So glad to hear that you have your dream three-stone! I can't wait to see it... we need a SMTB thread!

Agreed!!! Would love to see!

P

Petalouda

That is interesting, and they are close in weight. It would be interesting to know the diameter of both the stones. Some settings also just have a way of giving a stone a visual size boost. My OEC halo setting did that for the 1.57 stone in it. It was actually physically smaller (~7.2x7.4) than the modern round solitaire I had but looked bigger in the halo setting.

Bunnycat, I looked through your former posts and wow! The halo really made your stone pop! I’ve considered halos but for some reason, I just can’t get used to them on my hand. But you have inspired me to try a Tiffany soleste JUST TO SEE.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Bunnycat, I looked through your former posts and wow! The halo really made your stone pop! I’ve considered halos but for some reason, I just can’t get used to them on my hand. But you have inspired me to try a Tiffany soleste JUST TO SEE.

Good luck! I suspect the Soleste is a magic setting as well. Not all halos do that, but some do and when they do- wow!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A round center with pear side stones is one of my favorite three stone combos!!! I say do it! I do believe that is the only 3-stone combination I'd vote for over your solitaire though. I don't care for 3 rounds together. The proportions on the pears to round center is lovely :love:

P

Petalouda

There are some photos at the end of this thread! No SMTB for a while, I am slammed with start of term course prep!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dreamers-reset-project-thread.246674/

And WOW!!!! What a gorgeous ring and amazing reset!!!! AMAZING work by Caysie. I cannot wait to see more pics.

When we started engagement ring shopping 10 years ago I didn’t know about all the designers ( or pricescope). We went to a few local jewelers and just couldn’t really find a setting we liked etc and our eye kept going back to the Tiffany solitaire. The craftsmanship and diamond was much nicer than what we were shown in other places.

I’ve had a great experience with Tiffany customer service and I do love my ring. The only limiting factor now is with stuff like this. I could use another designer but then my ring wouldn’t be a Tiffany anymore and I don’t know if I’m ready to do that as I would like to keep it a Tiffany.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand! What do you teach?

I'm a psychology professor at a university =)2

And WOW!!!! What a gorgeous ring and amazing reset!!!! AMAZING work by Caysie. I cannot wait to see more pics.

When we started engagement ring shopping 10 years ago I didn’t know about all the designers ( or pricescope). We went to a few local jewelers and just couldn’t really find a setting we liked etc and our eye kept going back to the Tiffany solitaire. The craftsmanship and diamond was much nicer than what we were shown in other places.

I’ve had a great experience with Tiffany customer service and I do love my ring. The only limiting factor now is with stuff like this. I could use another designer but then my ring wouldn’t be a Tiffany anymore and I don’t know if I’m ready to do that as I would like to keep it a Tiffany.

Thanks :roll2: We always look back and "coulda woulda" but you are lucky to have a ring from a company with such a long and rich history. Cherish it! And a reset will make it feel like a totally new ring, so I think you should go for it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cool! :appl: I hope you have a great term too! The first few weeks are always so brutal, for my at least. We don't teach in the summer and lecturing again after a few months off is like trying to run a 5k after a month lazing on the beach lol

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to add my vote for a three Stone ring configuration using bright cornflower blue sapphires. My original ER was reset with sapphires. I was given a choice of larger sapphires in dark Navy or the smaller cornflower blue. My MRB 1 carat diamond looked stunning with that bright blue color. You can't go wrong with a pop of color.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to own a round with pears and, looking back, I now feel that the pears were a tad too large - it was a 3.5ct round with pear sides that were .57ct each (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/). It resulted in an "eye" shape that meant the center stone didn't pop as much. If I could do this ring over, I would've used .4 or even .3ct sides.

It's funny because that's what I like about 3-stones - the "wall of bling" look!

Three-stone rings are my favorite so I'm biased. I like both the pear and the round versions a lot more than the solitaire.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny because that's what I like about 3-stones - the "wall of bling" look!

:geek2: The irony is, I'll soon be creating a thread for my new 3-stone which most would probably describe as a wall of bling! :lol-2: (though my ring consists of cushions and not round/pears so no "eye" effect there!)

P

Petalouda

:geek2: The irony is, I'll soon be creating a thread for my new 3-stone which most would probably describe as a wall of bling! :lol-2: (though my ring consists of cushions and not round/pears so no "eye" effect there!)

I can’t wait!!

P

Petalouda

I still haven’t received the quote to add pear sides but I received the quote to add two round sides. With Tiffany’s 1:2:1 ratio they would be two .68 round brilliant diamonds G or H color for a whooping $16,500.
I laughed too.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still haven’t received the quote to add pear sides but I received the quote to add two round sides. With Tiffany’s 1:2:1 ratio they would be two .68 round brilliant diamonds G or H color for a whooping $16,500.
I laughed too.
:eek2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol... you can get a whole new ring for that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results