carat
color
clarity

Opinion on a chrysoberyl

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonyachancs|1377651007|3511051 said:
I have been having so much problem uploading pictures! sigh. what do you guys think about this one?

2013-08-28-08-39-57-1_0.jpg

He (who shall not be named) says there's a bit of color shift, and that it shines at low light - he is such a nice person and doesn't have time for a video, so I'm hoping you guys could tell me what you think about this one. I like the colour and oblong-percentage!

I'm not going to comment on the saturation or the hue because I think you have your heart set on that color. I would just make sure you like the cutting, and how it looks when it's tilted (not face on towards you), as ovals can get half dark on one end, and light on the other when the table is not directly perpendicular to your line of sight.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Sony:

I think seeing a chrysoberyl in person will immensely help you make a decision. Keep us posted!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1377655546|3511100 said:
I'm not going to comment on the saturation or the hue because I think you have your heart set on that color. I would just make sure you like the cutting, and how it looks when it's tilted (not face on towards you), as ovals can get half dark on one end, and light on the other when the table is not directly perpendicular to your line of sight.

Ditto the above. Some people don't mind this darkerning but it bothers others to no end. If you really like this one, I'd order it to see if the colour is exactly what you want and that everything else checks out.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
There is a nice chrysoberyl for sale on loupetroop if you want to look at that one... It is 1.69 carats, similar in shape to the one you listed above, but imo the looptroupe one is nicer.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the one that Davi just posted (watch out for the chip on the girdle) and the one Erini pointed out to Loupetroop, it looks like you have two good stones to choose from - if they meet your color parameters. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results