shape
carat
color
clarity

Opal, Tsavorite and Ruby Pin

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm excited! I like to wear pins/brooches when it's sweater weather rather than pendants. Hubby and daughter went shopping on Sanibel Island in FL and found this dragonfly pin at a local jewelry store. It's 18kt yellow and white gold with Tsavorite eyes, a ruby cab nose and a gorgeous opal on the back. The wings are milgrained yellow gold veining over brushed white gold. I'm going to be wearing this one a lot. :bigsmile:

dsc_381.jpg

dsc_0101.jpg

dsc_0108.jpg

dsc_0099.jpg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous, Catmom and looks great on you. I especially love the delicate wings -

From another person who wears brooches often. =)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: I LOVE THAT PIN!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Garnetgirl|1478540878|4094840 said:
It's gorgeous, Catmom and looks great on you. I especially love the delicate wings -

From another person who wears brooches often. =)

Thanks Garnetgirl! There's not many of us pin/brooch wearers anymore I don't think.

motownmama said:
LOVE this!!

Thank you motownmama! I do too. :bigsmile:

LLJsmom said:
:love: I LOVE THAT PIN!!!!

:lol:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was having fun putting it on my flowers. :lol:

dsc_382.jpg

dsc_383.jpg

dsc_384.jpg

dsc_385.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Catmom - you're a a woman after my own heart! I love both dragonflies and brooches. Your pin is gorgeous :love: ! You're right, not too many of us wear them anymore. I think pin/brooches are classic and timeless. Enjoy!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's cute, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so sweet Catmom! I love the 3-D effect of the wings!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love dragonflys and this is right up my alley :love: :love: :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a find - that is so lovely and unique!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful brooch. Great job on the flower shots, too!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1478547334|4094880 said:
Catmom - you're a a woman after my own heart! I love both dragonflies and brooches. Your pin is gorgeous :love: ! You're right, not too many of us wear them anymore. I think pin/brooches are classic and timeless. Enjoy!!!

Thank you so much Poodles4me! I'm glad there are still some of us out there that like pins/brooches [and dragonflys, lol].

dk168 said:
It's cute, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Thanks DK!

tyty333 said:
That's so sweet Catmom! I love the 3-D effect of the wings!

Thanks tyty333, I like the wings too! The white gold is brushed so it really stands out next to the yellow gold.

Arcadian said:
I love dragonflys and this is right up my alley :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Arcadian. I love unique pieces and dragonflys, lol.

minousbijoux said:
What a find - that is so lovely and unique!

Thanks so much minousbijoux!

kgizo said:
It's a beautiful brooch. Great job on the flower shots, too!

Thanks kgizo! I had fun with the flower shots. :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - maybe pins should make a come back!! Enjoy!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1478647646|4095470 said:
Very pretty - maybe pins should make a come back!! Enjoy!

Totally agree! Thanks MissGotRocks.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning pin!! And super versatile, isn't it. I can envision you rocking this pin with a t-shirt and jeans as well as with a little black dress.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I love dragonfly and butterfly jewelry. I'm even oddly attracted to all the victorian fly jewelry (why flies!??!) but I never buy it because... where would I wear a fly? But a DRAGONfly you can wear all the time! It's so delicate and the colors are just lovely - and very much like actual dragonflies I see in my yard.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1478731030|4096029 said:
What a stunning pin!! And super versatile, isn't it. I can envision you rocking this pin with a t-shirt and jeans as well as with a little black dress.

Thank you Acinom! I can also be a pendant but I don't think I would ever wear it that way.

distracts said:
So pretty! I love dragonfly and butterfly jewelry. I'm even oddly attracted to all the victorian fly jewelry (why flies!??!) but I never buy it because... where would I wear a fly? But a DRAGONfly you can wear all the time! It's so delicate and the colors are just lovely - and very much like actual dragonflies I see in my yard.

LOL distracts that reminds me...I had a FLY ring on my wishlist for a long time and one day Hubby asked me why on earth I wanted a bug ring. It took me a minute to realize he was referring to the FLY ring. I don't think I would ever wear a bug :lol: but I do like dragonflys.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I love to wear pins! This one is fantastic! I love the design and the fact that your family picked it out knowing you would love & enjoy it. :dance: That makes it more meaningful! It looks great on you too! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I am behind here! That is sooo pretty! What a fun piece, especially for spring and summer!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1478805585|4096462 said:

Thank you Acinom! I can also be a pendant but I don't think I would ever wear it that way.

distracts said:

LOL distracts that reminds me...I had a FLY ring on my wishlist for a long time and one day Hubby asked me why on earth I wanted a bug ring. It took me a minute to realize he was referring to the FLY ring. I don't think I would ever wear a bug :lol: but I do like dragonflys.

That is too funny! That is just like when I told my husband I wanted to set my spinel pear in a ring, and he kept asking me if I was sure I didn't want earrings instead, because he had heard "pair" instead of "pear"! Husbands... they should just read Pricescope so they understand what we're talking about!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockinruby|1478831798|4096710 said:
I love to wear pins! This one is fantastic! I love the design and the fact that your family picked it out knowing you would love & enjoy it. :dance: That makes it more meaningful! It looks great on you too! :appl:

Thank so much Rickinruby! Happy to see another pin lover. :appl:

diamondseeker2006 said:
Gosh, I am behind here! That is sooo pretty! What a fun piece, especially for spring and summer!

Thanks diamondseeker!

distracts said:
Catmom|1478805585|4096462 said:

distracts said:

That is too funny! That is just like when I told my husband I wanted to set my spinel pear in a ring, and he kept asking me if I was sure I didn't want earrings instead, because he had heard "pair" instead of "pear"! Husbands... they should just read Pricescope so they understand what we're talking about!

:lol: So they should distracts.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkgem2522|1479406671|4099845 said:
Love the pin!

Thank you pinkgem2522!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results