shape
carat
color
clarity

Oops! Another one slipped into my ebay cart

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Jeweler says there is nothing structurally wrong with the diamond. But DZ apparently is VERY optimistic about the specs on the diamond. They listed it as I-J, SI1-SI2. Jeweler says it's more K-L and definitely I1, perhaps I2. The inclusions are VERY visible under the microscope (and with a loupe), but they aren't big carbon spots so they're not visible in real life.

Appraisal will come it at more than I paid for it, but certainly not double, so insurance won't cost a fortune.

I'll probably keep it since I do like it and it's exactly what I wanted size- and style-wise. For an ill-cut, lower clarity diamond, it's still a little beauty.

liz

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What was the price?

I gotta say Libby, for what you got there are a million less pricey option on ebay :)) I consider DZ to be fair bit high for ebay.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D,

$1900. If you have suggestions, I'm all eyes! I know you have a good eye. There's not much in the way of OMC that are large enough to see and under $2K. (But I don't have the mad search skills you do.) I'd like something 3/4-1 ct. OMC, solitaire (or only with tiny sidestones), preferably platinum, size 8-8.5.

I am definitely willing to return it. I had one great experience with DZ, the rest have been okay but not fantastic. I have a few days to get back to them if I want to return it.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results