shape
carat
color
clarity

Open challenge to GIA and AGS about cut grading.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Leonid, I mean this is the most respectful way, but I used Microsoft as a comparison of a large company that positioned itself as an authority in operating systems above superior products. In otherwords, sometimes the BEST solution is not always the most popular.

All other comparisons between Microsoft and GIA are null and void, because they are two seperate industries and entities. That is the only comparison I was hoping to make, because at the time, it was the first one that came to mind in "foremost authorities"

I went to those sites and had no idea what they were talking about. It was all jargon and in four seconds flat I glossed it over and left the site. Basically what most consumers would do if GIA wrote down the specifics of their cut grading in a average newspaper...

Just arguing a point respectfully, not being difficult, just trying to understand...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Somebody not being able or willing to provide the level of information you expect means you're asking the wrong person not that the company assumes you are an idiot

CrankyD;

That was one of your best responses ever. Loved it! It hits the point exactly. We can fine tune information for those who demand it, but let's not lose our way in understanding the pleasure one can get buy buying something they truly love simply because they want to own it and have it. You don't really need to know a whole lot to be happy if the purchase fulfills you, even if it was an impulsive and uninformed purchase. The vast majority of sales are made to consumers who know enough to decide to buy something. They may have very little information about the product, but that is their privilege to make the decision.

Some people believe that Branding a product short cuts the need to know process, as one might blindly buy a branded product with a familiar name and believe there is a basis for credibility there. We do it all the time in the grocery store, so it does work once the Brand has matured. It may work for some diamond brands that fully reach their development.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 1:47:56 PM
Author: oldminer
Somebody not being able or willing to provide the level of information you expect means you''re asking the wrong person not that the company assumes you are an idiot

CrankyD;
I''m sure we asked the right person.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Got a word from AGS too.

AGS is presenting "Understanding the New AGS Cut Grading System" next week at the JCK Show. They will hand out CDRom disks to anyone who wants one. We'll get it too.

The reason why AGS hesitates to post now is the obligation to train AGS Members first. After that, the information will get disseminated to the consumer level.

AGS doesn't want to "put the cart before the horse". AGS believes that they have been absolutely transparent in disseminating information to the Trade. Much information about the new system has been shared with Garry, Jonathan and Paul Slegers.

Added: I simply rephrased the email I've got from AGS. There are obviously more folks here who shared the information about new AGS cut grading system (e.g. John Q.) sorry if I forgot somebody.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 1:47:56 PM
Author: oldminer
Somebody not being able or willing to provide the level of information you expect means you''re asking the wrong person not that the company assumes you are an idiot

CrankyD;

That was one of your best responses ever. Loved it! It hits the point exactly. We can fine tune information for those who demand it, but let''s not lose our way in understanding the pleasure one can get buy buying something they truly love simply because they want to own it and have it. You don''t really need to know a whole lot to be happy if the purchase fulfills you, even if it was an impulsive and uninformed purchase. The vast majority of sales are made to consumers who know enough to decide to buy something. They may have very little information about the product, but that is their privilege to make the decision.

Some people believe that Branding a product short cuts the need to know process, as one might blindly buy a branded product with a familiar name and believe there is a basis for credibility there. We do it all the time in the grocery store, so it does work once the Brand has matured. It may work for some diamond brands that fully reach their development.

I dought it.
Branding hasnt worked totaly for Whiteflash they still have to provide a ton of information to compete.

As for asking the right person who is the right person at imagem to get my questions answered that so far they assume I dont need the answers too?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2005 6:30:25 PM
Author: Pricescope
Got a word from AGS too.

AGS is presenting ''Understanding the New AGS Cut Grading System'' next week at the JCK Show. They will hand out CDRom disks to anyone who wants one. We''ll get it too.

The reason why AGS hesitates to post now is the obligation to train AGS Members first. After that, the information will get disseminated to the consumer level.

AGS doesn''t want to ''put the cart before the horse''. AGS believes that they have been absolutely transparent in disseminating information to the Trade. Much information about the new system has been shared with Garry, Jonathan and Paul Slegers.

Added: I simply rephrased the email I''ve got from AGS. There are obviously more folks here who shared the information about new AGS cut grading system (e.g. John Q.) sorry if I forgot somebody.

I can understand that and consider it an acceptable answer.
I would still love for them to come here and talk to us eventually.
I will repost my challenge in a month or so and see if they are at a point they can do it then.
They are correct that they have been more open than GIA and as a result there is far less confusion about their system.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results